Cave Story+ Beta Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2011 at 3:36 AM
inside is yello
"..."
Re: Cave Story+

Keon said:
They might if they get picked. If they don't, then yes. If there are picked, they might make a few more posts.

Are you kidding me, we'll be lucky if they even report bugs if they're chosen.

Sep 14, 2011 at 3:49 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."

I had the unfortunate timing of signing up a few days before the thread was made, long time lurker though. That doesn't really account for much in a sea of post count though does it? This thread can easily damage the genuineness of new members because as mentioned "free ride" is the first thing that shot through the mind. I like picking programs apart bit by bit and have done so for another game for over a year now; reporting a problem into a bug tracker is a very fulfilling feeling considering a contribution that can actually lead to a fix.

I can't see the PC release needing too much polish. It will likely have many all-or-nothing overarching issues if any at all.

"Are you kidding me, we'll be lucky if they even report bugs if they're chosen."

That's in general the advantage of private betas (closed) because only those who care enough about the finished product sign up. Open betas are good for a wider crowd to sample from, but are much more prone to bandwagon "get it early" antics. So far this beta seems more of the open variety, but has elements of a closed one if not everyone is selected.

Sep 14, 2011 at 3:57 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"

In my opinion, the real new members will become evident when they keep posting after the testing is done. Just keep posting, and I don't think that this thread will ruin things.

Sep 14, 2011 at 3:58 AM
inside is yello
"..."

Keon said:
In my opinion, the real new members will become evident when they keep posting after the testing is done. Just keep posting, and I don't think that this thread will ruin things.

Actually, you joined around the time of this being introduced, who's to say that you're not one of them.

Sep 14, 2011 at 4:04 AM

I am one of them. If you look at my post count, I am a new member. If you look at my join date, I am a new member. So, if I keep posting after, I will consider myself not just joining for a free copy of cave story +. That is what I intend to do.

Sep 14, 2011 at 4:10 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

Keon said:

I don't see how getting an influx of Cave Story fans could possibly hurt anything, regardless of how long they stay. It's not like an account with 5 posts is going to lower the quality of the forums any more than an account with 593 posts. Well, I suppose if you all want to keep this place quiet and underground, then new members would be a problem, but that is a silly thing to want because we can all see the stagnation.

I was just observing this thread's effect on our member quantity, not implying that Nicalis has doomed us all to an eternal September.

Also Episode One Racer is a great game.

Shimmyzmizz has a point, although it's exaggerated. New members may just be looking for an early copy of Cave Story+, although why they'd want to play a buggy game is a mystery.

Sep 14, 2011 at 4:15 AM
inside is yello
"..."

Captain Fabulous said:
I don't see how getting an influx of Cave Story fans could possibly hurt anything, regardless of how long they stay. It's not like an account with 5 posts is going to lower the quality of the forums any more than an account with 593 posts. Well, I suppose if you all want to keep this place quiet and underground, then new members would be a problem, but that is a silly thing to want because we can all see the stagnation.

I was just observing this thread's effect on our member quantity, not implying that Nicalis has doomed us all to an eternal September.

Also Episode One Racer is a great game.

Shimmyzmizz has a point, although it's exaggerated. New members may just be looking for an early copy of Cave Story+, although why they'd want to play a buggy game is a mystery.

'ey Minecraft has bugs, and lots of people play it.

I know, I know, much different scale.

I don't know, maybe they get some sort of happy feeling from testing.

Sep 14, 2011 at 5:26 AM

Hey! That piston duplication glitch wasn't a glitch! It was put there by Herobrine! As were all other glitches. Thus, Minecraft has no glitches. And I owe my full chest of Diamond Blocks to Herobrine. But anyways. I was wondering, how much buggyness are we talking in the steam version? Almost-Releasable, or Crash-Every-5-Seconds?

Sep 17, 2011 at 11:44 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator

So, back on topic....

When's Tyrone going to get back to us on PC testers? Or has he already and it's currently being done in secret?!?!

Sep 17, 2011 at 11:48 PM
squidward
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"

What are you talking about? I've been testing it since Wednesday. :sue:

Sep 17, 2011 at 11:51 PM

He probably looked at the thread, saw 100 new posts, and went "Aw fuck it I'll get my mom to do it."

Sep 18, 2011 at 12:39 AM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"

GIRakaCHEEZER said:
So, back on topic....

I was waiting for someone to say that. Now this is just my paranoia talking, but you guys have confirmed this is the real Tyrone, right?

Sep 18, 2011 at 12:40 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Unless somebody has hijacked his account then yes, pretty sure it is.

Sep 18, 2011 at 12:50 AM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"

Shimmyzmizz said:
It seems weird that he would only distribute it to one person, and not even the first to volunteer at that.

Unless someone else has it and isn't talking.

Or he just needed testing for Sasufaka's specific computer specs.

Or maybe Safusaka's playing you like a fife.

Sep 18, 2011 at 1:11 AM

Hahaha.
To be young and gullible again.

Sep 19, 2011 at 11:10 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"

Hey guys (and gals?),

Sorry I've been away. I wanted to have Noxid get in touch with me with the final list players interested in beta testing CS+, we'll be ready with builds I think by the end of this week.

So in recap, I'll need names, e-mail(s) and system specs.

Noxid, if you don't mind e-mailing me with the list then I can put you in touch with our assistant producer who will handle all the details with you.

-ty

Sep 19, 2011 at 11:26 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
This can be done. Sorry for misinterpreting the request before..

If anybody who signed up could please send me a PM ASAP with the requisite information (name (if desired) and e-mail address) so I can get the list put together as soon as possible, that'd be great. You don't need to re-send me your specs because I'll go back and find them earlier on this thread.

If you can't use PMs, then please send an e-mail to the address on my profile and I'll receive that just as easily. Of course, if you use e-mail please include your forum name so I can link you to the specs posted earlier.

Thanks!

Sep 20, 2011 at 2:48 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."

Noxid said:
This can be done. Sorry for misinterpreting the request before..

If anybody who signed up could please send me a PM ASAP with the requisite information (name (if desired) and e-mail address) so I can get the list put together as soon as possible, that'd be great. You don't need to re-send me your specs because I'll go back and find them earlier on this thread.

If you can't use PMs, then please send an e-mail to the address on my profile and I'll receive that just as easily. Of course, if you use e-mail please include your forum name so I can link you to the specs posted earlier.

Thanks!

Your status as PB public relations has been cemented :D

Sep 20, 2011 at 2:52 AM

May I ask what "PB" is?

Status
Not open for further replies.