Disney Movies

Jan 18, 2017 at 3:55 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
what are your favorite Disney movies? mine are Aladdin and The Jungle Book. both have really nice animation and music, as well as really fun characters. I also really like Tangled and Mulan, which had really nice characters and stories.

Jan 18, 2017 at 4:13 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
There's a number of Disney movies that I really like to watch, though I still watch like a lot of them and they're alright. There's two lists of some of my favorites here, and I'm using two lists because Pixar itself is like Disney within Disney, imo.
Aladdin
Wreck-It Ralph
The Jungle Book (2016)
Pirates of the Caribbean
Zootopia
Alice in Wonderland (1951)
Mary Poppins
Meet the Robinsons
The Lion King
The Emperor's New Groove
Toy Story (1, 2, and 3)
Monsters Inc.
The Incredibles
Ratatouille
Up
Inside Out

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2017 at 4:14 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
I'd have to say Digimon Tamers: Runaway Locomon because I think that Disney owned the rights to the digimon dub at that time. The more you know.

Jan 18, 2017 at 4:25 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'd have to say Digimon Tamers: Runaway Locomon because I think that Disney owned the rights to the digimon dub at that time. The more you know.
this could be true but by that logic my favorite Disney movie is The Force Awakens, followed by Guardians of the Galaxy
in other words that doesn't count

Jan 18, 2017 at 4:29 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
this could be true but by that logic my favorite Disney movie is The Force Awakens, followed by Guardians of the Galaxy
in other words that doesn't count
Eh. I still count it as a Disney film. If you wanna talk actual Disney, I'd have to say Aladdin. Is The Emperor's New Groove a Disney movie? If so, that's also one of my favorites

Jan 18, 2017 at 4:30 AM
War criminal
Damn it, I forgot to add The Emperor's New Groove to my list. Time to make an edit.

Jan 18, 2017 at 9:36 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
My favourite Disney movie is Pocahontas. Mostly because I really love the soundtrack and bought the extensive two-disc version of it, but I also like the animation and how well it flows. I can understand that it's not a very well received Disney film because it was only very loosely based on a true story and not completely based on it, but it's not like the movie tried to present itself as a real historical piece anyway (nor should Disney films be taken as historical material, imo). Other close favourites are Mulan and yeah, I could put Tangled up there too. Oliver & Company and Princess & the Frog are two of my favourite Disney soundtracks alone. "Bedtime Story" from Oliver & Company is one of the best movie instrumentals I've ever heard.

Pixar wise...Finding Nemo and WALL-E have a special place in my heart. I wasn't a huge fan of the live action movies, but I remember enjoying the live action Jungle Book remake. Maybe because I haven't fully seen the animated version yet.

Do Disney Studio Ghibli films count as well? Granted, I've only seen three of them (Ponyo, Secret World of Arrietty and From Up on Poppy Hill), but I've really enjoyed watching all of them.

Jan 18, 2017 at 12:54 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Disney+Pixar (animated films only):
Emperor's New Groove
Lilo and Stitch
Brother Bear
Lion King
Zootopia
Wreck-it Ralph
Fantasia
Bolt
Big Hero 6
WALL-E

Granted these are not all of my favourites, but rather the movies that have the highest rewatchability for me.

but I remember enjoying the live action Jungle Book remake. Maybe because I haven't fully seen the animated version yet.
The recent live action remake is the better story in my opinion.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2017 at 5:44 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Mars Needs Moms is a Disney cinematic masterpiece.
Though I also love The Iron Giant, has some of the best Disney animation and humor.

Jan 19, 2017 at 2:48 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Mars Needs Moms is a Disney cinematic masterpiece.
Though I also love The Iron Giant, has some of the best Disney animation and humor.
the iron giant is not a disney movie

Jan 19, 2017 at 2:57 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Jan 21, 2017 at 4:50 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I'm only considering movies that were produced by Disney and not an acquired company.

Looking at all of the movies... there are so many good ones. The Aristocats, 101 Dalmations, Hercules... but to be perfectly honest I think my favorite is a tie between Mulan and the Emperor's New Groove. Mulan because the story is powerful and beautiful, and the Emperor's New Groove for it's amazing and funny characters and excellent sense of humor.

EDIT:
Oh shoot but Finding Nemo... I almost forgot about that. To be honest I think that's my favorite movie, the soundtrack combined with the animation style and on-point voice acting is probably what makes that movie the best. The animation is phenomenal as well.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2017 at 8:32 PM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
I have no idea why, but when I was really young I remember watching Mulan 2 and Chicken Little at least once a week each.
But for actual good movies, Beauty & The Beast and Lilo & Stitch stand out for me.

Jan 22, 2017 at 9:07 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I'd say my favorite Disney film is Fantasia. I love the colors, the atmosphere, the SCORE, It's a music and artistic marvel who's scope of imagination just felt exhilarating! Despite it being a financial failure when it came out it deserves the praise it gets.
(I had way too much fun with the color option)

Last edited: