Cave Story: The Legacy

May 31, 2011 at 2:11 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Hi Guys

This is the mod I've been working on lately. Cave Story: The Legacy. Yes I know...very cleshay but nobody has ever finished one. This mod takes place 10 years before Cave Story so its about Quote and Curly before the beginning of Cave Story. This is going to be a quick mod. I may have several months break in between each section. So don't expect anything quick...:D

The Basic Plot
Quote and Curly are created as part of a mission to destroy the Crown. Opposing the other Robots sent from the surface to collect the Crown. But before being sent to Earth Miakid and his forces secretly attack the base where Quote and Curly have been created. They believe they have destroyed the scientists and the other robots waiting to be activated and dump they take the remaining scrap metal of to a factory to be processed into machines to fight the battle on the island. But no! Quote and Curly are Alive. They then fight their way out of the factory. They find the Headquarters and find out what's going on. They decided to do what they were programmed for. Destroy the crown!

The main part of the game is yet to be set out in detail. They will be on the island...but the island will be much nicer than before. However some parts will have been destroyed from the battles. There will be quite a few new characters but also a bunch from the real cave story.

In the end they will Fight Miakid (who was a military human) and aim to destroy the crown. They will injure him but will themselves will be supposedly "de-activated" and dumped in the cave and sandzone.

The End? No! The next bit will be about the arrival of the Doctor, Prof. Booster, Itoh and Sakamoto's. So the same characters but a tiny bit younger and for some they will be human! This bit won't be as long and i haven't decided if this will be actual Game-play or what.

So now is the End.

Your thoughts?

Kick Ass

May 31, 2011 at 10:57 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'll just let you know that there are several other mods (at least one) with the name "Legacy", so you may want to rename it to avoid confusion.

As far as the rest goes, if you want to make it, and are dedicated enough to make it, then it is a good plot. If it doesn't inspire you, scrap it. For the most part, mods that have more unique plots are also generally better, perhaps because of the inspiration dealio, so like I said above, just go with a plot that seems awesome/is awesome to you.

Jun 1, 2011 at 10:14 AM
CUSTOMIZED!
Yer I know legacy is pretty common. It's not the final name I just couldn't think of a proper name yet. Anyway I mean life is busy...not that it isn't for all. So this is something that I really want to do but may take a long...long.....time.

Thanks for the feedback. :muscledoc:

This post, for me, is probably going to be more of a brain sprawl so I can finalise all my ideas.

Jun 16, 2011 at 4:38 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Well this seems to be a really neat game but the name is too simple.
How about: Cave Story: Rebound or Cave Story: Code: C.R.O.W.N (cant think of a acronim. DX )
because what im seeing is a "prequel" and a "ending" of cavestory combined.

This almost scares me, but is intresting.
Hope for the best!

Jun 16, 2011 at 12:27 PM
LSD
"..."
I think Sos's ideas are great. If you were to use his second one, you'd need to think of an acronym.

C.R.O.W.N

I can't think of one off hand, if you think more on it, it'll come out great.

Jun 28, 2011 at 4:42 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
Oops...didn't see these posts. Yer I definitely need a better title so some of those suggestions are good :mrgreen:. I might still continue some of this mod just as a mess around and to get back some of my modding skills which I have lost over the years...You never know I might get enough of it done to continue with it but I'd rather concentrate on the Hermit's Story at the moment.

Jun 29, 2011 at 1:55 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Pigaro said:
I think Sos's ideas are great. If you were to use his second one, you'd need to think of an acronym.

C.R.O.W.N

I can't think of one off hand, if you think more on it, it'll come out great.

Cool Robots Owning Wicked Nasties?
No, that sounds like a bad 90s game.

Jun 29, 2011 at 2:10 AM
CUSTOMIZED!
xD It does. It sounds like a movie :mrgreen: