Doukutsu Speedrun?

Jul 6, 2009 at 7:49 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Has anyone seen anything like that? I'm not talking about Hell speedrun, but the whole game.

Perhaps someone is interested in trying? I think the game might be beatable in 2hours or so...
There are enough people who played through the game countless times so we could use our knowledge to make the best routes or something, best weapons setups etc.

And of course the speedrun needs to be from Start Point til Sacred Grounds. I think it's funnier this way, but a speedrun until the Undead Core can be good too, i guess...

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:24 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I heard somewhere, from a barely relyable source, that the record for the entire game is around two hours. I think the first thing is to determine which parts to time. I believe we should time the whole thing, along with text, cutscenes and loading times. Someone could
get under two hours for sure.

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:27 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Yeah, that was my plan. To show every text, cutscene etc.
But then comes things like, which weapon is better, which health capsules to get, which missiles to get etc.

I'm really talking about THE SPEEDRUN, the best route etc.

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:39 AM
Spur. Everything else should be fairly obvious. Maybe I am forgetting something, because I am tired. Whoever is doing the speedrun is obviously going to have to know the shortest paths in every map, as well as the minimum requirements for getting into Hell.

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:55 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Chaddykins holds the record for the low% speedrun, here. A segmented any% could probably be under an hour.
Also, screw the Spur, it takes far too long to get and an experienced player can out-damage it with fast shooting. The trade should be the Snake if anything, it's needed for max efficiency in Hell and rocks in general anyways.

Jul 7, 2009 at 7:36 AM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
DoubleThink said:
Chaddykins holds the record for the low% speedrun, here. A segmented any% could probably be under an hour.
Also, screw the Spur, it takes far too long to get and an experienced player can out-damage it with fast shooting. The trade should be the Snake if anything, it's needed for max efficiency in Hell and rocks in general anyways.

FINALLY!
SOMEONE WHO AGREES WITH MY FANATICAL DEVOTION TO THE SNAKE!

Jul 7, 2009 at 7:35 PM
Actually, I take back my Spur suggestion. The Machine Gun would probably be fastest, what with it's flight capabilities. The Snake might also be useful, but there's a limit to the number of fireballs you can have on the screen.

Jul 7, 2009 at 7:36 PM
Didnt know about the Chaddykins run; and yes, I was thinking about picking up the Snake for hell purposes.

and goddamn, 1hour and 17 minutes. I'll watch it right nao.

Jul 15, 2009 at 1:24 AM
Slacker
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
In my experiences, Machine Gun is by a large margin the best weapon to get and saves the most time.

The minimal amount of time you'd save in Hell with the snake is easily countered by how much time you can save by flying through various parts with the machine gun.

Jul 15, 2009 at 5:11 AM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Captain Fabulous said:
Actually, I take back my Spur suggestion. The Machine Gun would probably be fastest, what with it's flight capabilities. The Snake might also be useful, but there's a limit to the number of fireballs you can have on the screen.

MG's useful IF you can keep it leveled.

And the Snake (level 2 or 3), despite being limited to 4 per screen, it's accelleration and strafing make it ideal for the swarms in Hell.

Apr 24, 2010 at 7:10 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello, ,just registered. My Sacred Grounds speed run was IMPOSSIBLY (maybe it is): 1'58''3. Shameful bragging, but it's true.

Apr 24, 2010 at 7:12 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Really? I went at it on 3 HP too! Time was 1'58"3

Apr 24, 2010 at 7:19 AM
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
pics or it didnt happen

Apr 24, 2010 at 7:38 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Vercci said:
pics or it didnt happen

More like vid or it didn't happen.

The fastest confirmed time to date is like 2'17 or something, with full hp. This guy is obviously full of it.

Only thing that might speed it up is if it's on the wii (faster frame rate). With 3 hp though, it's pretty much impossible to get under 2 min, let alone 3 I think.

Apr 24, 2010 at 5:38 PM
Wii increased framerate would also increase how fast the timer goes up, soooo...

Apr 24, 2010 at 5:44 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
I think that would have been fixed, I hope.

Either way, it's impossible to do so.

Apr 24, 2010 at 5:51 PM
No, not impossible, just difficult.

Apr 24, 2010 at 6:09 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
It's impossible to do hell it under two minutes with 3HP, even at 120% speed.

Apr 24, 2010 at 6:16 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Lace said:
No, not impossible, just difficult.

I can see him getting that time on the wii if he was godly and had full hp.

Without full hp, I can't since the original record for 3hp (and min items) is like 3 min or something right?

Apr 24, 2010 at 6:56 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Can some of u more advanced modders determine approximately the max. possibile speedrun? Like from the dimensions of the map, the speed of the booster, the bullet/sec. of the optimal weapon, boss health...

I can`t do that but I`m curious.