Cave Story Remix Project 2

Jan 21, 2012 at 10:25 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
thank you for the lyrics,and thanks for the new relese. :awesomeface:
And the reson i perfur calm music in Scared grounds,think. Its not the "suq3r 1337 bu137 h311" that most pepole say it is. Its Quote's last stand. as i said,"Ganantly marching off to your doom."

Jan 21, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You know what, I am going to try and make you guys some album art for the Bonus Album. Probably won't be the best, but it might be better than nothing. Also, if there's something specific you want for it, I can do that.

EDIT: I don't really like that it's just called the bonus album. There should be a name for it!

EDIT EDIT: How's this?
diph.php

I have a copy without the "Bonus Album" if someone comes up with a name for it.
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I'm going to change that Cave Story Remix Project II there as well, it just doesn't look good in that font or all caps.
EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: Change'd

Jan 22, 2012 at 3:22 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Also,cheese,i found a great remix of Final battle. you know how i said "No guts no glory! TIme to die ballos!"? This fits that quote. And the name is funny.
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
youtube linker is broken for me.

Jan 22, 2012 at 3:45 AM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Also,cheese,i found a great remix of Final battle. you know how i said "No guts no glory! TIme to die ballos!"? This fits that quote. And the name is funny.
Fix'd. To use a YouTube tag, only put what's after the v=. So like for this one, Mk1GDKk_lQA&feature=related. Put that between a YouTube tag.

Does anybody want to notice the album art I made? :(

Jan 22, 2012 at 3:55 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I noticed it. EET SUX LUL-*shot* sorry,my retarded altlerego respawned.

Jan 22, 2012 at 4:11 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
its a bit bland. I would not use it,but only becuss of this-
p84177-0-cavestoryremixprojectiiazureresonance.png

alredy uses it.

Jan 22, 2012 at 4:19 AM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
You mean the pics? No, I actually didn't see that cover before I started this. I was inspired by the project's title, "Echoes in the Dark", and the content of the songs. This cover shows Quote and Curly venturing bravely through a dark and foreboding cave, with memories of their past battles remade, in pure shadow. It shows them reliving their worst nightmare, but staying strong. They are going through the cave with hope, with bravery. They are imagining what would happen should they fail. But most of all, they are going through this cave of nightmare and evil with their guns held high, ready to destroy anything in their way. They are looking at the bright side of things, especially Curly. And when all hope seems lost, a flicker of light shines, and their hope is restored. That is what this album art is trying to show. It is not a cheap ripoff of other art. It is a unique and powerful message.

Jan 22, 2012 at 4:21 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
You mean the pics? No, I actually didn't see that cover before I started this. I was inspired by the project's title, "Echoes in the Dark", and the content of the songs. This cover shows Quote and Curly venturing bravely through a dark and foreboding cave, with memories of their past battles remade, in pure shadow. It shows them reliving their worst nightmare, but staying strong. They are going through the cave with hope, with bravery. They are imagining what would happen should they fail. But most of all, they are going through this cave of nightmare and evil with their guns held high, ready to destroy anything in their way. They are looking at the bright side of things, especially Curly. And when all hope seems lost, a flicker of light shines, and their hope is restored. That is what this album art is trying to show. It is not a cheap ripoff of other art. It is a unique and powerful message.
Oh my sweet mimigan lord. I did not think of it like that. You sir,are a trooper and deserve cake. *Mind=BLOWN*

Jan 22, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
That is unless somebody else wants to attempt to do a voice-over of the accompaniment, which would require me to post an accompaniment-only version, which I won't be able to do until the start of February, due to my being at college and not having access to my keyboard.
I just noticed this. In fact, I would love to do this. Really the only talent I have in music is singing, and I would love to help out in this, even if it's a really small role, like a voiceover or making album art.

Jan 22, 2012 at 7:22 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Cool beans. I'm going home the 1st weekend of February, so I'll be able to make an accomp-only recording then. I think I'll wait to add whatever bonus album art we have until you've done your recording, so I can re-upload all at once (there's the single ginormous file "Cave Story Remix Project II.zip" which contains EVERYTHING, takes forever to upload, and has to be re-uploaded every time even the smallest change is made).

A few things regarding the music itself:

1) Do you want me to make a pdf score for you (it'd take all of like a half hour)?
2) What key do you want the recording to be in? The original is in C minor. I actually originally made it in C# minor, but that didn't work very well with my voice.
3) How do you feel about those falsetto arpeggios in the 2nd verse?

Jan 22, 2012 at 9:30 PM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
1. Yes, please, if it's not too much trouble.
2. C minor is fine.
3. They really don't need to go so high. The song, IMO, would be perfectly fine if they didn't go as high.

Jan 22, 2012 at 11:12 PM
graters gonna grate
http://www.mediafire.com/?lsone81c38xi4cj

Jan 23, 2012 at 4:46 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I'd help by giving you a nuther voice,but i dont own a head set and my voice is highpitched,

Jan 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM
graters gonna grate
Yeah, so I included both the really high notes and the not-so-high notes in the score. If you feel you can do the high notes well, then do them, otherwise don't.

Jan 23, 2012 at 6:43 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
._. I told you, i dont have a headset. or recording softwere,

Jan 23, 2012 at 7:25 PM
graters gonna grate
oh, sorry, I was talking to dunc, not you.

Jan 23, 2012 at 7:46 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
oh alright. BTW,who did the singing for "cave story anthem in The jernoy geos on?

Jan 23, 2012 at 10:31 PM
graters gonna grate
An IRL friend of mine.

Jan 24, 2012 at 2:28 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
tell her,She does a great singing voice.