Cave Story Remix Project 2

Mar 5, 2010 at 12:57 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
When do you think our deadline should be? You were saying before that it would be last Christmas, so maybe next Christmas would be good? That seems like more than a reasonable amount of time to tie off any loose ends.

Mar 5, 2010 at 1:33 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Yeah next christmas is a good idea, and nice to see you WOC its been time..

Mar 6, 2010 at 2:19 AM
"Huzzah!"
So the project will be done for Christmas 2010? Sounds good to me. That will give me time to finally get my song done. I still have made no progress. It hasn't helped any that my computer got a trojan virus (I think) that I can't get rid of and it prevents me from opening files after a while of being logged on. I have to reinstall windows. I've been having lots of bad luck with computers and just life stuff (work, ex girlfriends, etc), so that is why I still have made no progress on my track.

I have not given up though, I'm just taking a break from my Access remix until around Summer time. Btw, it's great to see that there are a few of you guys still working on this project. :) It has been a little dead-ish.

@ rtnario: I added your new track to the list, but I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. I can't now because I'm unable to open anything atm with this stupid virus thing (my internet is only working because I haven't closed my browser yet. Once it's closed, I will not be able to open it up until I restart my computer). YES, I know, I really need to wipe the hard drive and reinstall windows. I just haven't had a good moment to do it yet.

EDIT:
I just listened to your new song rtnario. I like it, but I do think the drums are just a tad bit overkill (mainly the snare). It's still awesome though; great addition to the project!

Mar 7, 2010 at 1:08 PM
He who lurks beneath the posts.
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
yay a date for submiting :o

I started a remix for Eyes of Fire, don't know if its already been done. and I might try to do another multi-song using songs like moonsong.(but it won't have moonsong, just using it as an example)

But that's not till I get my keyboard and mouse back unfortinatly. Using my Wii to do this right now. >.> Well, till then-

xD peace xD

Mar 22, 2010 at 5:19 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Mar 23, 2010 at 7:08 PM
graters gonna grate
Pretty good for the most part, I really liked the percussion and the last minute or so (especially the piano part). I didn't so much care for the tone of the melody at the beginning, it seemed a bit out of place.

Mar 23, 2010 at 8:51 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Thats one epic remix GIR.
I said i wanted a calm track in the project and everyone said we was'nt going to get a good one well youv'e just proved them all wrong.
So much Emotion and Passion in this remix.
Well Done

Mar 23, 2010 at 9:37 PM
I have to agree with wedge on this. Nice tune but the main sounds out of place. :(

I think I finished the Eyes of flame!

Track Name: Need's Name
Remix Artist: Kurokun
Remixed in this Song: Eye's Of Flame
Progress: Complete/demo (a little unsure still)
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?mtrzzyvtyjz

Edit

Im doing some tune ups on above song. Some volume changing and other stuff will post newer version when im done.

Mar 25, 2010 at 2:00 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
KuroKun said:
I have to agree with wedge on this. Nice tune but the main sounds out of place. :p

I think I finished the Eyes of flame!

Track Name: Need's Name
Remix Artist: Kurokun
Remixed in this Song: Eye's Of Flame
Progress: Complete/demo (a little unsure still)
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?mtrzzyvtyjz

Edit

Im doing some tune ups on above song. Some volume changing and other stuff will post newer version when im done.

Yeah I made a remix of it before, posted it a couple pages back.

Track Name: Pillow of Fire
Remix Artist: GIRakaCHEEZER
Remixed in this Song: Eyes of Flame
Progress: Complete
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oya43OmSoeY (YouTube)
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/298499 (Newgrounds)

Also your remix sounds ok, but the percussion was really boring. The main instruments were fine, but it never sounded like you switched them up. Plus they had a very stereo typical ravey kind of sound to them, so I guess I just didn't really like the main synths. It sounded good, but it never really went anywhere.

[Edit]: Also @ wedge and Kuro, please don't tell me you listened to/judged from the youtube link. The main melody in the vid got messed up somehow when it was uploaded, making the slight effect-thing stand out WAY more than it should have.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tnmr2nmzznc (Mediafire)
Mp3 link.

Mar 25, 2010 at 2:26 PM
graters gonna grate
I listened to the version on Newgrounds, not the Youtube one. Is that one all right?

Mar 25, 2010 at 3:27 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Wedge of Cheese said:
I listened to the version on Newgrounds, not the Youtube one. Is that one all right?

Yeah ;.;

Also someone commented on the remix there and said that there was a group of people who were excited for the release of CSRP2 (Cave Story Remix Project 2). Hopefully we get more mixes/artists.

Mar 25, 2010 at 3:51 PM
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Yeah I made a remix of it before, posted it a couple pages back.

Also your remix sounds ok, but the percussion was really boring. The main instruments were fine, but it never sounded like you switched them up. Plus they had a very stereo typical ravey kind of sound to them, so I guess I just didn't really like the main synths. It sounded good, but it never really went anywhere.

uuhhhhh hmmm.... Yea that sounds like a failed song to me ^.^'

Guess I'll move on to that (hopefully) more subtle song... Might want to start by checking the list to make sure I don't start with a song that was already mixed..

GIRakaCHEEZER said:
[Edit]: Also @ wedge and Kuro, please don't tell me you listened to/judged from the youtube link. The main melody in the vid got messed up somehow when it was uploaded, making the slight effect-thing stand out WAY more than it should have.

I listened to the youtube version and I think with headphones can't remember. I do know that it sounded okay without them since I checked all three links today.... I don't know xD

Mar 25, 2010 at 4:09 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
KuroKun said:
uuhhhhh hmmm.... Yea that sounds like a failed song to me ^.^'

I'd wait till you get some more input from other people, personally. I am a bit cynical towards certain styles, and plus if you were to base your decision off the opinion of one person, well that just seems silly to me. Your choice, though.

Also can someone update/remake FrozenFire's list? If you're here jethawk, you might as well do it since you're the leader. I don't care who does it myself.

God school is so boring...

Mar 25, 2010 at 4:36 PM
graters gonna grate
Well, I also wasn't a big fan of your remix, Kuro, I mean it wasn't bad, but it didn't seem all that special either >_>. However, I think it's worth keeping. If at some point we decide to eliminate duplicate remixes, I would probably vote for keeping Gir's "Pillow of Fire" one, but we might not do that.

EDIT: also, starting this coming Monday, I will be gone from the forums for about a week. At the end of said week, I hope to have the improved version of "The Journey Goes On" (my two-piano medley) finished.

Mar 25, 2010 at 7:30 PM
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
I'd wait till you get some more input from other people, personally. I am a bit cynical towards certain styles, and plus if you were to base your decision off the opinion of one person, well that just seems silly to me. Your choice, though.

Even if there was some different answers to how my remix went. You still did a remix of it which is what I'm trying to avoid.

Mar 25, 2010 at 10:32 PM
"Huzzah!"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
...can someone update/remake FrozenFire's list? ...
I just added your "Egg No 00" song and KuroKun's unnamed song to the list (on page 34, if anyone forgot). Everything is up-to-date, as I said I would be doing. :(

Even though I'm taking a break from remixing, I do check here every so often. Though I have been a little busy using my free time to make various Zelda sprites and to work on a Zelda fan game (uses a Cave Story style Link character FTW), so I haven't check here for a little over a week or so. I'll be checking up on this enough to keep the list update , so don't worry... :D BE HAPPY! :D

Apr 14, 2010 at 2:30 AM
Creating A Legacy...
Hows Progress People?
Anything New?

Apr 14, 2010 at 12:09 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Wtf!! Are you talking about!!

Apr 14, 2010 at 2:08 PM
graters gonna grate
Lolwut? What just happened? Me confused :)