Expansion of our Repetoir

Jul 18, 2011 at 12:54 PM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
cultr1 said:
(most users seem dead set against contributing their opinion...)

In that case we should make a poll thread here (again by doing it users are inspired to vote).

Jul 18, 2011 at 2:09 PM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
andwhyisit said:
1. I want to try to make all Cave Story forums subforum-free. This way all the Cave Story forums have an even chance of getting activity instead of a new post in the Cave Story subforums every half a day.

Whether a forum is a forum or subforum doesn't really have an affect on how much attention it gets.

andwhyisit said:
2. The S.P.O.T. can stay as a subforum. Promoting a spam forum is a bad idea. Plus seeing the nature of the Satellite Lounge is "everything that doesn't belong elsewhere" the S.P.O.T as a subforum of the Satellite Lounge makes absolute sense.

I disagree with your first comment. But, I agree with the second one.

andwhyisit said:
3. While "Forum-Based Games" aren't exactly the most intellegent of threads, they are still bound by the rules regarding spam and offtopic posts. If they were under the S.P.O.T then these rules would no longer take effect.

I disagree with the whole "Being placed under the S.P.O.T would make it follow its rules, but, whatever.

I have no real problems with your most recent order besides the fact that I believe General Gaming should be at the top since it'll get more attention and it is more on line with Other Games and such. Kind of like how you wouldn't place General Cave Story talk under Music, or Forum Rules under Sat Lounge.

Jul 19, 2011 at 5:37 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
So by making a few changes to the forum sections people will start magically visiting our forums? Just because of that? Really?

Jul 20, 2011 at 2:26 AM
/end
WoodenRat said:
So by making a few changes to the forum sections people will start magically visiting our forums? Just because of that? Really?

I don't think anyone has outright stated that. And if they believe that they are horribly misinformed.

Jul 20, 2011 at 1:36 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
WoodenRat said:
No. The idea was to give EXISTING members more avenues of discussion, not to encourage new members to join.

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:07 PM
Pirate Member
Can't we already discuss anything?

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:15 PM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Woodenrat by having those sections it inspires users to post about some indie or pixel game they have in mind.

Jul 20, 2011 at 5:36 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Adding new sections facilitates disussion.
Woodenrat go be a dick somewhere else

Jul 21, 2011 at 2:18 AM
Been here way too long...
Oy I'm back.
How about
Code:
[B]General[/B]
> Forum Announcements and Rules
> Forum Suggestions
> Satellite Lounge
> > Entertainment Media
> > Forum-Based Games
> > The S.P.O.T.

[B]Cave Story[/B]
> General Discussion
> Other Games by Pixel
> Music
> Theories
> Technical Issues

[B]Game Modification[/B]
> General Discussion
> Ideas and Development
> Showcase

[B]Other Games[/B]
> Indie Games
> General Gaming
> > Game Media
> Game Development
> > Showcase
?

There is exactly one change from andwhy's prop, which is the combination of all game modification into one forum. I think that makes more sense, but you must've had a reason.

Jul 21, 2011 at 5:37 AM
/end
If

Game Modification

is supposed to be the general game modification forum then there is no need for

Game Development

right under it.

Either combine all game modification and development into one genereal section/forum, or have a Cave Story game modification section and then a general game modification and development section/forum.

If we are going to make a general section/forum for all game modification and development and put Cave Story in it as well there is no reason at all for it to be split over the forum.

Jul 21, 2011 at 10:43 AM
Pirate Member
It should also be changed from Lunch to Lounge, as to avoid confusion.

Jul 21, 2011 at 4:09 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
WoodenRat said:
It should also be changed from Lunch to Lounge, as to avoid confusion.

Definitely. Lunch was a bad idea in the first place

Jul 21, 2011 at 8:10 PM
MetaSeraphim said:
If

Game Modification

is supposed to be the general game modification forum then there is no need for

Game Development

right under it.

Either combine all game modification and development into one genereal section/forum, or have a Cave Story game modification section and then a general game modification and development section/forum.

If we are going to make a general section/forum for all game modification and development and put Cave Story in it as well there is no reason at all for it to be split over the forum.
I agree, but
andwhyisit said:
Sorry but I personally think that modding and game development shouldn't be merged.

Here was a suggestion I made earlier that did combine them:

Code:
[b]Game Modification and Development[/b]
> Hacking Discussion
> Programming Discussion
> Ideas and Development
> Showcase

Is that good?

Jul 22, 2011 at 5:16 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Uhh no.

"Cave Story Modding" and "Other Games>Game Modification and Development" are fine. I'd prefer to keep the "Cave Story modding community" as it has been for years, a Cave Story modding community, not a generalised game modding/development community.

Jul 22, 2011 at 12:27 PM
Pirate Member
Gotta agree with andwhyisit. Even though he has a retarded name.

Jul 22, 2011 at 5:29 PM
andwhyisit said:
Did you read my post?

I basically told meta that you had already said "no", but that a previous suggestion had in fact been made. If you were referring to what I had said in my previous post, about combining all hacking sections into one (but leaving game dev separate), then I must respectfully disagree with your statements:

For one thing, it really is neigh on nonsensical to divide two innately similar thing, rather than to conglomerate them.
Secondly, the cave story mod/hacking community would hold together even if they were combined. If you are really, really worried about that, you could make CS modding a subforum of modding general (as it was in my original suggestion) or I guess make modding general a subforum of CS modding, although that's a bit less logical.
Lastly, although this point veers a bit away from "respectful disagreement" into "disrespectful disagreement", I don't see why you should have complete control over the modding and hacking community. Despite being the clear owner and benevolent dictator of the forums, you must realize that decisions about the modding and hacking community should be made by the modding and hacking community. Some of the decisions made in this thread deeply affect the modding community, and you do not constitute even a small part of that.

:/

Jul 22, 2011 at 6:38 PM
The Cave Story modding would completely overshadow any other games. Game Mods/Dev is about projects independent from Cave Story, which is the reason we started this whole business in the first place. It would have been just Game Development, but we decided to widen its range a bit.

Jul 22, 2011 at 6:38 PM
/end
Lace said:
I don't see why you should have complete control over the modding and hacking community.

It isn't the modding and hacking community, it is just the section. Community =/= section of a forum.

Lace said:
Despite being the clear owner and benevolent dictator of the forums, you must realize that decisions about the modding and hacking community should be made by the modding and hacking community.

Where do you get this sense of entitlement? The section of the forum that the modding and hacking community uses is a privilege, not a right.

Lace said:
Some of the decisions made in this thread deeply affect the modding community, and you do not constitute even a small part of that.

If just a tiny change to the section in which you partake will have some horrible bad effects then that is more of a personal problem than a forum problem. In fact, you're the only one of the "modding and hacking community" who is even speaking so outloud about this. Did the "modding and hacking community" get together and make you their leader or something?

Anyway, before I go too far off into a tangent. If the modding and hacking community is so strong it shouldn't matter what changes happen to the section they post in.

Jul 23, 2011 at 4:16 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Sweet, Andwhy is moving things around right this second, and good call on changing lunch back to lounge!

Jul 23, 2011 at 4:46 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Music (2 Viewing)
Discussion of Cave Story music, remixes and custom/remixed music made with PXTUNE/OrgMaker."

It's PxTone / PXTONE / PXTone..
I don't think PXTUNE is actually a thing.

PiyoPiyo -> .pmd
Organya -> .org
PxTone -> .ptcop / .pttune