First video games you've had?

Oct 15, 2024 at 10:05 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Pronouns: he/him
i cant really remember what my first video game was, it was probably some nintendo ds edutainment toddler shit, or maybe super mario bros?

it's been so long and i have shit memory so like yeah

Oct 15, 2024 at 11:30 PM
"Huzzah!"
Pronouns: they/he
richard scarry's busytown, one of those edutainment minigame collections... my parents had this thing about technology so for a long time the only screen we had in the house was this old PC, but mum found this game at a garage sale and i suppose went 'oh hey richard scarry popular children's author i guess i'll let my kids play this' - we were also allowed to play minesweeper and space cadet sometimes

i think sometime after that some close family friends let their kids play club penguin, so my sibling and i were allowed to as well (for 15 minutes each, on sunday afternoons, with semi-rural 20XX australian internet speeds... uphill both ways in the snow)

although if we're talking 'actual singleplayer games', i think it would've been the portal series, they're the reason i was allowed a steam account in my early-ish teens... or maybe minecraft? i forget which came first

Back