Cave Story on Nintendo Switch

Jun 22, 2017 at 11:19 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Thanks for warning me not to order on amazon, andwhy.
I cancelled my amazon order, then rushed into Gamestop to get a copy.
Good News: I got it early enough to get all the bonuses, including the keychain.
Also Good News: I got the quote keychain, just what I was hoping for. (I'll still pay for a Curly or balrog keychain though, just to have all. But not $30. They are going for that much on ebay.)

Bad news: I don't have a Switch yet but am getting one for Christmas. So I gotta wait 6 months to play it.

Also, switch cartridges don't even taste that bad. And yes I licked the label.
The manual also smells good.

Edit: Wow a mini-CD. Haven't seen one of those since 2001. (Gamecube) The Famitracks are pretty good. Sadly theres only 14 of them though. And File Explorer says they were put on the CD in 1994? O.O

Edit 2:
Balrog is very rare

he has like a 1 in 12 chance of being in the box, judging by the Nicalis Twitter
Link to the post? I hope they are all equally skewed, or it wouldn't be fair.
Also, did anyone get their copy signed? I didn't, sadly...

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2017 at 1:33 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Saw a screenshot of someone stacking it to 5 but I only managed to get a maximum of two.
We are talking about jellyfish juice, not puppies. You can stack up to 5 puppies and carry up to 2 jellyfish juice containers at once. I think you are getting confused.

Jun 23, 2017 at 3:17 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
So I noticed this when I very first got it, but didn't say anything because I couldn't upload photos. My Quote has a smudge on his scarf. I tried to wash it off with water, which didn't work, and made most of the smell of the manual go away. I also had a crack on the circle where Quote was, but I think it's intentional. That way you could take him off if you wanted. (You would still have the little thing he hangs on though, so it might not be. Just look at the picture and you'll know what I'm talking about.)

So, I've made a little Dropbox thing for people who can't get the game. Images of all of the stuff in the box is under 'Preorder' individual pictures for each page under 'Manual'. Sorry about some of the photos being tilted, I was taking some of them in landscape. I also added a .zip folder called 'CSFamitracks.zip'. It's a rip of everything on the mini-CD. Enjoy!

[The offer is still up for buying some of the goodies. I mainly want a Curly and Balrog keychain, but others would be nice as well. Message me and maybe we can work something out. :)]

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2017 at 3:25 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
One keychain is not more rare than the other two. They're all equal in quantity.

Jun 23, 2017 at 5:34 PM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Cheers, you fucking legend!

P.S. You didn't rip the famitracks properly. They're all 44 byte CDA files that don't contain anything. You just ripped the header files.
I ripped them, but I'm not gonna upload them here. It's not hard to do, and it only has 13 tracks, and they thought yamashita farm was more important than the last cave.

Jun 23, 2017 at 8:16 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
When i get a switch, this is gonna be my first game... besides 1 2 switch (because it comes with it i think).
1 2 switch doesn't come with the console unless you buy a bundle. But yeah buy cave story + for the switch.

Jun 23, 2017 at 11:41 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Ever since I heard that Cave Story was going to be on the switch I internally screetched. I want a switch so bad!

Jun 24, 2017 at 4:34 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Apparently you don't have to talk to Curly twice to get the Iron Bond in the switch version. Given the number of times I have saved Curly only to forget the Iron Bond and backtrack through last cave this is a pretty neat addition. Plus there is also a block that stops the water currents from making you overshoot the house in the waterway.

@zxin: The famitracks soundtrack is the soundtrack built in famitracker. Effectively it is a NES version of the soundtrack. If this isn't your thing then there are three other soundtracks you can switch between.

Jun 25, 2017 at 2:12 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I will be selling my dignity and this keychain for a Curly Brace keychain
upload_2017-6-24_18-12-9.png

Jun 28, 2017 at 10:53 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
If I'm reading everything right, the game itself comes with the famitrack soundtrack that plays during... well, playing the game? It's not just a disc addition for fun?

Jun 28, 2017 at 11:10 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
That's correct.

Jul 2, 2017 at 3:59 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Has anybody figured out what's going on with that "fourth ending" supposedly in this version? I've looked quite a bit and have yet to see any sign of this fabled ending, even though it was mentioned in an official promotional blurb from the marketing.

Jul 2, 2017 at 4:09 AM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Mimiga Mask ending is probably what they were talking about.

Jul 2, 2017 at 7:11 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Yes, it is supposed to be that. However it is not really an ending, and this is one of the many lies in the CS+ blurb.

I forgot about the many other lies, can you tell me more?