Favourite Zelda Title?

Nov 28, 2009 at 6:45 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Iunno if this is gonna get any traffic >.>
Anyways, Favourite title in the LoZ series and short explanation. For me:

It was, for the longest time, Link to the past. It's probably the game that got me hooked on gaming, so it holds a special spot in my heart. I might have been a bigger fan of LoZ 1, but it was hard to get into it cuz my NES broke all the time. However, lately my opinion has started to shift towards Majora's Mask. When I first got it, I didn't really like it that much. It felt too "Weird" to be a Zelda game. But, now that I'm older, looking back I think I can appreciate it's dark themes and unique style. It's probably the boldest step they've ever taken with the series. The masks provide great side quests that help you develop compassion for all of Termina's different inhabitants. Gameplay was great, with different forms adding variety and strategy (My favourite was the Goron, cus he SMASH!) The plot itself is really gripping, so much more than just "Saev prinsess to win gaem" Sometimes I would just swim out to the middle of the ocean to enjoy the Apocalypse and rock out on my fishbone guitar.

In short, Majora's Mask is a great and (I feel) oft negleted title in the Zelda series.

EDIT: HEY! Why can I change the title of a thread here and not elsewhere?

Nov 28, 2009 at 6:55 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I actually never played Ocarina of Time. *braces for impact*
I just could never really get into the 3D ones.

My favorites were the top-down gameboy ones, such as Link's Awakening, and the Oracle of Seasons and Ages. Link's awakening was the first I played, so I think I'd have to pick that as a favorite.

Nov 28, 2009 at 11:28 PM
The Bucket Fairy
"..."
Ocarina of time :D :D :D

Nov 29, 2009 at 9:50 AM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
1. Links Awakaning (Partly BEcause Of Tal Tal Mountains Music :D )
2. Majoras Mask, I Liked it more than Ocarina Of Time Because Of The Main Bad Guy.
3. Ocarina Of Time. The music Was Soo God Damn Good. And It Was Scary At Some Points

Nov 29, 2009 at 6:08 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I haven't played much Zelda games though since I never had any Nintendo home console after the SNES...so my favorite Zelda title goes to Oracle Of Seasons/Ages for the GBC. Amazing story, dungeons, music...everything. :)

Nov 30, 2009 at 9:00 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
Of all time?

Ocarina of Time.

It was the very first one I played and I WAS HOOKED.

Took me forever to beat the first dungeon, though...

Those damn Redeads still creep me out, and I LIKE horror movies.

Nov 30, 2009 at 10:18 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
My favorite of all time would have to be the first one I ever played: Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past.
Even after playing all the other Zelda titles, I always find myself going back to playing this one...
I even had it on my PSP, at one time :D;

Cyowolf1122;82667 said:
Those damn Redeads still creep me out, and I LIKE horror movies.
You know those weren't real undead things, they were just magically created monsters :rolleyes:
{At least, that's what SSBM said...}

Nov 30, 2009 at 10:30 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
VoidMage_Lowell;82697 said:
You know those weren't real undead things, they were just magically created monsters :rolleyes:
{At least, that's what SSBM said...}

Well, I doubt any of us knew that when we first played it. Back then, they were zombies with blood-curdling screams and dessicated flesh, that ate your brains and bled black bile. The ones in the crypt where you get the sun's song were the worst :eek: It gave me nightmares!
But in a good way.

Dec 7, 2009 at 5:46 AM
"Huzzah!"
My all-time favorite is A Link to the Past, probably because it was the first Zelda game I ever played.

My next favorite would have to be Ocarina of Time.

And my third favorite is Link's Awakening.

Fourth is Wind Waker.

The others... I don't know. I kinda like Zelda II though, which most people hate, but whatever.

Dec 9, 2009 at 8:47 PM
Assistance
My all time favorite Zelda game would have to be...
Ocarina of Time. This game was my first N64 game that I played back in the 90's when I was pretty damn young; and holy shit, it was epic. I loved OOC so much that I would go outside with a plastic shield and plastic sword attempting to cut my neighbor's plants. What got me into this game was that I was messing around on the main menu, and somehow I accidently deleted my Dad's account, so I promised him that I would beat the game for him.

Another Zelda game that I loved was Link's awakening, I don't know why, I think it was because of all those mario cameos in it. All in all, it was really fun and epic.

My least favorite Zelda game is probably Zelda II, or Majora's mask. Now don't get me wrong, Majora's Mask was pretty cool, the only thing that pissed me off was the 3 DAY LIMIT BULLSHIT. For me, it was by far one of the hardest Zelda games that I have played. I've always hated using the song of time to go back from the moon destroying the little town, because you lose all of your stock on items, and THOSE HARD EARNED RUPEES.

Dec 9, 2009 at 9:00 PM
meep
Ralren;83238 said:
I've always hated using the song of time to go back from the moon destroying the little town, because you lose all of your stock on items, and THOSE HARD EARNED RUPEES.

If I'm remembering correctly, that's what the bank is for. Or maybe it didn't work like that, I can't remember.

Dec 9, 2009 at 11:29 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Ralren;83238 said:
Zelda II, or Majora's mask.

BRuAgh!!

p333243-0-gbaol.gif

That is Zelda II. I have played it, and beaten it (with only a little help from gameFAQs... Invisible walls O.o) although the game came out before I was born.

No disrespect, I just wanted to use that one ^_^

Dec 11, 2009 at 11:14 PM
Assistance
Noxid;83243 said:
BRuAgh!!

p333243-0-gbaol.gif

That is Zelda II. I have played it, and beaten it (with only a little help from gameFAQs... Invisible walls O.o) although the game came out before I was born.

No disrespect, I just wanted to use that one ^_^

You thought I said that Majora's Mask was the actual Zelda II?
No, I meant BOTH.

Dec 12, 2009 at 2:01 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Oh, my apologies then. :o

but zelda II is cool, why don't ya like it?

Jan 1, 2010 at 6:22 PM
"Huzzah!"
I have played all but 2 zelda games: Four swords (because I couldn't find anyone to link with URGH!), and Spirit Tracks cus its so damn new.

Otherwise, I own or have owned the rest of the zelda games (or a PORT of them).

of ALL zeldas I have, the only one I havent BEATEN is zelda II. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE zelda II, its just the final boss, I cant beat him! (And I've almost beaten IWBTG! What does that tell you!).

And the only zelda game I have beaten without ANY Faq help, is phantom hourglass. and I've almost got a perfect file on there now... =D

Feb 11, 2010 at 5:56 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
Legend of Zelda:A Link to the past,i have it,and im still going thru everything,i barely got the master sword,and guess what(if you didnt know) It shoots lasers like Nes Legend of Zelda when you have full hearts,except there not lasers,they actually look like fairies

Feb 12, 2010 at 2:40 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Definitely Ocarina of Time.

I started Majora's Mask mainly because I got bored after playing too much OoT.

Feb 12, 2010 at 2:43 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Mine would have to be Ocarine of Time too, since it was the first one I played, and it feels like it was the best so far. Wind waker was cool too, and is probably my second favourite.

Feb 24, 2010 at 5:04 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Oracle of seasons I think.