Cave Story+ Beta Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 23, 2011 at 2:00 AM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Join Date: Sep 20, 2011
Location: Rialto
Posts: 337
Age: 27
CommanderJersey said:
I've been playin on easy cause I'm lazy:critter:

Eh, so how is the game anyway? Get any achievements?
 
Oct 23, 2011 at 2:03 AM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
Join Date: May 9, 2011
Location:
Posts: 350
Age: 26
JonSpider said:
Eh, so how is the game anyway? Get any achievements?

I get acheivements every time I beat Balrog and that makes me happy:balrog:
 
Oct 23, 2011 at 2:07 AM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Join Date: Sep 20, 2011
Location: Rialto
Posts: 337
Age: 27
CommanderJersey said:
I get acheivements every time I beat Balrog and that makes me happy:balrog:

Good to know, does Balrog retain his classic "Huzzah!" to satisfy the more petty fans?
 
Oct 23, 2011 at 2:08 AM
inside is yello
"..."
Join Date: Jun 21, 2011
Location:
Posts: 363
JonSpider said:
Good to know, does Balrog retain his classic "Huzzah!" to satisfy the more petty fans?

I'm pretty sure I heard a "No" on that somewhere.
 
Oct 23, 2011 at 2:10 AM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
Join Date: May 9, 2011
Location:
Posts: 350
Age: 26
JonSpider said:
Good to know, does Balrog retain his classic "Huzzah!" to satisfy the more petty fans?

I'm puttin that in the bugs that need to be fixed.
 
Oct 23, 2011 at 2:14 AM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Join Date: Sep 20, 2011
Location: Rialto
Posts: 337
Age: 27
CommanderJersey said:
I'm puttin that in the bugs that need to be fixed.

For that one report you will be credited for saving the developers a lot of time reading mail from fans demanding them to patch the game because of that game-breaking bug.
 
Oct 23, 2011 at 2:20 AM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
Join Date: May 9, 2011
Location:
Posts: 350
Age: 26
Done.
I have just saved the lives of all the nicalis employes from being attacked by rabid fans.
I am a hero:orangebell:
 
Oct 23, 2011 at 2:21 AM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Join Date: Sep 20, 2011
Location: Rialto
Posts: 337
Age: 27
CommanderJersey said:
Done.
I have just saved the lives of all the nicalis employes from being attacked by rabid fans.
I am a hero:orangebell:

"You deserve a medal!"
- The TF2 Soldier
 
Oct 23, 2011 at 3:04 AM
Senior Member
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Join Date: Aug 25, 2011
Location:
Posts: 154
Also waiting on a reply myself. Unless I gave used the wrong email address on my response.
 
Oct 23, 2011 at 3:19 AM
inside is yello
"..."
Join Date: Jun 21, 2011
Location:
Posts: 363
Yay! Response get for me. Oh, I have to reply? M'kay, done. *Goes back to constantly refreshing e-mail*
 
Oct 23, 2011 at 3:21 AM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Join Date: Sep 20, 2011
Location: Rialto
Posts: 337
Age: 27
Shimmyzmizz said:
Yay! Response get for me. Oh, I have to reply? M'kay, done. *Goes back to constantly refreshing e-mail*

Waiting for my response from Tyrone, good luck man.
 
Oct 23, 2011 at 3:24 AM
Senior Member
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Join Date: Aug 25, 2011
Location:
Posts: 154
JonSpider said:
Waiting for my response from Tyrone, good luck man.

Maybe he doesn't quite get that by coming here he is essentially our god.
 
Oct 23, 2011 at 3:25 AM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Join Date: Sep 7, 2011
Location: IT'S TIME FOR A SHAQDOWN
Posts: 539
JonSpider said:
Good to know, does Balrog retain his classic "Huzzah!" to satisfy the more petty fans?
CommanderJersey said:
I'm puttin that in the bugs that need to be fixed.
Is it really that much of a problem? I think the original catchphrase was some Japanese war call cry.

Shimmyzmizz said:
Yay! Response get for me. Oh, I have to reply? M'kay, done. *Goes back to constantly refreshing e-mail*
You may have to wait a while. I got my email several hours ago, replied, and am still waiting for a response.
 
Oct 23, 2011 at 3:32 AM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Join Date: Sep 20, 2011
Location: Rialto
Posts: 337
Age: 27
Re: Cave Story+

tyrone said:
If you've expressed interested in beta testing Cave Story+ and you've given your info to Noxid, please check your e-mail. I've send out details regarding beta testing and how you can get your beta code to start playing the game.

Thanks!
ty

Wait, is the info he is talking about is our Comp. specs? I'm getting confused. So many pages, so little time to read them all. Really hope I didn't mess-up on trying to enter the beta.....
 
Oct 23, 2011 at 4:17 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: Aug 28, 2009
Location: The Purple Zone
Posts: 5998
JonSpider said:
Wait, is the info he is talking about is our Comp. specs? I'm getting confused. So many pages, so little time to read them all. Really hope I didn't mess-up on trying to enter the beta.....

The initial application phase happened like a month ago
 
Oct 23, 2011 at 4:24 AM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Join Date: Sep 20, 2011
Location: Rialto
Posts: 337
Age: 27
Noxid said:
The initial application phase happened like a month ago

I should've been a member here earlier. Ah well, enjoy that Beta-goodness.
 
Oct 23, 2011 at 4:37 AM
Senior Member
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Join Date: Aug 25, 2011
Location:
Posts: 154
JonSpider said:
I should've been a member here earlier. Ah well, enjoy that Beta-goodness.

Those not in the know think beta is a fun private exclusive club where only a few people get all the secretz and stuff.

Truth is, you have to deal with very very repetitive and mundane trials such as crashes and dead save files, and potentially computer-damaging code execution (rare but it exists in early builds).

Trying absolutely everything any player MIGHT try even if they likely won't is also part of it. Sure, a player may talk to X but what happens when he or she doesn't and moves on, thus never setting flag Y? Things of that nature. And they stack up :(
 
Oct 23, 2011 at 4:45 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: May 6, 2009
Location: somewhere new
Posts: 2135
Age: 29
seren said:
Maybe he doesn't quite get that by coming here he is essentially our god.

Essentially your god, sir.

Pixel has a firm grasp on that position for me, I'd thank you to keep your opinions to the first person singular.

Regards,
BAOowhAIWHb
 
Oct 23, 2011 at 4:48 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: May 28, 2008
Location: PMMM MMO
Posts: 3713
Age: 32
This game is so buggy that I don't even think they did a whole run through themselves before releasing it to us. It's pretty well impossible to get through the whole game with the new music due to the memory leak associated with it.

Also I beat the game on easy, but my save is corrupted now (and I've tried very hard to fix it) :(
 
Oct 23, 2011 at 4:54 AM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Join Date: Sep 20, 2011
Location: Rialto
Posts: 337
Age: 27
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
This game is so buggy that I don't even think they did a whole run through themselves before releasing it to us. It's pretty well impossible to get through the whole game with the new music due to the memory leak associated with it.

Also I beat the game on easy, but my save is corrupted now (and I've tried very hard to fix it) :(

Does that mean we were lab rats the whole time? Or was the entire testing team in reality just us? :cool:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top