Community Project

Oct 20, 2007 at 6:39 AM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Why not open a new thread for the jobs and let this be the discussion thread, with sharing recourses? :p

Gyro said:
This job hierarchy is designed for hacking the Cave Story exe. I thought this was going to be a ground-up(comparatively) project?

I'm confused. :D

We don't need any programming sorry, this was meant as a mod project and no, mapping is not hacking the exe, also not scripting, spriting and organisation :D

And hacking is not programming, hacking is hacking you crazy people! ;P

Oct 20, 2007 at 7:44 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
But first, we need to plan a BASIC story, so we can actually come up with the name of the mod (I actually thought this was gonna be a game)

Oct 20, 2007 at 8:21 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
S. P. Gardebiter said:
We don't need any programming sorry, this was meant as a mod project and no, mapping is not hacking the exe, also not scripting, spriting and organisation :p

It seems that some of the members of this project want a project written with a different engine made to be similar to Cave Story, and some want a mod.

I think we should vote on it.

EDIT: Ooh, I need to try this: http://www.rtsoft.com/novashell/

Oct 20, 2007 at 8:38 AM
Hoxtilicious
I don't be leader then, because I'm not the person for programming, well maybe assembler and making a DOS game would be the only thing, I think could do :p

But at this point I'm a hacker not a programmer. Also this project was meant as a mod project. If you want a different then open a new thread for it, because if people want me as a leader this is going to be a mod/hack. :D

Oct 20, 2007 at 8:56 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
S. P. Gardebiter said:
I don't be leader then, because I'm not the person for programming, well maybe assembler and making a DOS game would be the only thing, I think could do :p

But at this point I'm a hacker not a programmer. Also this project was meant as a mod project. If you want a different then open a new thread for it, because if people want me as a leader this is going to be a mod/hack. :D

Well, I just got the impression from andwhyisit that this wasn't going to be a mod, and he started the thread, but I think we should all vote on it.

Anyway, if you can figure out something as unintuitive as exe hacking, you can probably figure out C++ - if not C++, then almost certainly Lua.

Oct 20, 2007 at 9:10 AM
Hoxtilicious
I'm good at Lua I guess but C is really hard for me, in fact I hate it :x

Believe in me, I tried C and it's too hard for me, I'm not the right one for it :p
This project will be a mod/hack and not another game, if you still want to know if some people would like to make a game, just poll it :D

Oct 20, 2007 at 10:17 AM
Justin-chan
Well, I just got the impression from andwhyisit that this wasn't going to be a mod, and he started the thread, but I think we should all vote on it.
And Sharkenaa started the topic, not andwhyisit. o.o

Oct 20, 2007 at 10:23 AM
Hoxtilicious
Yes, because Sharkenaa wanted to help some with mapping... Thats why this project was started ;P

Oct 20, 2007 at 11:25 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Heh? Lua? C++?

I'm a programma-moron! :D

Oct 20, 2007 at 11:28 AM
Justin-chan
Metalogz said:
I'm a programma-moron!
That makes two of us. Even though I have heard of the programs. :/

Oct 20, 2007 at 12:10 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
miakid (Mee-a-KiD)
the bearer of the demon crown before the docter

Oct 20, 2007 at 3:53 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
S. P. Gardebiter said:
I don't be leader then, because I'm not the person for programming, well maybe assembler and making a DOS game would be the only thing, I think could do :D

All we need is someone to fill the organisation skills necessary in order to get everyone working together to achieve a single result, that was what I meant by being the leader.

tommy631 said:
miakid (Mee-a-KiD)
Did I just misspell that? But yeah that was who I meant.

Oct 20, 2007 at 4:02 PM
Hoxtilicious
But I'm not good at programming and I'm also not interrested in a game also this thread was meant as a hacking project :D

Oct 20, 2007 at 4:57 PM
Luls
tommy631 said:
miakid (Mee-a-KiD)

NO WONDER! it seemed so familiar :D tyvm.

Oh yeah I just came up with an idea! You know Booster always runs out of fuel after boostering in the air for a few sseconds? And it wouldn't be fun if you could keep boostering for ever. So, maybe you could change the booster thingy into like... A motobike? QuoteMobile! I got that idea from another thread... the "3 word story time" thread.

Motorbike
So... This is how it would work. Its an equipment item. You can go at the same speed as booster or maybe faster forever, that is, only on groud. Now that would make it less cheatish, cause you can only speed on ground. But the motorbike has a speed booster? To activate the speed booster, you press the jump button in the air after you have jumped once off the ground. When you jump off the ground, the motorbike would face skywards at a 45 degree angle. When you press the jump again, the motorbike would speed higher into the sky at twice the normal speed. :D

Light cannon
I was thinking. Maybe in this mod, the main character can use enemy attacks. This is one of my favourite :D

Level1: Shoots out small little blobs of yellow light in a straight line. 2 on screen at a time. Limited range.
Level2: Shoots out medium sized balls of blue light in a straight line. 3 on screen at a time. Further range.
Level3: Shoots out large balls of light blue light in a straight line. 3 on screen at a time. Far range. Goes through walls.

Sniper Rifle
So... this long gun would be the most accurate weapon ever! And the bullets travel really fast, so you wouldn't miss your target from afar.

Level1: Shoots out a short and thin length of laser at a very high speed. 1 on screen at a time. Limited range. High damage (like between 15 to 20, damage increases with distance)
Level2: Shoots out a short and thin length of laser at a very high speed. 1 on screen at a time. Less limited range. Moderately high damage (between 30 to 40, damage increases with distance)
Level3: Shoots out a short and thin length of laser at a very high speed. 1 on screen at a time. Unlimited range. Very high damage (between 70 to 90, damage increases with distance)

How does it sound?

Oct 20, 2007 at 8:18 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
If this is going to be a hacking project, then I guess I'll do some mapping. I'm not very experienced with it (I started yesterday) and I don't know much of TSC, but I think I'll figure it out soon enough.

Oct 20, 2007 at 11:29 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
S. P. Gardebiter said:
But I'm not good at programming and I'm also not interrested in a game also this thread was meant as a hacking project :D
You are being selfish.

Give it a chance, this could be the first ever cave story related game if we do it right, but if we can't organise ourselves then the project will be left in the dust.

Oct 20, 2007 at 11:43 PM
Hoxtilicious
I'm not selfish, this was meant as a hack thread and not as a game thread, if you like to make a game then create a new thread and make a new project, but this will be a hacking/modding project and thats the end of this discussion, since the topic starter meant this as a mod project, as well as some other members.

Oct 21, 2007 at 2:00 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
S. P. Gardebiter said:
I'm not selfish, this was meant as a hack thread and not as a game thread, if you like to make a game then create a new thread and make a new project, but this will be a hacking/modding project and thats the end of this discussion, since the topic starter meant this as a mod project, as well as some other members.
Why didn't you say so, okay where should I move it to? Main? Mods?

Oct 21, 2007 at 6:17 AM
Justin-chan
I think it should be in Main, because its not a mod. Or you can put it in Mods and just say "Please move it to the correct section if this does not belong here"

Oct 21, 2007 at 6:22 AM
Luls
:D

No one is listening to me T.T

Erm anyway I got yet another idea!

How about a Boomerang? You throw it at the enemy and it comes back to you after it hits something. :D

Level1: Yellow small boomerang. Hits 1 enemy before returning. Small damage.
Level2: Orange medium-sized boomerang. Hits 2 enemies before returning. Medium damage.
Level3: Red large boomerang. Hits 3 enemies before returning. High damage (like blade ^^)