Cave Story: Jenka's Nightmare

Aug 9, 2007 at 11:15 AM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Ledgem said:
Ok, seriously, the gaudskateers are IMPOSSIBLE! >8U I go in fully powered up but there is just NO way to beat them... There are FAR too many projectiles all around, and that alone makes it hard to beat them (especially with the lack of them droping items, though with the amount, there would be a lot of items...) those spinning things around the room frustrate things, but really, it's mostly the fact that my weapons are either the bubbler which isn't THAT good at stopping the boomerangs and loses any worth after one hit, the missiles which while usefull are VERY limmited, and the fireball, which is the only thing that even works at HARMING them properly, but leaves you completely open and can easily fail if a stray fireball gets loose. Theres just NO way to beat that boss safely, and it was a complete fluke I managed to get three of them down that one time (seeing as out of my 30 or more attempts have gotten one down if I was lucky). Either I'm doing something horribly wrong, missed something important (and the sword is an OPTIONAL item, and rather hard to find since I didn't know it existed) or this boss is just WAY too hard.
Well, you gotta figure out which one takes damage. The first fcrom the left takes the ddamage in the start of the fight.

There is a blade? I know i missed a treasure chest in SZ, but i never expected to find the blade in it. Also, I thought monster X was just a joke. I didn't know he was serious with the Critter Juice. I skipped him. All you need to do is work your way to the start of Labyrinth and run right.

Aug 9, 2007 at 12:17 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Wait, the guys have to be killed in order? No wonder this is so bloody hard.. They all clump up together, and it takes forever to kill them because they're immune to damage cept one... I've come close to winning TWICE now, but out of all my attempts, it's just a fluke if I manage it... Really, I can't win against them... I completely forgot about my life potion though, and that's probably why I managed to almost beat them a second time (brought down to one) but it's STILL hard as hell...

Aug 9, 2007 at 1:51 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Ledgem said:
Wait, the guys have to be killed in order? No wonder this is so bloody hard.. They all clump up together, and it takes forever to kill them because they're immune to damage cept one... I've come close to winning TWICE now, but out of all my attempts, it's just a fluke if I manage it... Really, I can't win against them... I completely forgot about my life potion though, and that's probably why I managed to almost beat them a second time (brought down to one) but it's STILL hard as hell...

i just sat at the top and kept firing with the flamer and i didnt relise until it took 5 mins to kill one that they had separate healths...
but i still just did the same thing anyway :D :D

but that was a long time ago

Aug 9, 2007 at 2:06 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
How the hell could you just sit there for five minutes? and up WHERE? I've STILL not beaten it, and my attempts HAVE to be in above 50 by now. It's friggen IMPOSSIBLE! Those stupid spinner things make you have to keep moving, and with all those bloody boomerangs moving is suicidal god... I spam missiles in the begining to try and kill the first one but half the time it gets into the clump and then I just waisted all my missiles and nothings happened. The fireball is worthless at low level, and the bubbler isn't made for bosses, which makes it even once you get down to ONE of them you don't have the fire arms to deal with it properly and it's STILL easy to die. I CAN'T be the only one finding this guy impossible to beat. Everyone was saying how easy they were in this topic, HOW THE HELL IS THIS EASY! I'm almost willing to bloody CHEAT this is so frustrating! God damnit either this boss is too hard or something REALLY friggen well hidden is the key to beating these guys (and I mean within the boss fight, not a hidden item). The rest of this game is challenging, and fun, but this is NOT fun, this is just Stupid hard.

Aug 9, 2007 at 3:21 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Where is ID card, and ????? juice for monster X?

Aug 9, 2007 at 6:51 PM
"Huzzah!"
Ledgem: I remember that fight vividly, 'cause I remember "breaking" it. Somehow (by jumping, boosting, or something) I was able to jump out of the pit completely on the left side and rained down fireballs until they died. Sounds like Xristos did the same, so it wasn't just a fluke on our parts. Yes, it may seem very cheap, but those guys are bloody impossible otherwise from what I hear. :D

Aug 10, 2007 at 1:18 AM
I hope that works... You know, maybe ift there was a save right next to it I'd get slightly less frustrated. It's basically luck, but I HAVE almost beaten them a few times, a life potion shouldn't be a REQUIREMENT to beat a boss... REALLY hope that glitch works... Unless it's was intentional because the creator is just THAT sinister...

AND I have no clue what this "glitch" is... I went on each side and boosted as much as I could, and found nothing... THere ARE two platforms with spikes on the RIGHT side, but I couldn't even reach them to get hit by them... *sigh*

Aug 10, 2007 at 7:14 AM
Respwnt
Ledgem said:
I hope that works... You know, maybe ift there was a save right next to it I'd get slightly less frustrated. It's basically luck, but I HAVE almost beaten them a few times, a life potion shouldn't be a REQUIREMENT to beat a boss... REALLY hope that glitch works... Unless it's was intentional because the creator is just THAT sinister...

AND I have no clue what this "glitch" is... I went on each side and boosted as much as I could, and found nothing... THere ARE two platforms with spikes on the RIGHT side, but I couldn't even reach them to get hit by them... *sigh*
That guy's using an older version. Mr. Modder fixed that glitch ages ago. Guess you gotta fight them with nothing but skill, heh heh.

Aug 10, 2007 at 8:44 AM
Skill is almost worthless in that battle. You have to PRAY those boomerangs land in ways that are actually possible to avoid (it's worse then those arcade games) and HOPE you're hitting the right guy, and when they all huddle to together you get rarely get a hit, and the only thing that hits powerfully in a single shot is the missile launcher, that that stuff is rather limmited and not garanteed to deal any damage at all ANYWAY due to how lucky you have to be hitting one of four identicle monsters huddled up together, and thats ignoring the thousands of boomerangs which block missiles anyway. Those spinners don't help either. How many people have actually beaten this boss normally anyway (that means WITHOUT the glitch).

Aug 10, 2007 at 11:57 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
What do you do with the thing you get behind the "Panel" in Malco's Place???

Aug 10, 2007 at 1:10 PM
Respwnt
Ledgem said:
Skill is almost worthless in that battle. You have to PRAY those boomerangs land in ways that are actually possible to avoid (it's worse then those arcade games) and HOPE you're hitting the right guy, and when they all huddle to together you get rarely get a hit, and the only thing that hits powerfully in a single shot is the missile launcher, that that stuff is rather limmited and not garanteed to deal any damage at all ANYWAY due to how lucky you have to be hitting one of four identicle monsters huddled up together, and thats ignoring the thousands of boomerangs which block missiles anyway. Those spinners don't help either. How many people have actually beaten this boss normally anyway (that means WITHOUT the glitch).
Me.

And you don't have to use the launcher from the start. Take one down with fireball and it's easier to use launcher later with less chances of missing.

It's not sheer luck. You keep getting better and better at every try. That definitely means its got skill involved.

Aug 10, 2007 at 1:42 PM
Well, if you can manuver well enough you can last longer, but it's possibly the hardest thing I've ever had to face in a game besides the thunderbird in zelda 2. I've gotten close myself but my attempts have escalated to a rather high number and if it wasn't largely luck based I'm sure I'd have beaten it by now. :D

Aug 10, 2007 at 1:50 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
Ledgem said:
How the hell could you just sit there for five minutes?

this is what i remember how it looked unless he changed the mod since i last played

send me your save and i will video myself doing it... unless i mess it up :D

Attachments

• Rough.JPG
    Rough.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 190
Aug 10, 2007 at 2:44 PM
God I did it... Actually having a strategy helped a bit... Finally.. there better be a bloody save REALLY near by... It took everything and a life potion to beat them...

I'm also now at the end of this current version now. Really annoying how you can get back to genesis sky, but be unable to get out after, what with the sword and that bomb item (though I'm not sure what it's for...). I got to Oblivion, where it basically destroyed the old farm, and from there I found a bunch of doors that lead to various areas ALL impossible to get back from, cept one (i.e. they lead to places between genesis sky and genesis sand). Some of the original game is still in there too, but "the sisters" was eddited a bit, but I can't get any further. Oh yeah, the "save" room leads to genesis water in the egg place.

Aug 12, 2007 at 3:27 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Can someone please tell me where the blade and fireball in detail? I just started over the game in hopes of finding them, seeing as with only the bubbler and missiles there's no way I'll win against the Gauska-teers.

Aug 12, 2007 at 6:45 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Roonil Wazlib said:
Ours was different. Download the new version.

different?? that would be shit then
:D

well i have the new version since he released genisis

but i dont have a save at the gauditeers so i need that
because im not starting it again just to see that bit

Aug 12, 2007 at 10:20 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Roonil Wazlib said:
ll post 1 soon l0l
good thank you :D

i wanna see if it's really that hard :D