First video games you've had?

Aug 17, 2015 at 9:16 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Sonic The Hedgehog (Sega Genesis)
Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (PC)
Civilization III (PC) (I sucked at it.)

Didn't really start buying more games until ~2007-2008.

Aug 17, 2015 at 9:17 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
After seeing Raus' list, I kind of want to make a list of firsts as well:
PC: Bugatron. This also happened to be my first video game ever.
GBA: SpongeBob Squarepants: The Movie. I recall not knowing that you had the ability to run until a friend told me how. As a result, I got stuck on one of the levels in the Trench for quite a while.
DS: Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron. I don't really have much to say about this one, aside from that the Heroes and Villains mode would've been more enjoyable if I had someone to play it with other than bots.
Wii: Super Mario Galaxy 2. As soon as we got it, my brother and I played it nearly non-stop until we beat it. Also, timed purple coin levels are cancer.
3DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. My first run through the game went off without a hitch for the most part, excluding the Water Temple, but the Masterquest version of the Forest Temple tripped me up for nearly an entire year. How was I supposed to know there was an eye in the well that I had to shoot?
Wii U: Super Mario 3D World. The blood sport that is co-op was relatively fun, especially trying to compete for the crown. We never did manage to beat the final level of the final bonus world, though.

Aug 17, 2015 at 10:11 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
If we are also counting pc games, the first game I ever played was some random Transformers flash game from the website. You had to tap the left and right arrow keys to blast the other Transformer in some weird game of reverse tug-of-war.

Aug 17, 2015 at 10:51 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
The first video game I played and owned was Monster's Inc: Pinball Panic for the PC.
The first console I owned was the Game Boy Advance.

Aug 18, 2015 at 12:00 AM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Oh dear. I started with the Rugrats game for PS1. That's the first game I ever completed 100%, followed shortly after by Crash Bandicoot: Warped.

Aug 18, 2015 at 12:05 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
My first video game was Sonic Rush Adventure for the DS back when that was cool.

Never got all the chaos emeralds

that green guy is too darn stronk

Aug 18, 2015 at 12:11 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
F_Deity_Link said:
anyone ever played pajama sam?
Ah yes, Pajama Sam. A long time ago, we got some small CD that had a demo that involved breaking out of this candy cane jail, and then helping some woman out of a mud pit, and then disguising yourself as a pumpkin to get into some facility. There was also this other demo of one of his games that I barely remember. And there was this one time at the zoo when I saw some kid with Pajama Sam's face on his T-shirt.

Haven't seen that character at all since.

Aug 18, 2015 at 12:21 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
It's very difficult to remember the first game I played was...

I'm pretty sure for me it was SpongeBob SquarePants - SuperSponge. I got it as a birthday present when I was very young, along with a PS2. After watching part of the longplay, I remember surprisingly a lot less than what I thought I did. It actually has a pretty alright soundtrack.

Aug 18, 2015 at 12:42 AM
"Huzzah!"
so much nostalgia

As I read this thread I see so many games that I've played or games for shows that I watched, and I'm thinking about how long it's been since I was sitting in the van watching a VCR tape or playing on a GBC

Aug 18, 2015 at 1:11 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
My firsts were Crash Bandicoot 3 and Pokémon Gold! Such great times with both games, even to this day. £:

Aug 18, 2015 at 3:14 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Uhh mario3 and NinjerGaiden2 for the
p204968-0-nesssprite.gif

come to think of it i had wintergames too but i neverunderstood it

Aug 18, 2015 at 3:37 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Pac-Man World on the GBA.

Aug 18, 2015 at 5:08 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
My absolute first I think was a toy device that played tetris. After that a gameboy (original brick model) with a Japanese copy of Super Mario Land 2, as well as I think it was Alien 3, Bionic Commando and Metroid 2. I was blessed for sure.

Then there was my first console game: Illusion of Time, Alien 3, and one or two other games I forgot for the snes were my firsts. I was 1 or 2 generations behind everyone else, but I didn't care in the slightest, both games were downright amazing. I played them both to death and then some.

Aug 18, 2015 at 5:36 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Let's see... I made lists of the first games I ever remember owning:

~~~PS1~~~
Gran Turismo 2
Crash Bandicoot: Warped
Crash Bash
Crash Team Racing
Spyro 2 & 3
CyberTiger
Toy Story 2
(Maybe?) Tetris Plus
Scooby Doo and the Cyber Chase

~~~GBA~~~
Tak and the Power of Juju
Super Mario Advance 1 & 3
Kao the Kangaroo
Antz - Extreme Racing

Aug 18, 2015 at 4:54 PM
Left 4 Dead.

( a pirated copy i'm sorry I have the full version now FORGIVE ME GABEN AAAAAAAAAAA )

Aug 19, 2015 at 1:31 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I'm guessing the OP means games you own/owned.

These aren't necessarily the first, just early ones I have strong memories of:
GB: Donkey Kong Land 2 and III
GBA: Mario Kart: Super Circuit
NDS: New Super Mario Bros.
PC (Windows): Croc: Legends of the Gobbos
PC (Linux): Rocks'n'Diamonds (freeware!)
PS1: THPS2
Genesis: Altered Beast
iPod touch: Rayman 2: The Great Escape (had this for PC first)

Aug 22, 2015 at 6:26 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
My first console game was one of those X-in-1 consoles, where you plug the controller in to a TV and it brings up a list of games to play. The earliest one I had contained ten games. I don't know if that particular one is still in the house, but I do remember the games on it. One involved some pixelated running man trekking through the jungle and you had to bypass the obstacles, like a giant hole ripping in the ground. Another was a topdown view of two monochrome boxers; you controlled one and had to punch the other to score points. The highest scores involved a punch to the nose.

Lastly, I do remember that particular console actually had a multiplayer game that involved two players using the one console. You controlled a chicken that had to cross a busy road. If I recall, both players competed to see how many chickens they could cross safely in a set amount of time.

In terms of computer games, I do remember a lot of the CD-ROMs I owned back in the days when we could get CD-ROM games in cereal boxes and at the hairdresser. The earliest one I remember owning is Miss Spider's Tea Party. I still own it, actually, and come to think of it, I never did beat it.

Aug 23, 2015 at 3:00 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
Hmmm...my first console was a Wii. The first game I got on it was NSMB Wii. Before that i just played lots of flash games. My first PC game...must have been War For Cybertron. Maybe even Minecraft. My first RPG was Morrowind. First FPS...well the first one i play was World at War, but the first i owned must have been Battlefield 1942.

Aug 23, 2015 at 6:53 PM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
I'm pretty sure it was a tekken game for ps1

me and my dad would play it all the time.

Last edited: