Cave Story Remix Project 2

Apr 26, 2010 at 1:12 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Wait, WHAT!?
Oh, shame.

Thought it was outer wall for some odd reason.
Punish me, master ugly.

Apr 26, 2010 at 6:32 PM
"Huzzah!"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Made another one. I started this one like months ago, but only got the piano intro done.

Track Name: Stronghold of the Wind
Remix Artist: GIRakaCHEEZER
Remixed in this Song: Balcony, Wind Fortress (beta track)
Progress: Complete
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIE5H5M_xsk (YouTube)
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/328134 (Newgrounds)
http://www.mediafire.com/?vzajkouzmnn (mp3 Download)

As usual, tell me what you think.

I just added it to the list (page 34).

The song has a nice feel to it. I like it, good work.

May 5, 2010 at 2:45 AM
"Huzzah!"
Are you still accepting people for the remixes? I'd like to make one, if I can for this, and which ones I'd be allowed to choose from.

May 5, 2010 at 2:48 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Mike73 said:
Are you still accepting people for the remixes? I'd like to make one, if I can for this, and which ones I'd be allowed to choose from.

I think we're always accepting new people into the project, so long as they submit something before the deadline (23rd of December 2010).

THIS post lists all the remixes so far, and it'd be nice if you could remix one of the tracks that haven't been remixed yet. It isn't a requirement though, since already there have been many duplicate remixes.

May 5, 2010 at 3:00 AM
"Huzzah!"
Oh, then I'll have plenty of time.

I was thinking of either doing Plant or Balcony. Balcony needs to be redeemed from the last Remix Project, but Plant is one that I already have a basic idea for...

I've seen people do more than one. I'll try both them out, and see which one I can get more into.

EDIT: Ok, I'm doing Balcony and Break Down as one. I also had a dream last night, and for some reason a remix of Eyes of Flame and Zombie was playing during the dream. I'm going to see how it works out after I finish with Balcony.

Track Name: Echoes in the Sky
Remix Artist: Mike
Remixed in this Song: Balcony, Break Down
Progress: Demo
Link: N/A

May 7, 2010 at 11:12 PM
"Huzzah!"
Mike73 said:
Track Name: Echoes in the Sky
Remix Artist: Mike
Remixed in this Song: Balcony, Break Down
Progress: Demo
Link: N/A

First things first, welcome to the project Mike73!

I will add your song to the list when you have a demo up for people to download. I'm looking forward to hearing what you've got. :)

May 8, 2010 at 12:57 AM
"Huzzah!"
Thanks.
The basic idea is to have a sort of echo-like remix, using an xylophone for the main beat and have a sort of wind-like sound for the background music. It'll lead into Break Down, and then it'll go back to and end with Balcony.

May 8, 2010 at 6:24 AM
He who lurks beneath the posts.
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Mike73 said:
Thanks.
The basic idea is to have a sort of echo-like remix, using an xylophone for the main beat and have a sort of wind-like sound for the background music. It'll lead into Break Down, and then it'll go back to and end with Balcony.

sounds cool :) Can't wait for the demo/release

I'm pulling out my Eyes of Flame song. :| It was rushed and is mostly just loops and effects.

xD peace xD

May 8, 2010 at 6:25 PM
"Huzzah!"
It sounds pretty solid to me.
If you think that it could be better, you could try adding some percussions to it.

May 9, 2010 at 5:45 AM
Mike73 said:
It sounds pretty solid to me.
If you think that it could be better, you could try adding some percussions to it.

it does have percussion -_-'. If you didn't notice the percussion then that also proves how rushed it was.

May 9, 2010 at 4:57 PM
"Huzzah!"
Maybe try adding more percussions.
It's still good on its own, you should keep it there.

May 9, 2010 at 11:49 PM
Mike73 said:
Maybe try adding more percussions.
It's still good on its own, you should keep it there.

>.> I question your logic as the percussion is not the issue with the song.

Besides two-three people said it wasn't that great in this forum. The rest said nothing about it. Newgrounds had the submission for about half a month. For the most part it had a 4.0 average from 2 out of the 60 listeners. Today it finally changed to 3.36 with a third vote. No comments. a few downloads.

Ive already made up my mind. Its to be taken down from the project.

May 17, 2010 at 6:03 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I am not entirely sure what I can help with, however, I can think of some interesting plot ideas as well as test the game when it need be.

As for ideas, how about instead of needing to save one person to get a secret ending like in the original Cave Story, how about you make it so that there are three people that need to be saved and we can only save two of them. Different combinations lead to different paths in the story and ultimately different endings.

Even if that idea does not work it should still be made so that we can take different paths through the game to reach different endings.

And if this is not the development of a community made Cave Story 2 then please tell me.

May 17, 2010 at 6:36 AM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
David Schwobe said:
And if this is not the development of a community made Cave Story 2 then please tell me.

As far as I know this isn't; it's a project to remix the music from CS.
Or sumfin.
I generally ignore this thread.
Read it an see?

May 17, 2010 at 3:34 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
David Schwobe said:

No, this is for the development of a Cave Story REMIX PROJECT 2, in which members compose variations/remixes of the music from Cave Story. I think there have been various attempts at what you described (a sequel game) but such attempts are pretty much dead afaik.

May 18, 2010 at 3:13 PM
@David: I question your logic in coming to the "Cave story music" section and seeing this thread and automatically thinking its a Cave Story 2 game development by the community project.

May 20, 2010 at 7:30 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I did not look for this thread specifically, I was looking for a thread in which I could attempt to help make a new story. I did not know that this was a music thread, I was redirected here by someone who had told me otherwise. It is not my logic that you should be questioning rather than my carelessness. I was polite in my question and offer, you should be nothing less. It makes this world a lot easier for everyone don't you think?

May 21, 2010 at 1:42 AM
"Huzzah!"
You didn't see the title of the thread? Or even see the discussion on music?

May 21, 2010 at 1:44 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I can see how remix can be misconstrued as something like revamp or redo.
It's an honest mistake, but it's a good lesson in why you should read some (more the better) of a thread before you post in it

May 21, 2010 at 10:13 AM
David Schwobe said:
I did not look for this thread specifically, I was looking for a thread in which I could attempt to help make a new story. I did not know that this was a music thread, I was redirected here by someone who had told me otherwise. It is not my logic that you should be questioning rather than my carelessness. I was polite in my question and offer, you should be nothing less. It makes this world a lot easier for everyone don't you think?

Your under the assumption that I'm trying to be rude. If I came off as such then I'm sorry. I was merely wondering why you would come to a music thread and think its a CM Cs2. Though it is now obvious that you were misdirected.