Community Project: Deity Project

May 24, 2011 at 2:12 AM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Re: Community Project: Diety Project

And also are you guys including multiplayer for it (like cave story online) because when a noob like me and a few random people play zombies. Our best record was 10 rounds. Or was it 8 rounds? Anyway, so imagine me alone doing it.

I do know it would take a lot of assembly hacking but maybe it could be sort of taken in note as some thing you could work on when you finish the game or work bit,by bit,by bit while focusing on the main game.

May 24, 2011 at 2:22 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."

Oh my gosh. I do play a fair amount of Zombies on WaW and Black Ops so you can tell I'm surprised to see this happening! :debug:
Since I am still learning the basics of modding, I cannot help ;_;
I would totally beta test this, if that's fine, but if not I'll just wait 'till the final release; I really hope it turns out well, especially with all of the people gathered for this.

May 24, 2011 at 3:05 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."

Hm. So far the first map looks to be outdoors with some sort of cabin to start in, and perhaps multiple to unlock. I'm so far thinking this should be on a mountain (not neceesarily the top) and there should be rails from mine carts leading to mineing tunnels, so szombies have tunnels to come though. Any one have any opinions or see it differently on that?

Also, for music we have two options. In nazi zombies you can unlock a song to play on a map while fighting that sounds epic. the question is, should we have earie music playing before hand and then the epic gunz-a-blazing music, or no music and then the guns-a-blazing?

May 24, 2011 at 3:06 AM
Absentee Modder
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"

I volunteer to help however I can. I specialize in TSC, spriting and terrible ideas.

@Matt: Ooh! Eerie music at the start! Eerie music at the start!

Also, I think we should go with the breakable barrier idea, so we'll need a way for enemies to damage other entities.

May 24, 2011 at 3:09 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

That map sounds good to me.
As for the myoosic, I think the eerie stuff sounds better than nothing.

May 24, 2011 at 3:10 AM

Remember were dealing with ZOMBIES so it should be eerie and then the guns blazin type music. After all you're supposed to make it fun and scary thats what zombies are for.

May 24, 2011 at 3:12 AM
I don't anymore.

jed37 said:
I volunteer to help however I can. I specialize in TSC, spriting and terrible ideas.

Having bad ideas isn't a bad thing, that just means whatever you suggest, we'll know not to do. XD

May 24, 2011 at 3:16 AM

I kind of envisioned it like a mansion where zombies are breaking in and you have the option of getting outside from the front (with points of course) or you could take different passages to other exits and then you went outside.

May 24, 2011 at 3:19 AM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"

Marx said:
Guys if were trying to emulate the black ops zombie mode please dont forget the barriers or hell would ensue.

I like Hell.

Not really, but what barriers are you talking about?

May 24, 2011 at 3:28 AM

Its what keeps the zombies from entering the area.

May 24, 2011 at 3:29 AM
I don't anymore.

Ollie said:
I like Hell.

Not really, but what barriers are you talking about?

I would recomend you watch someone play nazi zombies on Youtube. Zombies come through holes and openings that are blocked by pieces of wood nailed to the wall. They break through these one piece of wood at a time, so it takes longer for them to enter the room. You can rebuild them piece by piece, but only when zombies aren't coming through. That would be why I mentioned the mining tunnels, so they have tunnels to come through. Although usually they come out in so many numbers as you advance rounds that rebuilding them serves no purpose. But still look it up.

@Marx
Online is virtually impossible because we don't have the source code. I'm not all that good with ASM but I can tell we probably don't have enough room.

So how are people feeling about the map, once details are made someone could draw the basic outline and building could be commenced.

May 24, 2011 at 10:56 PM
I don't anymore.

I just remembered that Nazi Zombies actually has a pretty well thought out back story., which can only be heard via radios. Does anyone wanna do some research and write one? Probably something sciency that explains the zombies reason for being there. And whatever other enemies may be included.

May 24, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Ill try give me a bit of time.

May 24, 2011 at 11:39 PM
I don't anymore.

Marx said:
Ill try give me a bit of time.

Cool. Only the first map has been thought up so before things get too detailed on your end, try focusing on what would be in this map. so far it starts in a cabin, (or small house) and you go outside, as you progress, where zombies are coming out of mining tunnels. See if you can come up with something big or small plot wise for the area. Research stuff too. It should be pretty elaborate. I'll probably be doing some plot stuff too, but not now.

While he's writing and I'm attempting to think tiles for the first map up, does anyone have any ideas to add to it? THIS PROJECT MUST NOT DIE!

May 24, 2011 at 11:40 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"

Alright I didn't read even one reply in this thread but it would be cool if I could make a few map designs.

May 24, 2011 at 11:55 PM
I don't anymore.

WoodenRat said:
Alright I didn't read even one reply in this thread but it would be cool if I could make a few map designs.

Hm... You just made me think about the amount of maps there will be and their size. Should there be just a couple maps or somewhere around 10? There will be more than 100 events per map, (because the max amount of rounds is 99) so it all depends on the sheer work that must be put in to do it. But I digress, sure you can do some maps. They just gotta be good. Designed with survival in mind. I need to work on the tile set for the first map. I don't know if I'll be doing it all by myself but it's gotta be done for map design to begin.

May 25, 2011 at 12:38 AM
Professional Whatever

A side note, I'm actually not impressively good at music, but I can do some rhythm and stuff. So I could make the skeleton of a song and get someone else to slap on some skin.
If anyone's looking for an apprentice, you know where to find me...

Also, what about a map with only cave story enemies? Maybe we could hack some critters to always jump in the player's direction.

May 25, 2011 at 12:55 AM
I don't anymore.

LunarSoul said:
A side note, I'm actually not impressively good at music, but I can do some rhythm and stuff. So I could make the skeleton of a song and get someone else to slap on some skin.
If anyone's looking for an apprentice, you know where to find me...

Also, what about a map with only cave story enemies? Maybe we could hack some critters to always jump in the player's direction.

That's actually pretty good. Were you thinking they'd be the normal enemies or zombie versions of them?

May 25, 2011 at 12:57 AM
Professional Whatever

Hmm... I'm not sure.

May 25, 2011 at 1:06 AM
I don't anymore.

LunarSoul said:
Hmm... I'm not sure.

Do you mean you don't think it should happen or can't decide?