Cave Story FanArt

Apr 28, 2011 at 6:33 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Cripplechair said:
Yeah, a lot like her "I AM FRUSTRATED" mugshot. Maybe exaggerate the mouth just a liiiittle more, since the eyes are partially covered by hair.

Hmm i had a look at that mug shot and came up with a improved one. I think ill draw this one in because it suits. Thanks guys for the help

MoreangryMisery.jpg

Apr 28, 2011 at 7:06 AM
A old relic from older days
"..."
Perfect! Sketchup looks good, go for it. Glad I could help. :mahin:

Apr 28, 2011 at 10:35 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Cripplechair said:
Perfect! Sketchup looks good, go for it. Glad I could help. :mahin:

There finally done
Newer version
Miseryfinalangrysmaller.jpg

Original
Miseryfinalsmaller-1.jpg
Annnd that should be it, ill stop spaming now ^^; sorry about that.

Apr 28, 2011 at 9:32 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I like how her body turned out.

Apr 29, 2011 at 5:50 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
diph.php

diph.php

Decided to take a swing at this fan art business. Lemme know what you guys think. Warning for the large size.

Apr 29, 2011 at 3:46 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I really like your art man :critter:
Quote looks really detailed and has a sense of emotion in that pic.

Just a little nit pick but allways thought the nemesis would be longer and narrower.. Just my interpretation though :p

Anyway good job! :)

Apr 29, 2011 at 10:10 PM
Been here way too long...
You put a lot of time into those guns O.o
On a semi-related note, I've always wondered how they, as energy based weapons, worked. The spur seemed easiest to think of an explanation for (think of a laser w/ both ends mirrored. to fire you just pop off one of the ends. it could also be a sweet grenade), but I'm sure the other weapons have reasonable ideas behind them too. Maybe there is a a very small deity who sits inside the nemesis.

Apr 30, 2011 at 12:47 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
JetHawk95 said:
I really like your art man :rolleyes:
Quote looks really detailed and has a sense of emotion in that pic.

Just a little nit pick but allways thought the nemesis would be longer and narrower.. Just my interpretation though :p

Anyway good job! :D

I was thinking of re-doing the Nemesis too. I wanted to go for something different for it so I decided to make it look a little machine-pistol like, added a mag, and made the operating system that of the Luger's toggle lock, blah blah blah, tl;dr.
I have no idea how to draw the new one, so if you guys have any suggestions for how it should look like, then by all means!

Apr 30, 2011 at 12:57 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
Lace said:
On a semi-related note, I've always wondered how they, as energy based weapons, worked.
I don't understand, do you mean how they are operated? With triggers?

Apr 30, 2011 at 4:20 AM
Do you really think I'm that dumb!? O.o
How they work - what mechanism causes the snake to function the way it does, what is the fireball made of, as it can't possibly be aprojectile (infinit ammo), that sorta thing. If you saw what I put in parens, you would have noticed how it wasn't about triggers or whatnot, but rather the system that would cause such a weapon as the spur to work.
Yeesh.

Apr 30, 2011 at 5:30 AM
My guess is as good as Gundam's. Something to do with E-Pacs, compression and reaction is good enough for me. As for how the Snake works, I'm assuming a phase shift in the atoms so the particles can pass through solid objects, and something about the energy that makes the projectile is "magnetically", for lack of a better word, charged, comes back together, and regains the shape of the beam with all the energy combined. tl;dr.

Edit: I got down to drawing the new Nemesis, and added a surprise for all you guys who care.
diph.php
First time ever drawing a female, so go easy on me. Yeah yeah, I know you can't see the eye with hair in the way, however, the picture just didn't make sense if you didn't see the entire eye. Once again, please excuse the horrid largeness of the image.

and a bonus, which I'm not too sure was already posted here.
diph.php
Cute little .gif. Presumably it goes with the event: "Jammed it into Curly's mouth."

Apr 30, 2011 at 1:43 PM
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
you forgot the rubber factory in the nemesis

Apr 30, 2011 at 4:44 PM
Vercci said:
you forgot the rubber factory in the nemesis

Damn! You're right!

Apr 30, 2011 at 6:53 PM
I found your gun drawings to be very difficult to fap to, however the small Curly drawing in the corner helped.

Also that gif is amazing and if someone doesn't put it in their signature I'm going to.

Apr 30, 2011 at 10:24 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
That is a very nice drawing of Misery.

May 1, 2011 at 6:28 AM
"..."
Captain Fabulous said:
I found your gun drawings to be very difficult to fap to, however the small Curly drawing in the corner helped.

Really? Was the other way around for me... I mean, c'mon, Curly is human, or at the very least looks like it. So bare-skinned and... ew.

Okay, but really. Those are some cool guns, they're very detailed and all look appropriate for what they are (e.g. bubbler has a bottle of bubble juice attached, etc). Though, is it just me, or do I spy a button on the pommel of the blade?

May 1, 2011 at 7:10 AM
Cripplechair said:
Really? Was the other way around for me... I mean, c'mon, Curly is human, or at the very least looks like it. So bare-skinned and... ew.

Okay, but really. Those are some cool guns, they're very detailed and all look appropriate for what they are (e.g. bubbler has a bottle of bubble juice attached, etc). Though, is it just me, or do I spy a button on the pommel of the blade?

Y'know, I got to thinking about that. What my mind said was that (because I stuck it on there for no reason) maybe it could be a switch or attachment point of some kind. I got this funny idea that King's Blade had a sister blade that was Arthur's. Hook two blades up and you got yourself a double blade and your obligatory blade combo move.

May 1, 2011 at 7:27 AM
"..."
Hmm.... interesting thought, though I personally wouldn't trust a docking point that small to hold onto an object that could potentially slip off and stab me in the face. As for a switch, I can't imagine what it could possibly activate, because other than the button in question, it looks like low-tech melee weapon whose sole purpose is to rip rip stabby stabby slashy slashy. Cripple likey likey when the red water goes gushy gushy...