CSTSF Boss Music Competition

Which of the two Finalists do you think should win?

• "Bridge Demon" by Safusaka

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • "Catastrophe" by TheVinylCheese

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
Jul 6, 2015 at 3:48 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm not sure how this got messed up, but it won't let me vote in part 2 now.

Jul 6, 2015 at 7:14 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
What is the point of only eliminating the entries with no votes? It would make more sense to me to narrow it down to Catastrophe and bridge demon, because theoretically, if everyone who voted in part 1 votes again, the results would come out exactly the same.

Jul 7, 2015 at 5:09 AM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
I'm not sure how this got messed up, but it won't let me vote in part 2 now.

You have to "Delete" your vote and then revote. The poll thing is being poopy, I tried deleting the first poll just to fix it. Maybe I'll just try resetting it...

Tpcool said:
What is the point of only eliminating the entries with no votes? It would make more sense to me to narrow it down to Catastrophe and bridge demon, because theoretically, if everyone who voted in part 1 votes again, the results would come out exactly the same.
That's what I was thinking, but I thought people might get annoyed. I'll do that.

Jul 7, 2015 at 5:28 AM
"Huzzah!"
Well, we have more space in the KWDNGVACC for the two (or three) people who just got rejected hard.

Jul 7, 2015 at 5:39 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
The KWDNGVACC is a thing that's always in some shape or form in these contests. I'm not sure if I'm beating a dead horse here, but I must say Catastrophe did an excellent job keeping the pace of itself and the melody is well done during the middle of the song, the building up of the beginning is nice and really makes the climax awesome. Bridge Demon is also a great song, I like the very beginning how it's just a few notes and then it explodes into something amazing and catchy. I like the middle where the beat picks up again and gives it a very exploding-battle-ly feel (If that makes any sense). It was a close call for me, but Bridge Demon takes the cake. I just like the first notes used in the song and the ways that it's reconstructed throughout the song.

Jul 8, 2015 at 2:35 AM
Jpzarde said:
Well, we have more space in the KWDNGVACC for the two (or three) people who just got rejected hard.
What is the KWDNGVACC?

Jul 8, 2015 at 2:37 AM
"Huzzah!"
SuperJaws100 said:
What is the KWDNGVACC?
Jpzarde said:
Welp, part one of voting is over now I suppose.

Looks like we're narrowed down to...
Catastrophe, by TheVinylCheese
Egnellahc anif, by Takeshi64
Little Laughter Boss, by Random-storykeeper
and Bridge Demon, by Safusaka (oh shoot boys I used capitals this time)
Gentlemen, I present to you the elite four, the best boss song makers the CSTSF has to offer, as decided by thirteen people. If prizes were up to me, I'd say they could look forward to a variety of spoils, such as a gold medal, a silver medal, a bronze medal, and whatever is considered a fourth place medal.
However, there can only be one. Next period of voting will no doubt see a few more eliminations. Don't worry though, you all made it this far! Some of us didn't even get one vote (not that we didn't deserve some), so good on you for getting this far.
Good luck to you four...
...and to those who did not get any votes, meet me behind Kanpachi's house late tomorrow evening, I'm hosting the first official meeting of the "Kids Who Did Not Get Votes Are Cool Club", (or KWDNGVACC for short).
You'll want to uncover the spoiler in my post, that's what the KWDNGVACC is.

Jul 8, 2015 at 2:53 AM
Ah, I usually skim posts, so that's how I missed it.

I will say, I am impressed with the work that was submitted, all of it. You've all done a splendid job. I think there was just one or two people who were just very slightly better, and they've been here for a while.

Jul 11, 2015 at 3:39 PM
Well, it's the end of the week, the votes are in, and it looks like our winner is...

TheVinylCheese, with his ORG "Catastrophe"! Congratulations! You won a thing! (No-thing, that is).

Jul 11, 2015 at 4:03 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Congratulations Vinyl, you've earned it! Safu's song was great too, so I'm glad both were pretty much neck-and-neck the entire way through.

And once again, good job to everyone who entered. I still think that every person's entry has at least some redeeming value, so even though part 1 of the voting looked kinda skewed, I like all of them. The fact that I managed to get 1 vote (in the final moments of voting, no less) makes me very happy, so thank you to those who liked my contribution and those who commented on it :mrgreen:

Even though I really liked Catastrophe and bridge demon, I also really wanted to vote for Fear Pulse, so good work on that song Jpzarde. :mahin:

Jul 11, 2015 at 8:18 PM
"Huzzah!"

Congratulations to Vinyl! It is a privilege to participate in a contest with such talented people. Many thanks to SuperJaws for being a good host, the rest of my fellow contestants for submitting great songs, and anyone who may have happened to listen to those songs! Much love <3

hate9 and tpcool are my senpais now, notice me

Jul 12, 2015 at 6:14 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
So, what happens now? If the contest is over, do we all just go back to our regular lives on the CSTSF now?

Jul 12, 2015 at 2:58 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Thank ye all for this nothing I have received. This was a fun little competition and I wouldn't mind doing another sometime in the future.

Jul 12, 2015 at 4:46 PM
ColdCallerloppy said:
So, what happens now? If the contest is over, do we all just go back to our regular lives on the CSTSF now?
Hmmm... well, I could do a sort of bi-monthly ORG contest, with the prize being a feature on my signature and bragging rights. Or I could make a little forum signature for the winner. (I may do that).

If you're all down for that that'd be cool.

Jul 15, 2015 at 5:25 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
I want to add that it was really great to see this happen. It's easy to scoff about lack of quality and the community rarely producing anything, but I honestly don't think I've seen a better blend of talent, knowledge and motivation than what we have on the forums right now. The future remains luminous :debug:

Jul 15, 2015 at 5:59 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
also I'd like to point out that we've finished like TWO whole contests recently (shutupwe'lljudgeeventually)
this compared to the only other contest I've seen, The Island (will the victor ever get that jerky?)

Jul 16, 2015 at 7:36 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
If there's another ORG contest, I have a theme suggestion: Calm/Spacey (not Kevin)
Songs like Moonsong or my Exosphere (shameless self-promotion) are the kind of feel I'm talking about.

Jul 18, 2015 at 3:11 AM
I already had another contest in mind. Everyone picks a character from Cave Story and (without remixes) makes a new theme for them.

Jul 18, 2015 at 5:30 AM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
SuperJaws100 said:
I already had another contest in mind. Everyone picks a character from Cave Story and (without remixes) makes a new theme for them.
And I've just begun work on a submission.
Screw actually waiting for a thread, it's a good excuse for me to get off my ass and do something.

Jul 18, 2015 at 2:44 PM
hate9 said:
And I've just begun work on a submission.
Screw actually waiting for a thread, it's a good excuse for me to get off my ass and do something.
Currently I'm working on a very large project involving replacing or remixing all the songs in Cave Story. Trust me, it's taken a LONG time trying to find the right songs to transcript, and I'm in the home stretch. But perhaps I'll start that thread when I get back from my stay at UVA next week.