Donald Trump Has Won The Presidential Election

Nov 10, 2016 at 1:14 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I haven't seen a thread for this, so I decided I'd make one.

Donald J. Trump has defeated Hillary Clinton in the presidential election, and is to be the 45th President of the United States.

Thoughts?

Nov 10, 2016 at 1:33 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
My life is now complete

Nov 10, 2016 at 1:50 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Very glad to hear the news! It's good to know America will be in the hands of a smart, strong businessman like Donald Trump, instead of a criminal like Crooked Hillary. Congratulations, Mr. Trump! I look forward to seeing him bring us a safer, stronger, and greater America.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2016 at 1:52 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Mildly worried in a way, even though Trump can't really affect America too much- I've got a few concerns:
Me and my family do happen to be running on Obamacare as we've got a severe lack of money- I can barely afford a good meal and have to resort to frozen food and hot pockets. I also am hoping that he doesn't effectively start up anti-gay measures as I- Myself- Am pansexual and Have plans for Hormone Therapy. I'm seeing the effects take place already as many, many of my friends in real life are planning to immigrate to Canada, while I can't even bare the money to drive over to another state. Many students were absent from school today, I'm talking about a third of the entire student body simply not showing up, and atleast a few students being sent home due to mental breakdowns, I nearly had one infact, though, I had to face the reality that I was going nowhere. I may be overreacting, but I'm praying that I'm able to make it through the mental pressure this is putting on me.

Nov 10, 2016 at 2:12 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Gotta say it was one hell of an upset, and I can't believe we're in this situation discussing this right now. All the more props to him for making it happen, I suppose. That's democracy at work.

Honestly, I'm a mix of excited and uncertain. Full disclaimer: I didn't vote for Trump, he was the last person I would have voted for on the ballot, but I do want to see if he can do good for this country. His fiscal policies seem like a mixed bag to a lot of people, especially given his impulsive tendencies. But if he can do anything right during his term, I feel like driving the economy upwards may be one of his stronger prospects (even if it is at the expense of our already crippling deficit :(). In addition, the whole aspect of an anti-establishment candidate winning the presidency and vowing to make real changes to the system is promising. However, my optimism dwindles past those points. Social policies are a big one for me. He's super conservative on that front, and as Hax said, he may undo all of the work of the previous administration in regards to LGBT rights and such. And, of course, nominating a presumably far right Justice to the Supreme Court goes hand in hand with that. Finally, he seems dead set on dismantling all of the progress that Obama made with suppressing global warming. That in particular is what upsets me the most about a President Trump.

Regardless of all the fear, I am hopeful for our country's future. Let's give him a chance before we start moving to Canada, yeah?

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2016 at 2:49 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Very glad to hear the news! It's good to know America will be in the hands of a smart, strong businessman like Donald Trump, instead of a criminal like Crooked Hillary. Congratulations, Mr. Trump! I look forward to seeing him bring us a safer, stronger, and greater America.
I love you

Nov 10, 2016 at 2:59 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
i'm the only person i know that unironically supports trump

personally i'm glad we didn't get that crooked snake in office but what do i know i'm a privileged white (not) straight teenage (not) male

Nov 10, 2016 at 3:04 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Nov 10, 2016 at 3:06 AM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"

I vehemently disagree with everything you stand for. Trump's win and the conservative majority means the end of:
  • 100 years of liberal progress down the drain; women will lose the right to use birth control, gay people won't be able to marry anymore and may even be openly discriminated against if the Republicans pass the First Amendment Defense Act, which would make it legal to discriminate against people on the basis of religion.
  • Net Neutrality will be gone. That means ISPs can charge both you and websites like Netflix for faster speeds and better performance. The internet that you pay for will be limited even further, requiring you to pay more and more for internet access. Additionally, certain privacy laws under NN will disappear, meaning ISPs can monitor what you do and advertise to you without your consent.
  • Foreign relations will suffer. NATO will collapse as Mexico will probably leave it.
  • Consumer rights protection will take a major blow. Trump wants to lessen the regulations that keep companies from taking advantage of consumers. If his plans for consumer protection go through, then companies will be able to get away with selling things like faulty or dangerous products. You know the organization that handles recalls and makes sure that you or the people around you won't die from a faulty or dangerous product? He wants to basically completely strip them of their power.
  • Environmental laws will be abolished. That means that when we're all in our forties and fifties, the price of gas and oil is going to be upwards of $40 a gallon (if current estimates hold up). That also means that we'll probably never get the space age started up again, and we'll all die here on this planet from overcrowding, loss of natural resources, or massive cataclysm like an asteroid impact or Yellowstone eruption.
Hillary might have been a criminal, but prepare yourself for a real long fall back into the dark ages. This is the worst thing I could've pictured for America. Trump will do a grand total of two things right:
  • Repealing Obamacare's mandate and organizing a financing program for health insurance. Not the ideal health insurance option, but for families that can't afford premiums added on to their existing budgets it'll be a sigh of relief. And those benefiting from Obamacare can still gain benefits from Trump's new plan.
  • Reducing trade with China and increasing American manufacturing. When we're all broke from his other pro-corporate policies we'll at least have manual labor to fall back on.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2016 at 3:33 AM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
mean!!!!!

Yeah I'll probably get a warning point for it so I'll remove it... but I still very much mean it. This election is worse for America than Palpatine was for the Jedi Order (imagine a less orange version of Trump with magical powers and you've got Palpatine).

Nov 10, 2016 at 3:40 AM
"Huzzah!"
mean!!!!!
It's nothing on what Trump's said, although harsh rhetoric between sides has certainly been a large contribution to the divisiveness of the US right now.

I was absolutely shocked to my core when I woke up and saw the results. The fact that America elected a man with absolutely no political experience who has revealed pretty much nothing of what he actually plans to do to change the country was appalling for me. Granted he has lots of economic experience but he's never applied it in any level of office, meaning he's going into the Oval Office with his only experience being related to economics and not even as it applies to government.

I think there's something important to be learned from this election, and I heard it very well last year from a speaker who came to my school. He said that people need to care about the problems that others face (in terms of rights, how laws affect them, etc.) instead disregarding them because it doesn't apply to them. A minority group of people fighting for their rights is unlikely to gain them unless part of the majority group that already has the rights and who makes the political decisions actively fights for everyone to have the rights. Voting for Trump supports xenophobia, sexism, homophobia, racism, among numerous other opinions possessed by white supremacists. It doesn't matter what reasons someone had when they voted for Trump (whether it be economics or national security or his Middle East plans, or anything else) because a vote for Trump pushes back all the progress we've made on social reforms, and sets back the progress we could have made in four or eight years under Clinton. It'll probably take at least a couple of Democratic Presidents to get to the liberal social reforms we need now.

I'm a white, male, upper-middle class citizen, and reading about the potential social setbacks we could have under a Trump administration shocks me to my core. It's appalling. I cannot believe that anybody would agree with the things he wants, when the things he wants sometimes go against human rights.

A President is a package deal and voting for them because of any of their policies is the same as a vote because of all of their policies.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2016 at 4:45 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I’ve done a good job of beating back the rage, with one ignore as the only casualty. And as the day has gone on my heart's settled down. Now I just feel what I usually try to when it comes to these things: on a familial level, on a community level, on a national level, we’ll get through this. One way or another. Who knows, there might even be some good squeezed out of the situation - we’ll simply have to wait and be mindful.

Nov 10, 2016 at 4:56 AM
How did Trump get in office, then?
well, he won the election. along with some other stuff, i guess. i'm not huge into politics.

Nov 10, 2016 at 1:55 PM
Honestly I could go on about why the racism and the treatment of woman bothers me but I think it's really obvious at this point that it has been talked about to no end so I'm not gonna talk too deep into that because my views on that are mostly the same as anyone.

The one thing that bugs me about Trump most of all is his overall way of trying to "rebuttal" comments towards him. He never does anything to actually deny the things he has been accused of because he has nothing to defend himself with because most of the shit he's accused of is true. All he does is act like a baby and throw back the same insult in the other person's face. It's the equivalent to two 5 year olds fighting. And I'm not specifically talking about Clinton and Trump's feud either I'm saying he does this dumbass shit with EVERYONE who insults him. If he would be the bigger man every once in a while and admit he was wrong (and I'm not talking about that bullshit where he apologized for those tapes at the election, he fucking made some shitty excuse for it about 'Locker Room Talk' what does that even mean?) I maybe could tolerate him as a president.

Honestly, I like the fact Trump has so much confidence but he always focuses that confidence on his fucking ego and that's the exact same reason I hate so many god damn people who used to be a part of my life. That shit genuinely pisses me off. And I know that's a very personal reason and a very specific thing to hate about him but I can't believe I have to put up with listening to this big mouthed asshole for 4 years.

And I'm not trying to say if you voted Trump you're a bad person, I just personally think he's a dick.

Sorry, I know I'm getting mad but my God, if his attitude stays like this we are screwed.

EDIT : This entire rant is the reason you shouldn't let me on the computer at 8 in the morning

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2016 at 3:53 PM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Guess it's time to start hoarding Popcorn, because the next four years are (maybe) gonna be a huge shit show.

Nov 10, 2016 at 8:45 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
pessimism
noun
the tendency to see, anticipate, or emphasize only bad or undesirable outcomes, results, conditions, problems, etc.:
"His pessimism about the future of our country depresses me."
the doctrine that the existing world is the worst of all possible worlds,or that all things naturally tend to evil.
the belief that the evil and pain in the world are not compensated for by goodness and happiness.
^There's way too much of that these days... Sure there is plenty of those who have valid criticism for one reason or another, but man, the comments on some sites are just... random and illogically pessimistic.

Say what you will about him and his own pessimistic tactics, but I really think he wants to make the US as successful as possible.
This article with quotes from that book he had a hand in does a pretty good job at describing him for better and for worse:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...welve-tips-for-lifelong-success-a6879286.html
Of course that's back from 1987, so take it with some salt.

As for his policies... He was aligned with the democrats not that long ago. He's not your typical republican or conservative. And he's been in the left's media machine for a while. He does have his plan for the first 100 days which I think he'll stick to for the most part. But beyond that, people should be using this chance to get together and organizing their plans and voices. If there is a particular agenda that you feel strongly about, it seems like now is the time to get involved in politics, rather than shut down and sulk, rebel or run away. With the stars aligning for republicans it just seems like a unique time to get involved in this stuff... for either side since so many people are paying attention more than they were.

Anyway... I just think this presidency will be willing to listen to anyone that has a good plan for the future. You just have to be willing to go beyond feeling helpless, and instead desire to start something, work with others, and stick with it; always looking for a better plan and keep evolving while staying true to your core principles or agenda.

Perhaps nothing has changed for you, or maybe it has... but if you have changed, then that's where it starts.
I mean if Trump can become president, then anything is possible D: ;)

(I know I'm missing a lot of details to make a convincing argument, but hopefully you get the spirit of the message.)

@EveryoneNOTintheUSA
Sorry you have to deal with this craziness!

Nov 10, 2016 at 11:06 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I'm not sure if it's just because this election, but is this really what happens to forums after every election, people spatting their opinions (respectable and fair opinions of course), or is this just this election?