Cave Story: Ashes to Ashes

Dec 31, 2007 at 9:50 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Mr Montmorency said:
To be frank, we need project members who could code at least half of the time. We need boss coders, advanced coders and some people who know how to sprite effectively.

If any of you have the time... we do too.
Ah, I see. I'm not to fond of doing other people's work for them in such a direct manner.
Not when there's barely any time for my own projects, CS related or otherwise.
If you happen to have any questions on CS modding, though, they will be answered.

Have you tried using CaveEditor instead of Sue's Workshop? It might be easier to use. (I haven't actually done any real editing with it yet, so I wouldn't know)

Dec 31, 2007 at 10:17 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Shi deleted my post. XD

As far as I'm concerned, I just won the argument. I don't mean the last post, though. I deleted that one myself, but he’s even admitted that he deleted the one before it wherein I mentioned that it doesn't matter how original his Mod is if it's poor, among other things. Why did I "win?" Because what real reason would he have other than the fact that he can't find a way to argue back?

Dec 31, 2007 at 10:23 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You happy troll? Kk, then leave me alone, I don't care about you.

Dec 31, 2007 at 10:34 PM
S. P. Gardebiter said:
You happy troll? Kk, then leave me alone, I don't care about you.

And yet you take the time to write me back every single time. You seem to be so very resolute in making me know you don’t care about me.

Jan 1, 2008 at 12:18 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Kageryushin said:
And yet you take the time to write me back every single time. You seem to be so very resolute in making me know you don’t care about me.
If this troubles you so, perhaps you should, oh I don't know, STOP PROVOKING HIM THEN. Oh how strange that somebody would respond to something when they are directly adressed, whoda thunkit?

Seriously though you've done little more than troll since you got here. Not everybody is out to get you, heck, nobody freakin' knows you. (And no Megalotz doesn't count since he's just spamming anyway.) Perhaps you would feel less prejudiced against if you stopped drawing attention to yourself, yes? SP deleted your post because it was most likely just more brutish trolling, which is, strangely enough, his job as a mod. So unless you want to end up banned, here's a hint: Stop acting like you're better than everybody else, stop posting to give yourself attention, and stop fucking attacking the few members who have been here for less time than you have.

Happy new year :D

Jan 1, 2008 at 1:12 AM
DoubleThink said:
If this troubles you so, perhaps you should, oh I don't know, STOP PROVOKING HIM THEN. Oh how strange that somebody would respond to something when they are directly adressed, whoda thunkit?

Seriously though you've done little more than troll since you got here. Not everybody is out to get you, heck, nobody freakin' knows you. (And no Megalotz doesn't count since he's just spamming anyway.) Perhaps you would feel less prejudiced against if you stopped drawing attention to yourself, yes? SP deleted your post because it was most likely just more brutish trolling, which is, strangely enough, his job as a mod. So unless you want to end up banned, here's a hint: Stop acting like you're better than everybody else, stop posting to give yourself attention, and stop fucking attacking the few members who have been here for less time than you have.

Happy new year :D

If he didn’t care in the first place he wouldn’t have even responded to the post at all. Frankly, it doesn’t trouble me, in fact, it’s just feeding me more because he’s giving into my petty insults.

Hell, no one is out to get me here, frankly. I don’t feel discriminated against at all. I assume you’re getting it from that one post where I responded to Roonil Wazlib and acted apprehensive. I thought that this display was clearly overdramatic so as to not be taken seriously, like most of my posts shouldn’t, but I guess I was wrong. I’ll touch it up as to make it less ambiguous…

I’d like to mention that brutish trolling and harshly sharing a valid side of an argument are two different things. I did not once insult Shi during the entire post. Never. If there’s another reason, I’d enjoy seeing it.

I don’t act like I’m better than everyone else, in fact, I only really think I’m better than maybe one person here. I only ever chastise people for their stupidity and brainless delusions. Also, I don’t just attack the people who’ve been here for a shorter time than me, but by now you should realize that, seeing as how I’m gutsy enough to go after Shi.

Happy New Year to you as well! I’m sure we wouldn’t be arguing had you not intervened on Shi’s behalf.

Jan 1, 2008 at 1:48 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Kageryushin said:
If he didn’t care in the first place he wouldn’t have even responded to the post at all. Frankly, it doesn’t trouble me, in fact, it’s just feeding me more because he’s giving into my petty insults.
So are you admitting you're trolling or what :|

Kageryushin said:
I’d like to mention that brutish trolling and harshly sharing a valid side of an argument are two different things.
This is true, but why is there a need to do it harshly? Surely it is entirely more plausible and appropriate to conduct conversation civilly as a rule, rather than make it seem that you're needlessly angry or that you're attacking someone?

Kageryushin said:
I did not once insult Shi during the entire post. Never.
Kageryushin before that said:
Hypocrite.
Also:
Kageryushin said:
your existence is quite ironic
What the hell???

Kageryushin said:
I only ever chastise people for their stupidity and brainless delusions.
Or what YOU think are stupidity and brainless delusions, and really, that's not your place to do, especially considering how often you do it. You're not a mod. If people truly and morally offend you by posting something that you do not think is up to your intellectual caliber, and more to the point, is not in any way directed at you, then ffs just ignore it. The only person you're deluding by forcing youself into the conversation is yourself.

Kageryushin said:
Also, I don’t just attack the people who’ve been here for a shorter time than me,
You don't 'just'? So you're saying again that you are trolling? And that you should be free to attack anyone you want?

Kageryushin said:
but by now you should realize that, seeing as how I’m gutsy enough to go after Shi.
Going after a mod doesn't make you gutsy, that just makes you more likely to get banned. And your valiant 'attack' on SP was completely unprovoked, he was making a perfectly valid point and wasn't trying to be mean at all. You came totally out of the blue and flamed him for no good reason- prove ME wrong.

Seriously dude, if you're honestly not trying to be serious, then either make it clearer or tone it down a bit, because as far as I've seen, the only person who thinks you aren't being serious is yourself.

Jan 1, 2008 at 5:33 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
omg PLEASE don't make this into a flaming thread omg omg omg

*takes out arguement-extinguisher*

Jan 1, 2008 at 8:58 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Topic hijack without a topic hijack signal. Sighs.
---
Ah well, anyway, TSC is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. You refer to it, and type it into the map script. Whats so hard? I can't believe I once had trouble with it. :/

Jan 1, 2008 at 12:13 PM
Hoxtilicious
Going after a mod? And you're talking about us being stupid?
I already PM'd the admin, I don't know what he thinks about you. I'm not sure about this, but I rather say: Count yourself lucky if you won't get banned.

DoubleThink said:
SP deleted your post because it was most likely just more brutish trolling, which is, strangely enough, his job as a mod.

You made my day :D I lmfao'd.

b.t.w. I joined their project.

Jan 1, 2008 at 5:57 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Roonil Wazlib said:
*Ahm*

At Mr. Montmorency: How many others are working on the project?

5. Counting Gardebiter, of course.

Jan 1, 2008 at 10:26 PM
Pirate Member
So there's only one room, hm? I like the idea of your mod. Anyway, I was curious what was going out outside the room...And...well...I guess should've stayed at the mimiga's house lol.

p27316-0-modificationlol.png

Jan 2, 2008 at 5:06 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
You have an outdated version. We fixed that level ages back. Version 0.4 is out, play that.

Jan 2, 2008 at 7:58 AM
Justin-chan
Mind uploading it elsewhere other than RapidShare? RapidShare hates me and I can't download anything from it.

Jan 2, 2008 at 8:02 AM
What do you suggest? I don't know any others.

Jan 3, 2008 at 7:00 AM
Justin-chan
Thank you. Will be testing it out now.

Edit - Hm, some bugs.
1. You automatically teleport to Price's Chimney after getting the Booster 2.0. :/
2. Going out of the door which leads back to the village area leads you to the LockDown Box.

... And I decided to check your mod with CaveEditor, and guess what? Your mod is pretty screwed.

Starting Health - 2169/5064
Game Starting Event - 369053704
Player Facing - 96927744

No shit Sherlock, your mod is screwed so far. Guess thats why your starting event thing screws up.

Jan 3, 2008 at 8:13 AM
We're having problems making the opening to the game where there'll be a tutorial. I assume the mod will be fixed by then. Gardebiter is helping out.