E3 2013 - Thoughts?

Jun 17, 2013 at 5:45 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
ElecMaw said:
Game companies have been doing this kind of thing regularly in the past.
If you can find me another example of a console that charges extra for used games, only allows one user per game, forces internet connectivity, forces a poor motion control device THAT NEVER TURNS OFF AND LISTENS TO YOUR CONVERSATIONS, whose developers constantly lie and change up the info about said console, lie about the graphics capabilities of the console, and tell people if they don't like it they can stick with the previous console and shut up, then I will literally buy you a hooker.

Jun 17, 2013 at 6:46 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
Aar said:
Same here, dood.
I'm going to go out here and say that was probably me being a filthy liar.
Then again I don't think anyone can or will resist smash brothers 4.

Goddamnit nintendo WHERE IS MY MAJORA'S MASK HD?!

Jun 17, 2013 at 7:06 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Drunken Applesauce said:
If you can find me another example of a console that charges extra for used games, only allows one user per game, forces internet connectivity, forces a poor motion control device THAT NEVER TURNS OFF AND LISTENS TO YOUR CONVERSATIONS, whose developers constantly lie and change up the info about said console, lie about the graphics capabilities of the console, and tell people if they don't like it they can stick with the previous console and shut up, then I will literally buy you a hooker.
I was more talking about using graphics that won't appear in a game, but is instead made with different hardware for the demo.

Most of the listed things have already happened on the PC. DRM that gives your game limited installs, some that require a forced internet connection(C&C 4: Tiberian Twilight), whilst there isn't crappy motion-control involved what's stopping DRM software to poke their noses where they don't belong and i'm sure devs won't put that on the back of the game casing. It's just that now these malpractises have dripped over to the consoles and it's getting all slightly worrying, and unlike PC there is no easy hacking/modding solution available.

Jun 30, 2013 at 5:19 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"

Kingdom Hearts is practically a religion by now.

Jul 6, 2013 at 9:35 PM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
Polaris said:

Kingdom Hearts is practically a religion by now.
i'm going

in the kitchen

and turning on the dish washer

and climbing inside

In all seriousness, I'm actually sorta excited for this. Even thought Dream Drop Distance was kindof a train wreck in my book, I think this could be good.