Cave Story as seen by 8 year olds

Dec 23, 2008 at 10:52 AM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Brickman said:
Anyways, anyone got any thoughts on any of the contents of this overly long post?
That's a really amazing post to read. Seriously, it still surprises me that one of them actually came to the fish missile part of Monster X without help. It makes me wish I could get my little cousin to play Cave Story, as well.
Oh well, at least he does play some Eternal Sonata with me, so maybe it can happen if things go smoothly...
And should they try Sacred Grounds and complete it, I'm sure they'll definitely get a better time than my miserable 14 min. 30 sec. time I got the 1st successful time through...
DragonBoots said:
I've never played a game w/o momentum. Care to cite a few?
From what I can think of right off the top of my head right now, (At least when it comes to walking momentum), CastleVania 1, 2, & 4 (Haven't played 3 yet, nor any of the later ones...) Castlequest (Yes, I've been there, but no, not related to CV), Monster Party, Double Dragon 1 & 2 (Again, haven't played the 3rd one or "beyond"), Bionic Commando (Both the Arcade & NES versions), & finally, Wicky Woo 1 & 2 (FreeArcade.com games)

EDIT: I may as well chalk up one more online flash game... MegaMan X Next (Rick's Adventure: Legends)

Dec 23, 2008 at 2:56 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
freezit4 said:
Maybe one day we'll see your sisters outpwning Chad! :p
...The North African country? :p

freezit4 said:
Girls don't even know how to play using the keyboard.
Uh... yes they do. At least, some of them do. Probably even many of them do. My sister does, for one. It's not like there's any other choices, though.

Jan 20, 2009 at 7:01 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
So, out of curiosity, how many times did they die on the fourth spike?

Jan 21, 2009 at 1:14 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Update: After getting frustrated with either Last Cave or the final boss (didn't think to ask which) and also learning from me that they could have saved Curly but it was way too late (and I'd already mentioned the secret weapons), they decided to start over and go for the good ending. Unfortunately, they missed the tow rope and failed to save Curly anyways. They did get the snake though, which they loved just as much as the machinegun. They got up to the hard version last cave before I happened to have a chance to visit home and they mentioned it, at which point I had to inform them that they'd again failed to save Curly (they apparently thought that as long as you skipped the jetpack you could go back to her, or something). As for last cave, they managed to get all the way up to and beat the Red Demon once but died in the next room. Anyways, feeling bad for them I emailed them a copy of a save file with the polar star, no jetpack and all available health right before the Core (rather than make them replay a third time), and very specific instructions on saving Curly as well as hints for finding the last two guns they hadn't used yet, the spur and the nemesis. I gave them very specific instructions to rename and hold on to their current save file though, as if they've really got videogamers' spirits they're gonna want to try Hard Last Cave with the snake eventually after beating it with the spur.

Jan 21, 2009 at 1:30 AM
Agent of the System
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Slife said:
So, out of curiosity, how many times did they die on the fourth spike?
I hate the spikes!!!:mad::eek::p