Five Nights at Freddy's

Sep 13, 2014 at 2:44 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Kiyoshi said:
Sometime the game glitches when you die so you can hear the full scream before it cuts out. A lot of people just assumed you could only hear it through the audio file.
I wondered why occasionally when foxy kills me, stays in the doorway for a while and the scream lasts a while.
The first time I encountered that glitch, I just stared as foxy ran in and just looked at me. That actually scared me more than the normal jumpscares.

Sep 14, 2014 at 1:41 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Sora655 said:
I just stared as foxy ran in and just looked at me. That actually scared me more than the normal jumpscares.
I agree. It's kinda funny how staring can be so scary. I think I find them suddenly popping in the doorway and staring at you vacantly to be more scary than the jumpscares as well. It just feels really, really uncomfortable.

As an aside, I pirated Call of Cthulhu and my game was kinda messed up in that the talk button wouldn't always make you talk. So then you'd just be stuck staring at the NPCs and they all had really dead, freaky-looking eyes. That probably creeped me the most in playing the game, honestly >_>

Sep 14, 2014 at 3:45 AM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
As an aside, I pirated Call of Cthulhu and my game was kinda messed up in that the talk button wouldn't always make you talk. So then you'd just be stuck staring at the NPCs and they all had really dead, freaky-looking eyes. That probably creeped me the most in playing the game, honestly >_>
That reminds me of when the Two Best Friends were playing that during their first Shitstorm of Scariness. The townspeople ended up unnerving them more than anything else, and at one moment they were actually jumpscared by a patrolling security guard because getting caught swiveled them 180 degrees right into his face.

Sep 15, 2014 at 12:43 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
SeasonsOfDestiny said:
That reminds me of when the Two Best Friends were playing that during their first Shitstorm of Scariness. The townspeople ended up unnerving them more than anything else, and at one moment they were actually jumpscared by a patrolling security guard because getting caught swiveled them 180 degrees right into his face.
Uggghh yes that was the worst part D: I forgot they did an LP of that. But I totally sympathize with them because that part was friggin terrifying

Oct 30, 2014 at 4:54 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
And now we're getting a sequel where instead of leaning in looking like a drunk person, Foxy dives in head first like he forgot to wear his seatbelt.

Oct 30, 2014 at 5:38 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
that is a very accurate description and I am proud of you

also yeah FNaF 2 has some pretty good mechanics in it
for example
the Fazbear Mask ©
the vents
the nO DOORS
8 ANIMATRONICS

aka a shitstorm

Oct 31, 2014 at 5:06 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I swear FNAF 2 looks so good. Its really a step up from the first game I can't wait to see all the new stuff with it!

Oct 31, 2014 at 11:21 AM
thinks dogs are cool
Yeah, I heard it won't be using Multimedia Fusion, which was what Scott was using in FNaF 1.

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:52 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
ConconZilla said:
I am going to buy it as soon as it comes out.

Is it the same "buy" process as in your Spelunky video?

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:57 PM
thinks dogs are cool
ooh SMACK DOWN

nobutpleasedontpirategamesthanks

Nov 4, 2014 at 2:59 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Spirit Drifter said:
nobutpleasedontpirategamesthanks
mind your business

Going back to the topic...
Nice...game.. i guess...? (why in the hell i've watched that? at least Penguinz0\Critikal makes the game funnier.)

Nov 4, 2014 at 3:19 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Piracy is everybody's business
Even with trash games like this

Nov 5, 2014 at 7:50 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
Spirit Drifter said:
Yeah, I heard it won't be using Multimedia Fusion, which was what Scott was using in FNaF 1.
Which engine then? I mean, basically every engine is better than multimedia fusion (also it was renamed as Clickteam Fusion recently.) *crosses fingers* please be unity.

Speaking of which, i used Multimedia Fusion to make a bad FNAF clone. The sprites were horrible though, because as most people know on the forums: I am the absolute worst computer artist of all time.

Nov 5, 2014 at 11:26 PM
thinks dogs are cool
I'm not sure actually. I just know it isn't cause the animatronics are actually interactable.

Ok, I lied somewhat. Scott is actually still using "Clickteam Fusion", so idk man.

Nov 11, 2014 at 5:42 AM
thinks dogs are cool
The sequel isn't out, only the demo is.
Get your facts right.

Scratch that, holy shit.

Nov 11, 2014 at 8:05 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
Noxid said:
Piracy is everybody's business
Even with trash games like this
Keep in mind it's not like 100% of pirates were gonna buy the game in the first place.
And as some guy said, I think it was Notch or something we should work on making our games actually good before focusing entirely on anti-piracy measures that'll be bypassed eventually anyway.

Not that Piratebay's not a problem.

Nov 11, 2014 at 8:12 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Trying to encourage a culture of not pirating software because you can, and enacting DRM and anti-piracy measures are pretty different things

Nov 11, 2014 at 8:47 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
Fair point. I'm not the best at reading so I didn't quite understand your point because I'm tired and only read one post.

Nov 11, 2014 at 9:52 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
Got to night 5 twice, then accidentally pressed "new game." Twice...