Five Nights at Freddy's

Nov 12, 2014 at 2:24 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
funwillfunwill said:
Got to night 5 twice, then accidentally pressed "new game." Twice...
Scott should add like a "Are you sure you want to start a new game" type of thing so that wouldn't happen. Hopefully he will put an update for it.

Nov 12, 2014 at 5:51 AM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
The puppet is the new shreck. All will be given the gift of new life!
But seriously, that thing id the worst one of them all. I hate it.

Nov 12, 2014 at 6:12 AM
The puppet is so weird and mysteries dude. Like he obviously has a big role in the story but what are his motives why is he there.

Nov 12, 2014 at 11:54 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
finally tried it out, not sure what everyone's making such a big deal out of
p187442-0-1o11uea.png

Nov 12, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Noxid said:
finally tried it out, not sure what everyone's making such a big deal out of
p187442-0-1o11uea.png
Eh its mainly just exciting to those who love theories because FNAF's plot is kind of hard to pin down and is all over the place especially since FNAF 2 is now released which is when we think we finally had the idea of what the game was about FNAF 2 comes in to say "Lol no u don't" by adding in even more weird things to the plot.

The game is cool and people like it but the big source of excitement for people is the theories and characters themselves. People like the characters because they don't have a personality so they're basically just a blank sheet for an artist to have fun with.

Nov 12, 2014 at 4:14 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
The joke was that I was actually playing feralheart, an objectively better game

Nov 12, 2014 at 4:33 PM
Been here way too long...
TekNerd said:
People like the characters because they don't have a personality
video games

Nov 12, 2014 at 4:50 PM
Noxid said:
The joke was that I was actually playing feralheart, an objectively better game
Oh my bad. I like just woke up when I made that post so I didn't really have a clear mind yet =w=;;

Nov 12, 2014 at 5:13 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
Captain Fabulous said:
video games
Yeah, liking characters for having no personality is a shitty reason to like characters, especially when they have no other redeeming traits apart from a storyline.

Nov 12, 2014 at 5:18 PM
Reddeh Le Steddeh said:
Yeah, liking characters for having no personality is a shitty reason to like characters, especially when they have no other redeeming traits apart from a storyline.
Well I can see how it can ruin it for most games but this is FNAF and the only characters are yourself and the animatronics
yes Bonnie the purple animatronic bunny with no face and wants to murder you....
but also has a great personality and a well balanced life style.

Nov 12, 2014 at 6:57 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I really enjoy FNaF series for what they are. They're a nice change of pace from generic horror games where you walk around collecting stuff when occasionaly encountering an enemy.
First FNaF interested me greatly in it's lore and theories when I found the gameplay quite lacking, but FNaF 2 makes up for that. The gameplay is new, fresh and interesting and it's more chaotic than ever by the third night.
I can understand why some people may dislike this game, but disliking it simply because "there are jumpscares in it" is just really fucking dumb in my eyes. Both games don't abuse the jumpscares and FNaF2 has better sound design compared to the first FNaF, meaning that the screamers are not as grating on the eyes while still having an impact.
I personally don't find FNaF1 or 2 too scary but FNaF2 is genuinely fun to play, especially if you don't exactly know the game mechanics.

Nov 12, 2014 at 8:00 PM
Crystalwarrior said:
I really enjoy FNaF series for what they are. They're a nice change of pace from generic horror games where you walk around collecting stuff when occasionaly encountering an enemy.
First FNaF interested me greatly in it's lore and theories when I found the gameplay quite lacking, but FNaF 2 makes up for that. The gameplay is new, fresh and interesting and it's more chaotic than ever by the third night.
I can understand why some people may dislike this game, but disliking it simply because "there are jumpscares in it" is just really fucking dumb in my eyes. Both games don't abuse the jumpscares and FNaF2 has better sound design compared to the first FNaF, meaning that the screamers are not as grating on the eyes while still having an impact.
I personally don't find FNaF1 or 2 too scary but FNaF2 is genuinely fun to play, especially if you don't exactly know the game mechanics.
I completely agree with everything you just said

Nov 12, 2014 at 9:20 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I like the fact that it's a prequel, with the newer animatronics being discontinued. They fixed the old ones, which appear in the first game. I challenge you to find it out for yourself. Look around at the end of the game. Also explains why phone guy is still there, and there is also the fact that it was reopened from the old dinner it used to be from. The date on the check is earlier than before, and there is more protection in the first game. The mention of the lack of doors means that the doors from the old dinner were just removed.
Also, Golden Freddy is in this game. That doesn't really have to do with anything, but thought it would be good to mention this. Man, this is a big wall of text.

Dec 6, 2014 at 8:03 PM
Uuuh so uh....
FNAF3 confirmed http://scottgames.com/ (brighten up the screen and look in the bottom right corner)

I thought maybe this time he would slow down and take his time making the next one. I guess he has had this story and game planned out for a while now.

Dec 7, 2014 at 1:08 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Dec 7, 2014 at 3:31 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Here's the entire (abridged) story for Five Nights at Freddy's (and Five Nights at Freddy's 2):
Don't get killed.

Dec 9, 2014 at 1:21 AM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
The characters themselves actually do have a personality, it is just that they are able to remain mysterious. Their motives are not very clear, but it helps add to the mystery. I personally dont think that the only reason they kill you is to stuff you in a freddy suit.

And why would they leave them in a free roaming mode at night? It says that their servos would lock up, but come on! Everyone knows you could just oil them. Another theory i have is that the phone guy is feeding you false information. He is most likely being held against his will bye the robots.

Yet another thing: why would they not file a missing person report until the floors were stained and such? Clearly something is going on. Hopefully more will be revealed as the game(s) develop.

Dec 9, 2014 at 1:26 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
funwillfunwill said:
The characters themselves actually do have a personality, it is just that they are able to remain mysterious. Their motives are not very clear, but it helps add to the mystery. I personally dont think that the only reason they kill you is to stuff you in a freddy suit.

And why would they leave them in a free roaming mode at night? It says that their servos would lock up, but come on! Everyone knows you could just oil them. Another theory i have is that the phone guy is feeding you false information. He is most likely being held against his will bye the robots.

Yet another thing: why would they not file a missing person report until the floors were stained and such? Clearly something is going on. Hopefully more will be revealed as the game(s) develop.
you made literally all of that up though
The actual reason for all of those things is because "there was no thought put into anything from the beginning"

Dec 9, 2014 at 12:21 PM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
funwillfunwill said:
1)What OTHER REASON could it be if it wasn't to stuff you in a suit? Do the cha-cha with you real smooth?
2)If you oiled an animatronic it could make their music box or their built-in batteries malfunction, so oiling them is really out of the question.
2.a)He isn't feeding you false information. His words are just a bit twisted from the truth as he can't say anything that Fazbear Management doesn't want him to, although he slips in some hints from time to time.
3)They don't want to fill a missing person report because their budget is running low and they'd rather not deal with all of that and could get possibly sued, which costs money, which they don't have.
We'll just need to wait for FNaF3 for everything to close up.

Noxid said:
you made literally all of that up though
The actual reason for all of those things is because "there was no thought put into anything from the beginning"
Noxid can you assume for one tiny bit that MAYBE SOME WORK was put into this game and it's sequel and they MAYBE have a story behind them and that the story is actually BETTER THAN MOST HORROR GAMES?
Also yeah it's a jump-scare shit-fest but come on what horror game isn't.
(excluding a few known examples)

Dec 9, 2014 at 2:31 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
My confidence is not being bolstered by the fact that these are being shit out at a rate of one every few months so as to frantically ride the hype train as far as it'll go