Cave Story+ Needs You! (Again...) ( ^ _ ^ )

Nov 2, 2012 at 10:22 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Do the leaderboards still not work for anyone else? I wonder what the issue is.
Yeah, they're still broken for me, too. I wonder if our best times are even getting submitted, hopefully when this is fixed our best runs will be up.

Nov 3, 2012 at 12:38 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
*Blink Blink* How long have I not noticed the update? I just found out this morning. Anyway, I love the title screen updates. You can actually change the music and the icon now. (Although the dominant one is Sue, which I don't understand since Sue was the hardest one to get in the original CS) You can listen to the remastered or "New" version of the soundtrack without having to google it now. (Have the song you want on, then switch the music option) Aside from that, I took a brief look at the machine gun challenge and it seems fairly easy, but all the other challenges are harder, so it makes for a nice return for those who aren't fully used to the controls.

Nov 11, 2012 at 12:56 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yay! My pet peeves were fixed! Remastered music is in with mac version, and timer reset bug has been fixed! Thank you! :)

I guess, I could also say that the replays seem to always be "out of sync" or something (*1. And sometimes the score upload errors on first try, but usually it goes without hitch when I select retry.

(*1 Educated guess: the replay saves only player inputs and actions by active elements (unless they are deterministic) in world, and for some reason something goes off sync at some point and then the player movements are rather non-sensical from that point of forward. However, for me it seems to always happen at the very beginning, always. Like, not getting through the energy beam door in the weapon select screen before Sanctuary even starts.