Connection between Midorins and Drolls?

Dec 29, 2010 at 3:23 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
hmm. Strange. No idea. Maybe the Red Demon was one of The Doctor's experiments? Which explains its location...

Dec 30, 2010 at 1:00 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Shadow Major said:
Come to think of it, if the Red Demon used to be a Droll that was fed =Red Flowers=, then why does it turn into a clay figure statue after you beat it? Shouldn't it transform back into a Droll or Midorin like Igor and Frenzied Toroko turn into their original forms after you beat them?

Hmm, it's probably because Drolls are 'Of the Earth' therefore their original state is the earth, and since clay is earth, the Red Demon reverted back to clay because --- see where I'm going with this?

Dec 30, 2010 at 6:31 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
CurlyBrace said:
Hmm, it's probably because Drolls are 'Of the Earth' therefore their original state is the earth, and since clay is earth, the Red Demon reverted back to clay because --- see where I'm going with this?

Yeah, yeah, I get your point. And he must be related to Drolls in some way because he kinda throws similar-looking projectiles at you.

Dec 30, 2010 at 4:18 PM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
And the fact that he looks almost exactly like them. Also, Mesas kinda look like drolls, they have the same base, I believe.

Jan 3, 2011 at 8:55 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Well, in my opinion, I don't believe that Drolls are "evolved" forms of Midorins, because Midorins are more plant-like, as it says "Photosynthetic warrior" or something like that. Drolls are made of clay, (I think) of the earth, and so therefore are not plant-like in any way.

Jan 4, 2011 at 1:14 AM
Shadow Major said:
Well, in my opinion, I don't believe that Drolls are "evolved" forms of Midorins, because Midorins are more plant-like, as it says "Photosynthetic warrior" or something like that. Drolls are made of clay, (I think) of the earth, and so therefore are not plant-like in any way.

Hmm, good point. Maybe they're just closely related then.

Jan 4, 2011 at 1:26 AM
To be fair, guys, we don't have an exact timeline for 'when' The Red Demon was created. All we know was that it fed on Mimigas untill Arthur killed it. And it presumably stayed in it's 'dead' state, and the doctor decided 'oh hey let's revive and stick this thing in the protaginst's way'.

It could have been made by the Kings that came before Date.

Jan 4, 2011 at 1:31 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Arthur didn't necessarily kill it, it merely says he fought it off.

Jan 4, 2011 at 6:08 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
Is it necessarily the case that the "red monster" that Arthur fought is the Red Demon?

Or is this drawn from "True heroes encounter the Red Demon"/"Here sleeps the noble Arthur, true hero to the Mimigas"?

Jan 4, 2011 at 1:00 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
If he had a hard time beating the Red Demon then I'm seriously doubting Arthur's capabilities.

Jan 4, 2011 at 2:45 PM
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
His non explodium shell does mean he isn't able to help himself to health containers. He would have been doing a 3 hp run from birth.

Jan 4, 2011 at 3:46 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Shadow Major said:

It only says "of the earth," not necessarily meaning "made of earth."
This can mean they are plants, look at Numahachi, the statue carver.
p114422-0-naonumahachi.gif
p114422-1-droll.gif

He has sprouts growing out of his head.
I'm certain he is an older Droll, around before the doctor started cultivating Midorins and Drolls.
If he is, then it proves that they are plant-like.
Also, the statue carver's skin is dark brown over the Droll's light brown, like wood aging.

I would like to point out it is more than likely that the Red Demon has little to no connection to Drolls, he could simply be a resprite with slightly altered code, like Balrog and Pooh Black.

Jan 6, 2011 at 5:52 AM
Well, not to get off topic but I think there actually is a connection between Balrog and Pooh Black ^^

Well, I guess that's a valid point.
Maybe the Red Demon's a different species of Droll. Or maybe his genetic structure went all crazy when exposed to red flowers/whatever made him red.

And Numachi being a super-old Droll makes sense, since they have the exact same clothing.

Jan 6, 2011 at 9:15 AM
What if... by "of the earth", it means these Drolls grew out of the earth, instead of this stuff about them being made out of clay 'n' stuff...
By grew, I mean grew like a tree. So maybe Midorins and Drolls are related in some way.

Jan 7, 2011 at 12:48 AM
That makes sense ... which brings up the whole 'evolution' thing all over again.

I don't think that Numachi/Red Demon/Drolls/Midorins all had the same face for nothing. They also all live in the general area -- both the Passage? and the Last Cave are only a doorway away from the Plantation.

Jan 7, 2011 at 8:01 AM
CurlyBrace said:
That makes sense ... which brings up the whole 'evolution' thing all over again.

I don't think that Numachi/Red Demon/Drolls/Midorins all had the same face for nothing. They also all live in the general area -- both the Passage? and the Last Cave are only a doorway away from the Plantation.

If the Red Demon was, as people have pointed out, a Droll frenzied by the Red Flowers, then why is it called a demon? Why not the Red Droll, or Frenzied Droll? Or perhaps Red Demon is more appealing...

Jan 7, 2011 at 11:50 AM
"..."
Shadow Major said:
If the Red Demon was, as people have pointed out, a Droll frenzied by the Red Flowers, then why is it called a demon? Why not the Red Droll, or Frenzied Droll? Or perhaps Red Demon is more appealing...

Red Flowers shouldn't work on Drolls anyway - we know they don't affect humans, and humans seem a lot more similar to mimigas (same class (Mammalia)) than drolls (possibly not even in Kingdom Animalia).

Jan 8, 2011 at 6:49 PM
magic9mushroom said:
Red Flowers shouldn't work on Drolls anyway - we know they don't affect humans, and humans seem a lot more similar to mimigas (same class (Mammalia)) than drolls (possibly not even in Kingdom Animalia).

Wow, I didn't even think of that.

I have two possible theories to that, though ...
1. Miakid experimented attempting to make the red crystal before, and tried it out on the droll.
2. Maybe the red flowers affect other creatures on the island too, but not humans since they originate from the surface.

Jan 11, 2011 at 7:20 AM
How is the Red Crystal supposed to affect things anyway? I know the red flowers are consumed, but the Red Crystal... does it have to be consumed as well??

Jan 11, 2011 at 7:28 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Well, yeah, Red Crystal is concentrated Red Flowers, and they both get their power from an external source i.e. the Core.