Dumbest thing you've done during your first playthrough of cave story?

Jul 1, 2015 at 8:27 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Okay, let's be honest: noone's instantly a pro at cave story. we've all done some dumb shit before. so tell me: what's the dumbest thing you've done when playing cave story for the first time? me? when I first played, I was in the labyrinth and the part with the moving blocks showed up. thing is, I instantly assumed I needed the machine gun's boost to get up there. so I reset my entire game.

Jul 1, 2015 at 8:35 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
BubblerBitch said:
I instantly assumed I needed the machine gun's boost to get up there. so I reset my entire game.
oh haha wow that's dumb but really funny :mahin:

Trying to remember my first playthrough nearly 5 years ago is tough, but I recall having a lot of difficulty with Bushlands, specifically trying to get the charcoal. I was totally stumped trying to find it, even going as far as to put out fires in previous areas of the game just because I didn't know where else to look. It was the only part where I needed a guide, and I must've felt pretty dumb when I realized that it wasn't extremely hidden.

Jul 1, 2015 at 8:35 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The dumbest thing I did when I first played Cave Story, hm? Wow, it's been 2 1/2 years...

I'll have to say the dumbest thing I did was instantly saying "Yes" to Zazuma's question to flee or not and fleeing with him. I swear, I thought he would take me to the final boss, I was wrong. :(

Jul 1, 2015 at 8:41 PM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
i may have said this before, but i died to toroko because i didn't know what to do.
and then when i shot her i was like "OH MY GOD SHES DEAD OOOH NO"

Jul 1, 2015 at 9:05 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I used to think that to get the puppy in the dark room, you NEEDED the machine gun at level 3, or else it was impossible to get out of the area with the sandcroc in that room. I was not aware of the other path until much later...

Jul 1, 2015 at 9:08 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I had no internet when I first played cs I was lucky that I got to dl it on WiiWare cause reasons
anyways yeah, if I had to pick it would have to be I reset the game after the core battle because of the flooded water, I thought I was gonna drown and just didn't know where to go get air :'P so I ended up redoing the core battle like a whole bunch of times until I just didn't reset one time and realized I had to drown all along >,3,<

Jul 1, 2015 at 9:26 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I don't remember a lot of REALLY dumb things that I did. But I do remember that I died to the fake door in the first cave. I was trying to tank hits and kill it as fast as possible, but I was really bad at button mashing at the time. So i wasn't able to kill it fast enough.

Jul 1, 2015 at 9:40 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
This might seem like an obvious answer, but I instantly checked on Professor Booster when I saw him fall.

Wish I was playing on the four endings mod right about then...

Jul 2, 2015 at 1:35 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I achieved every condition to get to Hell, and then I ran past the prefab building and jumped off the island with Sue.

Jul 2, 2015 at 2:52 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
God, I can't remember my first play through, but I remember totally ignoring the fact that King, Toroko and Booster died. I think one other stupid thing I did, was try to get to the room where the Littles live, but messed up and fell off the outer wall.

Jul 2, 2015 at 3:18 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Rubyyoshi said:
God, I can't remember my first play through, but I remember totally ignoring the fact that King, Toroko and Booster died. I think one other stupid thing I did, was try to get to the room where the Littles live, but messed up and fell off the outer wall.
I felt like celebrating the day I managed to not do that during a playthrough. That 1 block hole is difficult to navigate without the 0.8 or the machine gun.

Jul 2, 2015 at 8:04 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Talked to professor booster as soon as he fell, in the Labyrinth.

Jul 3, 2015 at 11:59 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I actually can't remember doing anything terribly silly in my first playthrough. Besides the obvious fact that I played it in like 2011 (:momo:), I knew about the game's best ending and major secrets prior to playing it due to my love of reading and tendency to assume that I'll never get to play games from consoles I don't own.

I do remember spending the majority of a day working on beating the final areas without food, getting up, or doing anything else, though, which was a totally great idea that didn't adversely affect me at all. D:

Jul 3, 2015 at 2:19 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I left curly in the core room and talked to booster after he fell. I had no prior knowledge of the game, so it was to be expected, I guess..

Jul 3, 2015 at 6:44 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Dumb thing #1: Santa's house. I see spikes of Death. I read the sign... But, I just wonder... What if...
So I...

*GAME OVER*

Jul 4, 2015 at 7:26 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I ended up playing through most of the game three times so I could get the good ending... the second time I talked to Booster when he fell down the pit, and then saving, thus causing me to have to play through again... Honestly, though, how are you supposed to know that talking to him will kill him??