Cave Story FanArt

Nov 10, 2012 at 1:31 PM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
^^^^ Omg a God exists and he loves us

I would nominate this for post of the year if I could.

Nov 10, 2012 at 6:46 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Hey hey Noxid, there's fanart of King Story now.

p23798-0-tumblrmd59m1bqsc1qgomego1r21280.png

p23798-1-tumblrmd59m1bqsc1qgomego2r11280.png

p23798-2-tumblrmd59m1bqsc1qgomego31280.png

As usual same person over here

These are great, I'm so happy for you Noxid :3
I really like the artist too, imma have to start following him/her.

and also snipe an avatar for myself from something here

Nov 11, 2012 at 5:11 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Here's something I put together in Flash. Took me somewhere around 2 1/2 hours, but I'm really pleased with how it turned out!

p23809-0-toquotetheellipsisbyaaronanimatedd5kq84n.png

Nov 22, 2012 at 5:23 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
^ because you said you put it together in flash.. i thought... it was going to move.. lol
p23810-0-tumblrmdvgfd5ej01rbdbbpo1400.jpg

sorry its a cute idea but a shitty drawing but i feel so.. unconnected with the forums i feel like art is the only thing i can use as an excuse to post.. crying

Nov 23, 2012 at 9:17 AM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
^ because you said you put it together in flash.. i thought... it was going to move.. lol
p23810-0-tumblrmdvgfd5ej01rbdbbpo1400.jpg

sorry its a cute idea but a shitty drawing but i feel so.. unconnected with the forums i feel like art is the only thing i can use as an excuse to post.. crying

Adorabibl, I think it's a good drawing :3
And don't be afraid to post, we all had to start somewhere!

Anyways the 4chons just gave me this, I think it's just starting out but it looks pretty great.
http://mimiga-king.tumblr.com/
I literally cried a little at the end of the newest post, the feels like that are really what made me fall in love with this game in the first place

Nov 23, 2012 at 1:31 PM
"Huzzah!"
... the 4chons just gave me this, I think it's just starting out but it looks pretty great.
http://mimiga-king.tumblr.com/
I literally cried a little at the end of the newest post, the feels like that are really what made me fall in love with this game in the first place

Thanks for sharing that link, Yakkers. I love that story between Arthur and King. It really makes for a deeper connection between Arthur, King, and Toroko. Next time I play the game again, it will feel more special because of that. Good stuff.

Nov 25, 2012 at 5:36 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Whitepool's work inspired me to make a comic about King and Toroko. I'm not very good at comics, but I didn't want to give up on this one, since I've had the concept in my mind for awhile. I hope you enjoy it.

p23813-0-cavestoryafterlifebylelacrimed5m8c5i.png

Nov 25, 2012 at 5:37 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Nov 25, 2012 at 9:43 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
MY CRIES ALL OF IT
omg this is great...........................

Nov 26, 2012 at 12:37 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It's pretty good desu, but what's with king's eyes (and possibly toroko's, but I could accept her eyes being drawn like that). It looks sort of like you forgot to color his almost.

Nov 26, 2012 at 12:52 AM
daughter of chivalry
Did it on purpose. Their eyes are blank because they're DEEEEEEAAAAAAADDDD

Nov 26, 2012 at 4:24 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Desu, your artwork is really good! I like it a lot!

Before I read your last post about them being dead, I couldn't make up my mind about what exactly was happening in the comic. It sort of confused me at first, but then I realized that there was a lot of room for interpretation. All of a sudden the comic exploded with all sorts of rich possibilities and I found myself flooded with different ways to read the images: some angry, some frustrating, some longing, some sad, some hopeful. I figured that maybe King's eyes were the way that they were because he had them closed in each instance where you see his face. Perhaps the comic represented King's psyche. He had a nightmare where he remembered Toroko and began grieving over her loss, wishing that he would be able to see her again.

Since you've pointed out that the eyes represent their state beyond this mortal realm, though, another layer of meaning emerges—a bittersweet one that carries a glimmer of sadness because of their deaths, but is ultimately comforting with the knowledge that they are reunited together again. Perhaps they will even get to see Arthur again at the end of the tunnel? Imagine what a reunion that would be!

TL;DR: Great work. So many feels! I am moved in many ways.

Nov 26, 2012 at 4:43 AM
daughter of chivalry
You always leave the best artwork compliments :D

And yeah, that's what I was going for. I was actually considering putting Arthur in there, but I wanted to keep it short and sweet (also like I said, I can't do comics too well and wouldn't know how to depict it)

Nov 27, 2012 at 12:25 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
That Toroko is dangerous amounts of adorable

I love it

Dec 1, 2012 at 6:53 AM
"Huzzah!"
Inspired by that art Wild Desu!
This game should happen: King and Toroko go through the light, end up in some dangerous fantasy world (Mimiga heaven/hell/purgatory?), fight their way through it, and somehow end up gaining physical form while linking back to the island (or surface), mostly by the power of red-type!! ... and red-type is bio-tech that comes from refined red flowers and stuff. I just think that it would be cool to be King, to run around with a sword and slash at things (partly because I'm first a Zelda fan, and second, a Cave Story fan). Toroko would run around and be cute while King would kill everything with a sword (he'd have to find a new one in this new world).

Anyway, that's how art tends to inspire me; it makes me think of video game ideas. ;)

Edit: ZOOOMMMGOSH! And that means that Arthur could be there too!! :pignon2:

Dec 1, 2012 at 7:48 AM
daughter of chivalry
Lol I'm totally imagining Toroko as a guide. "WATCH OUT KING! Those enemies hurt you if you touch them!"

Dec 1, 2012 at 8:38 AM
"Huzzah!"
ROFL! You made my day with that.