Community Project: Cave Story 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2009 at 12:14 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Lace said:
ever played jenkas nightmare?
Nope. Only two mods I've played so far are Curly's Story and Dark Platform.

That said, I haven't played much mods because I want to finish my mod's first demo, first. {Pretty darn close, now. Only a cliff-hanger and mini-game missing; then I just need to play the whole thing through a few times to touch up any dialect, loop-holes, cheesiness, and any bugs I might've missed; unfortunately, I've become addicted to the forums and have slowed down on progress >.<", and I'm trying to find the Beta Orgs of Cave Story, too...}

EDIT: Oh yeah, although my mod will take place within Cave Story's story {Heheh}, it will in a way that can be completely ignored if disliked {I guess you could call it a parody....but Iono XD}, and bring in several original and new characters....{I'm sure you can guess who one of them is...}

May 7, 2009 at 12:30 AM
Been here way too long...
play all the mods, you'll get a good feel for what most of are like, as well as some ideas, which will help you with your mod. I also think I have a copy of the beta orgs around somewhere, but it might take me a while to find them.

May 7, 2009 at 12:42 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Ah..

Lace said:
play all the mods, you'll get a good feel for what most of are like, as well as some ideas, which will help you with your mod. I also think I have a copy of the beta orgs around somewhere, but it might take me a while to find them.
I've got a good idea from previous mods past =D, and I'd also like to rely on my own level designing and such, and see how it stacks against the other mods....

And if you find those Orgs, you're in the credits for sure =D!

EDIT:
Oh wait, I think SP put a link for some, but I can't tell, since it doesn't work T.T
http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/505/ {Heheh, the link's in Comic Sans too =D}
I think the site's down...
Scratch that, it's been dead for years
>.>;

May 13, 2009 at 7:07 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Damn, this project is canceled? Man.

Hey just wondering, is there a Cave story map editor? That doesn't involve coding? Like the Warcraft 3 Map Editor? That'd be sick.

And if there isn't how would i go about making my own mod. I have a good idea for a fan-made sequel. Which takes place on the surface.

May 13, 2009 at 8:46 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
SabeTheFabled said:
Damn, this project is canceled? Man.

Hey just wondering, is there a Cave story map editor? That doesn't involve coding? Like the Warcraft 3 Map Editor? That'd be sick.

And if there isn't how would i go about making my own mod. I have a good idea for a fan-made sequel. Which takes place on the surface.
How about you ask that here:
http://www.cavestory.org/forums/forums/29/

Oct 21, 2009 at 5:28 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'm a huge fan of cave story, absolutely loved the game. I ran into this thread by sheer mistake and saw that you were working on a community project. I am a musician and can create professional sounding music that you can use in the game.

The original cave story music thrived on beautiful technical melodies, and I would like to replicate this sound, yet make a completely original score. I could make a sample song and see if you like it? What type of file would you take for the game? .WAV? .MP3?

Oct 21, 2009 at 5:33 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
rypeters said:
I'm a huge fan of cave story, absolutely loved the game. I ran into this thread by sheer mistake and saw that you were working on a community project. I am a musician and can create professional sounding music that you can use in the game.

The original cave story music thrived on beautiful technical melodies, and I would like to replicate this sound, yet make a completely original score. I could make a sample song and see if you like it? What type of file would you take for the game? .WAV? .MP3?

andwhyisit said:
1. This project is dead. Pixel disapproved of the idea.

Dead thread is dead, because the project was dissapproved by Pixel himself, sorry.
Read the thread a bit more carefully next time please.

Should this thread be locked now that we know we're not making a fan made Cave Story 2?

Oct 21, 2009 at 5:38 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
You're about five months late there buddy. Heck you're even kind of late for the latest attempt at a community mod. I'm not sure how you can run into a thread and miss the last post date but it's not exactly a good way to make your first post. Try and pay attention in future pl0x.

...Guess I may as well lock this, since like GIR says it's dead. I'm really hoping this doesn't become a recurring problem again. Every thread should not need to be locked once it's finished just to stop necrobumps.

Oct 21, 2009 at 5:40 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
The format is .org and the program used to make them are http://www.cavestory.org/downloads_6.php

The first two are the ones most often used.

Oh and here's an edited version that a member was kind enough to give me. It has the notes on the keys.

Sadly, I think this project is on haitus, at least, until Jethawk can learn how to mod.

You might want to head over to http://www.cavestory.org/forums/posts/83486/ and help out there.

Jeez guys, give the guy a break, he only wants to help (albiet being quite late...).

So head over to where I said, you'll be able to contribute there.

Edit by DT: Different project altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.