CS T-Shirt Contest!

Mar 14, 2011 at 3:15 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
So I'm getting a lot of money for my birthday, and I decided I wanted to buy a Cave Story T-Shirt of some sort. So, I need to know if I should use a T-shirt creator, or buy it off of a website. The trouble is, I really need to find a reliable website, so if you could reccomend me a site, that'd be great... Plus, if I use a T-shirt creator, I need to know if I can use default Cave Story sprites or if that would cause legal issues and I had to use Fanart of some sort...

Anyways, I have a surplus of money and I thought it would be cool if I could hold a contest giving away a free T-shirt to whoever wins. I just have one problem: I don't know what kind of contest to hold. So, suggestions would be nice. Also, when I choose a website for the T-shirt, I have no idea if it will be able to ship outside of North America.

Sorry for all of the questions, but hopefully we'll be able to figure this out :)

Mar 14, 2011 at 3:30 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Winner

Yeah... Not sure if this is gonna work...
Pixel/Nicalis had a thing about the other Cave Story T-shirts that were around when the Cave Story remake was being done...
Basically, they all got taken down, and only some approved ones put back in their place.
That included websites where you created your own T-shirts and such... {Even took down the seperate Quote and Curly Buttons}
Though, that does make my shirt nearly one-of-a-kind...

Mar 14, 2011 at 4:26 AM
Been here way too long...
Re: Winner

Fuck the police.
If Nicalis isn't going to sell T-shirts, we'll find our own source of consumerism. The man can't keep us from selling out to the man!

Mar 14, 2011 at 5:17 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

me too. im tired of waiting for my freaking Doukutsu merchandise! i want NOW.

Mar 14, 2011 at 4:13 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator

Aww darn! Mabye one day, Nicalis...

Mar 14, 2011 at 5:23 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
cave story wet t-shirt contest..?
Misery, Momorin, Jenka... :)

Mar 14, 2011 at 7:57 PM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
We want doukutsu merchandise.We want Doukutsu merchandise.

nosotros queremos mercancias de doukutsu.nosotros queremos mercancias de Doukutsu.

english meaning: nosotros: we queremos: want mercancias: merchandise de: of

From now on the spanish meaning and sentence will be wrapped in spoiler tags (thanks noxid).

Mar 15, 2011 at 1:13 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Marx said:
We want doukutsu merchandise.We want Doukutsu merchandise.

nosotros queremos mercancias de doukutsu.nosotros queremos mercancias de Doukutsu.

english meaning: nosotros: we queremos: want mercancias: merchandise de: of

From now on the spanish meaning and sentence will be wrapped in spoiler tags (thanks noxid).
Why Spanish?

Apr 5, 2011 at 5:51 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Personally, I want a Pooh Black shirt.

Apr 5, 2011 at 6:53 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
If you changed the name of this thread to "CS Wet T-Shirt Contest!" you'd get a lot more traffic.

Apr 5, 2011 at 8:32 PM
Member Title
Well I think that if you use a T-Shirt maker, no random person on the street will say "that is copyright infringement of Nicalis, copyright 2011!" and take it from you-- it just wouldn't happen. However (and I know you know this from the previous posts) that CS shirts haven't been made by D.A. or Nicalis, and others have been taken down.

However, if you DO make some shirts... and you HAPPEN to make more than one... maybe we could work something out... ^^

Apr 5, 2011 at 8:46 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
cultr1 said:
If you changed the name of this thread to "CS Wet T-Shirt Contest!" you'd get a lot more traffic.

Or "Wet Chassis Contest" for Curly

(lolfuturama)

Apr 5, 2011 at 8:48 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
cultr1 said:
I would totally allow a Mod or Admin to change it, but that would defeat the original purpose of the thread. o_o

Cave Story said:
Well I think that if you use a T-Shirt maker, no random person on the street will say "that is copyright infringement of Nicalis, copyright 2011!" and take it from you-- it just wouldn't happen. However (and I know you know this from the previous posts) that CS shirts haven't been made by D.A. or Nicalis, and others have been taken down.

However, if you DO make some shirts... and you HAPPEN to make more than one... maybe we could work something out... ^^
Yeah, I remember Voyce trying to get me one, but he says they are usually only available in bundles of 500 or so.
...since im only gonna make you one its TOTALLY legal.
Words of a wise man. ^^

Apr 5, 2011 at 9:10 PM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
AkitoKitty said:
Why Spanish?

trickybilly wants to learn spanish.

trickybilly quiere aprender espanol.

Apr 5, 2011 at 11:51 PM
meep
T-shirt transfers are also an option, I'm not sure how well they work though.

Apr 6, 2011 at 12:00 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I've used these things that you can buy, special iron-on paper that works with a standard inkjet printer. It works, but they tend to wear away if machine-washed, and you have to be very careful when ironing them on or else it just won't turn out (recommend doing some practice ones on throwaway shirts before ruining something good)

Apr 9, 2011 at 4:02 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
There is some way to make custom T shirts easily. My poor relatives tryied to make money making custom T shirts. And they barely have the intelligence to use a mobile phone tbh. It was some material they used and ironed on the shirt. Maybe the same thing Noxid posted.

Apr 26, 2011 at 6:11 AM
Slacker
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
This reminds me of some cave story shirts I have...

DSCN0176.jpg

This shirt was given to me by a friend. He used an iron on type of thing..

It got washed and the pictures was kinda destroyed so I don't wear it anymore.

DSCN0167.jpg

I used a t-shirt maker site for this one..though I don't remember the name of it now. May have been shirtmagic..? Dunno though.

This is the back of that shirt.

DSCN0168.jpg

I liked this shirt a bit but it was kind of like my first shirt with the material being on top of the shirt so to speak. When I washed it, part of the shirt deteriorated a bit so I ended up not wearing it as much because I didn't want to destroy it eventually.

DSCN0170.jpg

I used another shirt maker for this one called designashirt. This one is by far my favorite. Washing it was pretty much safe (especially if you use a gentle wash and wash it alone. Pretty much would not deteriorate) but I made the mistake of washing it with colored clothes so it turned some wierd pinkish color >_> also the material (the pictures) were "in" the shirt so to speak. None of the iron on feel crap.

Please ignore the wrinkles >_>

Here's the back.

DSCN0171.jpg

designashirt's shirt making process is weird but they do good work imo.

Many of you will probably recognize the fan-art I used for this :x

Apr 26, 2011 at 6:53 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Oh my god want