Cave Story GB Port

Mar 1, 2024 at 4:37 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Please don't. Also i think im cursed to get notifications from this post forever.

Mar 3, 2024 at 12:41 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Really thinking about adding some petty crap where if you get the bad ending your save gets deleted
I don’t remember if this happens in the original game or not, so I’m probably just making myself sound like a fool by saying this
As stated by Serri it doesn't do this in CS for any of the endings, and yeah not a good idea. I personally pretty much always side with never punishing the player for things they don't know about. Bad endings in videogames that suddenly end the game partway through where you can easily revert and choose a different path were specifically designed to be that way, as opposed to branched-path endings where the amount of content is the same.
Not gonna sugarcoat it but, I'm surprised nobody's done that yet with Cave Story.

Also Pixel's not that smart with his own TSC, so that doesn't happen in the game at all. Not even in the ports!
Not quite the same (maybe even a step further) but my mod BlargoDX: Death of Blargo ends with the aforementioned destruction of Blargo, which since the entire universe of the mod revolves around his existence it crashes the mod (through a forced buffer overrun with the error text edited) and hardlocks the mod to never be opened again regardless of profile.dat. The entire .exe itself seemingly becomes corrupted as the universe was destroyed permanently (in actuality though you can just delete a newly created file and it'll reopen again).