Cave Story flash?!

Flash Animation: Serious or Silly?

• Total voters
Jun 27, 2009 at 9:23 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Captain Fabulous said:
Good, the original text is a good idea, but we still need someone to do Quote, and we need to write lines for him. A silent protagonist wouldn't make any sense in this animation. Yes, we will need to give him a personality, but it's a necessary sacrifice.

Errr... I really don't like the idea of Quote talking. It just seems too wierd. Quote doesn't talk in the game and changing that seems akward.

Jun 27, 2009 at 9:26 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I know, but wouldn't it be so much more awkward if he didn't say anything, and everyone else did? How will we have him interact with others? Not by miming. If you do that I quit. If you look at the script, there's quite a few places where Quote obviously replies, but it's just left out of the game. So how will Quote express his thoughts?

Jun 27, 2009 at 9:34 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Captain Fabulous said:
I know, but wouldn't it be so much more awkward if he didn't say anything, and everyone else did? How will we have him interact with others? Not by miming. If you do that I quit. If you look at the script, there's quite a few places where Quote obviously replies, but it's just left out of the game. So how will Quote express his thoughts?

Agh... we'd have to have a pretty darn good way to make it work though.
I honestly can't think of any other way to portray Quote's character other than silence. :/

Jun 27, 2009 at 9:37 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
I'd say go somewhere in the middle (Quote only talks when necessary). Anyway, I would help with the voices, but... well, some of you already heard me over Skype, to say the least.

Jun 27, 2009 at 9:39 PM
You could be the Doctor. He's not from the island, and there's nothing that says he isn't German Russian Czech European. I think you'd be good for the role.

Jun 27, 2009 at 9:40 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
A party conversation on Skype would be a good way to figure stuff out, but I don't want to do anything like that until we figure out who's all on board.

I was kind of hoping Jacob, SP, and a couple other members would help, too.

Jun 27, 2009 at 9:40 PM
This Troper
Really? I'd love to be the villain.

Jun 27, 2009 at 9:53 PM
Okay, your idea sounds solid, cerealkiller.
I was also going to suggest that we have Quote talk very little, but he needs to talk. I can't see any way around it. I'll sleep on it, and hopefully some wonderful way of solving this issue will come to me. Until then, we'll just wait to see who volunteers. It's not like we have to post the roles up here; everyone knows them.

Jun 27, 2009 at 9:54 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Captain Fabulous said:
Okay, your idea sounds solid, cerealkiller.
I was also going to suggest that we have Quote talk very little, but he needs to talk. I can't see any way around it. I'll sleep on it, and hopefully some wonderful way of solving this issue will come to me. Until then, we'll just wait to see who volunteers. It's not like we have to post the roles up here; everyone knows them.

Indeed.

*Side note*
Everytime I hit the "quote" button, I lol.

Jun 27, 2009 at 10:03 PM
This Troper
That means that it is awesome no matter what. To answer your question, CapFab: Awesome, no. Funny, heck yeah!

Jun 27, 2009 at 10:04 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Captain Fabulous said:
Awesome, y/y?

i pick yes,because that is just awesome.

T-Jack said:
That means that it is awesome no matter what. To answer your question, CapFab: Awesome, no. Funny, heck yeah!

how is that funny?its awesome.

Jun 27, 2009 at 10:31 PM
FYI we need a young teenager for Quote, or someone who sounds like one. I don't remember where I read this, but Quote's supposed to simulate a 14 year old.

Jun 27, 2009 at 10:37 PM
I'd like to audition for the role of Quote, actually. Besides, Jacob doesn't sound 14, and
He's not actually 13.

Jun 27, 2009 at 11:20 PM
For the auditions? Sounds good. Just don't be in a hurry to do this Flash series; I'm leaving for two weeks on Monday.