Chaco: Discussion and inevitable off-topicness

Jan 8, 2008 at 12:23 AM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
andwhyisit said:
The energy could be stored as magic and then converted to other energy types when fired. There are any number of possible ways these weapons could work under a different yet similar set of physics, nevermind how advanced these guys are in technology, but the fireball explaination makes sense.
From a technicalogical standpoint, all the weapons in CS are feasable, they just require parts with a greater effeciency than we are currently capable of.

And, as stated in another thread (I think), magic may just be an undiscovered form of energy.

As for the missile launcher, it is the only weapon I don't see as feasible...
At least with regards to ammo.
I mean, each projectile is the height of Quote, and granted he can only carry and abosolute max of 100.
If you didn't get the missile launcher before hell, the chest gives 100 instead of 24.
But that's a 6 inch diameter (approx.) by 4 foot long cylinder that just seems to appear from nowhere...
Maybe they expand on a springloaded style thing?

Jan 8, 2008 at 8:07 AM
Respwnt
DragonBoots said:
From a technicalogical standpoint, all the weapons in CS are feasable, they just require parts with a greater effeciency than we are currently capable of.

And, as stated in another thread (I think), magic may just be an undiscovered form of energy.

As for the missile launcher, it is the only weapon I don't see as feasible...
At least with regards to ammo.
I mean, each projectile is the height of Quote, and granted he can only carry and abosolute max of 100.
If you didn't get the missile launcher before hell, the chest gives 100 instead of 24.
But that's a 6 inch diameter (approx.) by 4 foot long cylinder that just seems to appear from nowhere...
Maybe they expand on a springloaded style thing?

You still didn't explain mah missile launcher question.

Jan 8, 2008 at 11:52 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
andwhyisit said:
The energy could be stored as magic and then converted to other energy types...

nuuuUUUUUUOOOOoOooooooOooooo!

That be my concept of moddish be mine! >:

Jan 8, 2008 at 12:00 PM
Respwnt
Metalogz said:
nuuuUUUUUUOOOOoOooooooOooooo!

That be my concept of moddish be mine! >:
No man, andwhy abd Atravir came up with that long before you registered. Search for the term mana to highlight the word, but it'll be in the movie script thread. Around pges 30-50 or something when we had sane subjects to speak about sensibly.

Jan 8, 2008 at 7:23 PM
Roonil Wazlib said:
You still didn't explain mah missile launcher question.
Alas, I have to credit that one to hammerspace...

Or maybe (3D~) there is a canister that is always off screen?

Oh!

On-demand telportation!

You know the refill stations?
Maybe, when you use the station, it stockpiles your maximum, then transports them to you when you need them.
Perhaps the missile launcher is just a guidance system that tells the refiller where to transport the munitions to...

Jan 9, 2008 at 12:53 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
DragonBoots said:
Alas, I have to credit that one to hammerspace...

Or maybe (3D~) there is a canister that is always off screen?

Oh!

On-demand telportation!

You know the refill stations?
Maybe, when you use the station, it stockpiles your maximum, then transports them to you when you need them.
Perhaps the missile launcher is just a guidance system that tells the refiller where to transport the munitions to...
Chibi style exaggeration, the missiles aren't really that big in comparison to quote. Games and manga do this stuff quite a bit.

Jan 10, 2008 at 12:13 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
JacobX891 said:
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you guys are killing catgirls by the dozens. applying real physics to a fantasy game... you should be ashamed... geez. I wanted to start a thread that would last at least 5 pages without going off topic. darn.
I am applying logic. Everyone else is applying real-world physics (I am applying fantasy-world physics occasionally but thats ok).

Jan 10, 2008 at 12:14 AM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
If that's possible.

Jan 10, 2008 at 2:13 PM
Luls
andwhyisit said:
I am applying logic. Everyone else is applying real-world physics (I am applying fantasy-world physics occasionally but thats ok).

Hey I just had an idea... Why not start a thread where you apply real-world chemistry to Cave Story xD

Like how the fireball works and how the Nemesis can even function (lightning in a gun...? o.o) and blah blah blabbalabah bah.

Jan 10, 2008 at 6:30 PM
Just list the questions~
XD

Jan 11, 2008 at 7:03 AM
Justin-chan
What is Chaco?

1. A whore
2. A slut
3. Santa's sex slave
4. All of the above
5. None of the bottom
6. Innocent
7. Cute
8. Normal

Jan 11, 2008 at 12:43 PM
Luls
jcys810 said:
What is Chaco?

1. A whore
2. A slut
3. Santa's sex slave
4. All of the above
5. None of the bottom
6. Innocent
7. Cute
8. Normal

Chaco = Charcoal. Just that Pixel felt that charcoal shouldn't be insulted through racist means. Therefore, he named it the COLOURED MIMIGA!!! =O

Jan 12, 2008 at 1:12 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
andwhyisit said:
Chibi style exaggeration, the missiles aren't really that big in comparison to quote. Games and manga do this stuff quite a bit.
"Obviously" this is been shown with a point of view that's been filtered through Quote's extensive antenna-based sensors. Things aren't neccessarily the same sizes they are in the game, but are represented based on their ability to be targeted/landed on. Thus, the doctor isn't really that much taller than quote, but the weapons only have to be close enough to deal damage, and the area of possible damage is what's displayed.

Similarly, projectiles are shown based on how they can interact with (kill). The missiles aren't neccessarily the same size as quote, they just have that as their trigger radius. Monsters don't just poof away, but their corpses are irrelevant, and removed from the overall view in order to focus attention on important matters. Note that the only corpses you see are the ones from other robots (which could be partially functional, or have useful parts - a dead robot seems like something that wouldn't be discarded by the filter), and the sky dragons, have a zombie form (so the filter can't discard that information out of hand).

Jan 12, 2008 at 6:58 AM
Luls
Roonil Wazlib said:
What's with the [edit]ing then?

Well... the world is running out of coal so they have to learn how to reproduce effieciently. LOL.

Jan 13, 2008 at 6:56 AM
Luls
Roonil Wazlib said:
_|_(*_*)_|_
....\...|.../...
......\.|./.....
........|.......
......./.\......
......|..|.....

............./¯/.......
.........../..//.......
........../..//........
..._./¯/../'¯\......
./../../../.....\__.
(..(..(..(...(.\/..).
.\.............\/../..
..\.............../...
....\............(....

Jan 13, 2008 at 7:35 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Slife said:
"Obviously" this is been shown with a point of view that's been filtered through Quote's extensive antenna-based sensors. Things aren't neccessarily the same sizes they are in the game, but are represented based on their ability to be targeted/landed on. Thus, the doctor isn't really that much taller than quote, but the weapons only have to be close enough to deal damage, and the area of possible damage is what's displayed.

Similarly, projectiles are shown based on how they can interact with (kill). The missiles aren't neccessarily the same size as quote, they just have that as their trigger radius. Monsters don't just poof away, but their corpses are irrelevant, and removed from the overall view in order to focus attention on important matters. Note that the only corpses you see are the ones from other robots (which could be partially functional, or have useful parts - a dead robot seems like something that wouldn't be discarded by the filter), and the sky dragons, have a zombie form (so the filter can't discard that information out of hand).
The exaggeration is part of the art style, not a filter.

Jan 13, 2008 at 8:17 AM
andwhyisit said:
The exaggeration is part of the art style, not a filter.
Aaand...
Whadabout the Mannans?