Cave Story Remix Project 2

May 22, 2010 at 11:24 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
My hopes were up so I did not bother to read the title of the thread or any of it. Well I read the first page but hey, recreating the music could have been a part of a sequel.

May 22, 2010 at 11:35 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
@David Schwobe
Oh well, honest mistake, everyone does it. But you did seem overexcited to a certain extent, which is probably why others responded in seemingly less-than-neutral ways. The point being that this isn't a Cave Story 2 thread but only a second remix project preceded by the original.

Unfortunately, I think Pixel officially said a year back or more that a fanmade Cave Story 2 project would not be allowed. There was some work going on for a fanmade sequel under the assumption that permission was granted, but after we were reassured that it wasn't, progress stopped and the project was cancelled. I'd know since I was part of the music team. :)

Meanwhile, since you're already in this thread, you could be interested in what the thread is all about and a convenient list made by FrozenFire can be found here. :rolleyes:

Jun 13, 2010 at 9:10 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Be Expecting My Quite Remix Soon,

Ditch The Ikachen Vocal Remix...
Dont know about the Here Comes Our Hero Vocal Remix...

I'm making a Seal Chamber Remix, Still thinking of a name :(

Jun 13, 2010 at 10:00 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Jun 16, 2010 at 8:05 PM
"Huzzah!"
Hey guys! Been a while.

KuroKun said:
I'm pulling out my Eyes of Flame song. :| It was rushed and is mostly just loops and effects.

xD peace xD

Alright, so you want me to take it off of the list? I just want to be sure before I take it off.

@ JetHawk05: I'll remove the Ikachan track. Also, I was wondering if your 2 songs "Pure Darkness" and "Electric Distortion" are considered complete or just demos? You gave me all the info I need except that.

Anyway, I really like both of the songs, but I feel like the Electric Distortion song would be 2x better with some drums. Actually, if you'd like, I would love to try and add some sick drums to it if you'd just give me the bpm (tempo). It's your song though, so whatever you want man.

I'll update the list when I get both of those underlined questions (above) answered.

Jun 17, 2010 at 12:20 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Was worrying about you yesterday, Thought you'd gone :(
Without you the list would just dissapear.

Well happy to see you :p
Pure Darkness is finished, Glad you liked it :D And I would really appreciate you putting some drums in it.
FrozenFire & JetHawk95 - Electric Distortion

By the way here's a medley iv'e been working on for ages, I Think it's a load of crap :(
Tell me what you think though people :)

http://www.4shared.com/audio/Yw1WBVCY/JetHawk96_-_Echoes_In_The_Nigh.html

Im aware I put Jethawk 96 :D

Jun 19, 2010 at 10:00 PM
"Huzzah!"
JetHawk95 said:
Pure Darkness is finished, Glad you liked it :eek: And I would really appreciate you putting some drums in it.
FrozenFire & JetHawk95 - Electric Distortion

Alright, I've started adding to it and it's sounding good so far. I'll see if I can't get a sample of it to you guys within a week. I want to add some more to it first.

JetHawk95 said:
By the way here's a medley iv'e been working on for ages, I Think it's a load of crap :(
Tell me what you think though people :mad:

http://www.4shared.com/audio/Yw1WBVCY/JetHawk96_-_Echoes_In_The_Nigh.html

Im aware I put Jethawk 96 :cool:

I guess I'd have to agree with you. Some of the sound levels are extreme, like the beginning lead synth is very overpowering compared to the rest. Also, it doesn't flow together like a medley should, but instead you have a lot of fades. It sounds like it could be made into something pretty good, but it needs a bit more polish imo. Medleys are hardcore though, so nice try just the same.

Jun 22, 2010 at 9:50 PM
Creating A Legacy...
yeah its a prototype, ive changed it Dramatically and changed the levels of some songs and made them all link up without fade in or outs :)

Jun 24, 2010 at 7:07 AM
"Huzzah!"
Alrighty!

Here is a sample of what I've been doing with JetHawk95's "Electric Distortion" track.

http://www.mediafire.com/?n3zl2g4zmez

Let me know what you guys think! I especially want to know what JetHawk95 thinks (and any ideas or changes you might want to hear; just let me know). I'm leaning toward doing more than just drums (as you may notice some synth effects already in there), so let me know if that's cool with you. I also want to change up the arrangement a little by adding a sort of "bridge" section because it feels like it drags on too long; like it needs more variety. Good ideas? Bad ideas?

The ending is very abrupt but that won't be that actual end of the track, so it's no problem, just ignore it.

I plan on adding more variety to the drums with some more interesting fills, stutters, breaks; all that fun stuff. Sound levels and other tweaks will come later of course.

P.S. I will update the list.. umm, some time soonish, heh heh. I'm pretty tired right now and I have to be up early for work tomorrow. :( G'nite guys.

Jun 24, 2010 at 12:34 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Loving it :(
The added stuffs brilliant man, keep it up, and yeah a bridge would be really cool, Do you want the original .flp file? here it is, You'll need sytrus but i'm guessing you've got that...

http://www.mediafire.com/?kvxctlntw2t

Jul 3, 2010 at 8:35 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Check this out guys
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/343218
Its in Newgrounds best of the week, pretty cool, Iv'e asked him if he wants to enter it into the project seen as though the balcony remix we have here, the author of it has disappeared and all download links have been taken down :\

Jul 5, 2010 at 4:12 AM
Creating A Legacy...
Hey guys, heres probably the most professional sounding remix ive made yet

http://www.mediafire.com/?m2ryzzmngwr

Artist JetHawk95
Track name - Balcony Distant Remix
Status - Complete!

Jul 7, 2010 at 10:07 PM
"Huzzah!"
Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I'm still around, I'm just getting ready to move. I'll update the list and listen to those tracks (and comment on them) when I've got more time.

Btw, where's everyone else? I guess it's only been about a month and the deadline is about 5 months away still. It would be nice to see what others think about your Electric Distortion remix. Or I guess it's kinda ours. Anyway, I'll work on that and update you when I can, but it'll be a while.

Peace.

Jul 9, 2010 at 2:15 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Thanks a lot dude peace, And Wedge is still hre, dont know about Rtnario though, I can track him down through his newgrounds and stuff though... the other remix's, GIR's gotta nice White remix coming soon

Jul 9, 2010 at 2:46 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I might do another remix or two in the near future. Some tracks I'm considering: Cave Story, Meltdown 2, Labyrinth Fight, Scorching Back, The Way Back Home. None of these have been done yet, right?

Jul 10, 2010 at 2:24 AM
He who lurks beneath the posts.
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
ack completely forgot about this o.o I like the remix you did Jet. Though about 40 seconds in I felt like some sort of drums were suppose to come in xD

Still requesting to take my Eye's of flame song off the list

Jul 10, 2010 at 4:28 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
@JetHawk95
I check around occasionally. :) Still here, always was and will see this until the end where it's released and all. Haven't heard your new remixes though; I'm away from home with really crappy internet and at home my internet is broken. Sucks either way, but I'll give it a listen once I get back.

@FrozenFire
...what I said to JetHawk95 applies to your modification of his remix. XD

@Wedge of Cheese
GO FOR IT :D However, I might also do what would probably be my last or second-to-the-last remix based off Scorching Back. In fact, fahrenheight (sp?) kinda suggested it on my unused deviantART and it was even already planned after HUZZAH and before Cave Story War. It's that old. :(

Jul 28, 2010 at 11:48 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hi everyone!

I'm new here, and low and behold this is my first post.
The forum caught my eye so l thought l'd join up and share what little music I have with you all.

I hope you don't mind me contributing to this remix project.
Well I only have 2 songs to show you so far.

The first is a composition of Gestation done by ear http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4106447

And this one was done by a friend of mine, it's of Scorching Back
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4194796

I'm working on a composition of Meltdown 2 at the moment, l've got the main melody down, but there's still so much to figure out (like that bass line).
I guess l could hunt down .midi files for these but that feels cheap.

Well l hope you like what l have to offer so far, and l look forward to hearing the music everyone else has to offer as well.

Aug 8, 2010 at 6:04 PM
Creating A Legacy...
There Sick Azmare, Hope your still around.

By the way this is'nt for the remix project but it's something i've worked on

Aug 9, 2010 at 3:11 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
JetHawk95 said:
There Sick Azmare, Hope your still around.

Thankyou :o

And yes I'm still around, I just don't have as much free time as I used to unfortunately.

Great Job with the song, I love the Spacey/Distant feel it has to it, although I'm sure that's what you were aiming for (Distant Remix?)

Argh, I still need to listen to everything that's been posted in the forums, seems like there's a lot of talent here.
Well I'll hopefully get this remix of Meltdown 2 done soon enough, just so lazy at the moment haha.

I look forward to posting more and getting to know you all, it seems like a great forum.