Final boss (spoiler)

Aug 6, 2007 at 4:20 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Try finishing Misery (Boss) and the two doctor forms losing as little health as possible. You're down by five points as it is, so I 'don't see any reason for you not to reset everytime you lose more than 15 HPs in these 3 fights. I used the machine gun throughout with Misery, and tried for powerups every time i lost health. It is essential to get past her with Max health. Also, once you finish off the doctors, you can speak to the purple coloured mimiga from Grasstown twice and hearts will apper over all the mimigas. You gotta be quick to collect them though.

Once you finish the core, I'll try and explain the other ending giving as little away as i can.

Aug 6, 2007 at 11:59 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
But doesn't misery get you powerups, just kill sue, leave misery alive, and the go for the core, and before this battle, talk to the migma in the cages more than once to get health.

I remember doing it the hard way once, leaving both alive and killing the core, that took me waaay too long, I kept dying.

Aug 7, 2007 at 12:27 AM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Not with the spur. I leave both alive every time.

andwhyisit said:
I am going to try that on Ballos, if I don't get killed first.

Jump on a small spike first, and kill him while you're flashing. It's cheap, but it works really well. 3.5 seconds, baby! :eek:

Aug 7, 2007 at 12:34 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Yes I used the spur, but didn't know about the heath thing, and it was my first play-through.

Aug 8, 2007 at 11:31 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Ok, I talked to the puppy and I got the life pot and got 50 life.
Is there anything else I can do before going to the boss?
There was this clock room with a locked chest I couldnt open, can I open it somehow?

Aug 8, 2007 at 1:25 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Sargon said:
Ok, I talked to the puppy and I got the life pot and got 50 life.
Is there anything else I can do before going to the boss?
There was this clock room with a locked chest I couldnt open, can I open it somehow?

No.
If it won't open, it will never open.
I also think you need to have fulfilled the conditions (got Booster 2.0, saved Curly) for the best ending.

Aug 8, 2007 at 11:26 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Hm. Don't know if it'd still help, but the strategy I've been using to beat the 'final' bosses is...

Misery - Stand beneath her when she teleports in, aim up, spam Machine Gun. The moment you hit 80+ damage, start running, jump if necesary to dodge the black orbs. Fire at bats on the way to her as she teleports again if/when necesary, repeat. If she's too close to the ground when she has the dark shield going, fire at her from the side - may as well do some damage.

Doctor - for his first form, it's possible and quite easy to just hover on the ceiling while raining death onto his head, dodging by foot whenever he does his mid-air burst attack.
I'm not sure if infinite flight works without the TurboCharger, but if you manual-fire the Machine Gun, you can fly indefinitely, and you can actualy fire slightly faster than by holding down the attack button.
When he turns into the Muscle Doctor, you can either just fire at him whenever he's not moving ( or, if you're uncomfortably close, try jumping away and turning in mid-air to shoot at him ) , jumping over him when cornered, and spamming at his hands whenever he fires out the bats ( you should be able to take out a good number of them before they leave ) .
If you're willing to take a bit of damage for the sake of speed, just stand next to him with a level 2 Blade and mash the button down. With a good twitching finger, you can drop him in less than three seconds that way.
Of course, the above mentioned strategy of just floating above his head still works.

For the Undead Core, I actualy avoid shooting Misery and Sue - which, I learned, helps slightly, as Misery will only attack you if you hit her first. And she'll only attack one or twice or maybe three times before becoming passive again. Sue's easy to dodge, since she can only hurt you when she's spinning - otherwise she's also harmless. Otherwise, just stay on either one of the pods or the platform at the end of the room, and fire your weapon of choice into Undead Core's face whenever he opens up, unless he's about to fire his giant mouth-cannon. You can try tossing a level 3 Blade onto him just before he fires, so that you can still be doing some damage without getting hit.

As another mentioned, Misery gives you powerups, so if you're not like me and don't care about theme playing, you can pop a few shots at her head anytime you need health or exp.

Aug 8, 2007 at 11:40 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
Garbeld said:
Hm. Don't know if it'd still help, but the strategy I've been using to beat the 'final' bosses is...

Misery - Stand beneath her when she teleports in, aim up, spam Machine Gun. The moment you hit 80+ damage, start running, jump if necesary to dodge the black orbs. Fire at bats on the way to her as she teleports again if/when necesary, repeat. If she's too close to the ground when she has the dark shield going, fire at her from the side - may as well do some damage.

instead of machine gun you use the spur and do that in 3 seconds lol :D

Aug 9, 2007 at 1:46 AM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
It gets tricky with the spur when Misery start to make those rotating black orbs.

Aug 9, 2007 at 3:25 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
instead of machine gun you use the spur and do that in 3 seconds lol
Oh, right. Except, of course, for the whole "he doesn't have Spur" and "Spur is lame anyways," things. ;P
Snake ftw!

Aug 9, 2007 at 8:33 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Garbeld said:
Oh, right. Except, of course, for the whole "he doesn't have Spur" and "Spur is lame anyways," things. ;P
Snake ftw!

i dont really like the snake it curves too much :D :(

nah it just seems a bit crappy in my view but now i've said that someones gonna say how much they love the snake....

but machine gun's floating ftw :D

Aug 9, 2007 at 9:30 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
i dont really like the snake it curves too much :D
I've always found the Snake's curving path to be beneficial - the projectile's large enough that I rarely, if ever, miss due to it, and I quite often find myself taking advantage of it to hit otherwise unreachable enemies, even aside from its wall penetration.

nah it just seems a bit crappy in my view but now i've said that someones gonna say how much they love the snake....
Very, very much.
:(

Aug 9, 2007 at 1:43 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
Roonil Wazlib said:
Not if you time right. BTW, Shooting from underneath > shooting horizontally.
Its very easy to dodge them... :D

and if you get hit they only do like 2 dmg

Aug 22, 2007 at 5:33 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
IMO the best way to beat the doctor both forms is to hover over him with the machine gun where he can't get you unless he does the huge burst of orb things. You'll need the turbocharger though if you want to stay up there.

Aug 22, 2007 at 11:41 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
Tru7h said:
IMO the best way to beat the doctor both forms is to hover over him with the machine gun where he can't get you unless he does the huge burst of orb things. You'll need the turbocharger though if you want to stay up there.

most people would get the turbo charger normally, its hard to forget to

Aug 23, 2007 at 12:51 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I beat the normal ending without the use of the Booster, Machine Gun, or that Life Jar thingie, while wearing the Mimiga mask, now I want to try Hell with the Mimiga Mask and the Machine Gun and while still carrying Mr.Little, but I should beat Hell at least once before trying something so insanely hard.

Is there anyone who has done this?

Aug 23, 2007 at 12:55 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Nope im lazy about cavestory ever since i bet cs 3 times in the same 3 days lol

Aug 23, 2007 at 3:08 AM
"Huzzah!"
Alas, it's impossible to get to Hell with the mask, as you need the booster 2.0 to do so. Even so, you'd never make it through the first part alive without the boost. 'Tis a sad day. >_<

Aug 23, 2007 at 3:54 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Xaser said:
Alas, it's impossible to get to Hell with the mask, as you need the booster 2.0 to do so. Even so, you'd never make it through the first part alive without the boost. 'Tis a sad day. >_<
What about the machine gun? Would that work as a substitute?