Here goes:
1hp duck fight vs Pooh Black

Jan 14, 2008 at 4:15 AM
Slacker
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
andwhyisit said:
Here goes:
1hp duck fight vs Pooh Black

oh my that would take foreverr...Pooh Black responds only to how many times you hit him instead of how much damage he takes =x I'll see how well that goes..

Jan 14, 2008 at 4:44 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Chaddykins said:
oh my that would take foreverr...Pooh Black responds only to how many times you hit him instead of how much damage he takes =x I'll see how well that goes..
Pooh Black just needed some attention. :p

Jan 14, 2008 at 6:20 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
andwhyisit said:
Pooh Black just needed some attention. :o

you would only be able to hit him twice >_> because the ducks fire to slow to get through his bubbles :p

Feb 27, 2008 at 7:58 AM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Alright, here's a really tough one (And although I realize the first post says no Ballos challenges, I'm going to put it up anyways...)

http://www.mediafire.com/?ggz9ofgpjbj

The ZIP in this link has a save file in the Prefab Building, so just simply load it. I even give the Snake and Nemesis as a bonus when the player drops into Sacred Grounds, in addition to the Spur, Super Missile Launcher, Fireball, Bubbler, and Blade already on the save. Max Life is still 55 and most of the level still plays as normal... That is, until you get to Ballos. You'll notice there's a powerful current blowing to the left, there are falling blocks, and there are instant death spikes on both sides of the area. Even with the Life Pot availible, can you still overcome the natural hazards and defeat Ballos in this ultimate challenge?

A few catches

Some of the doors and spikes have water physics. These are only minor and should not interfere too much.

You'll need to periodically use the Booster 2.0 to overpower the current. Otherwise, you'll still get swept away.

Ballos 2nd form can bounce you up into the current, making this part much more difficult. In fact, it proved a little too overwhelming for me...

Feb 27, 2008 at 8:13 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Omg. That must be hard.

Feb 27, 2008 at 9:03 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
sweet ill download it and give it a try

Feb 27, 2008 at 9:31 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Bad Beholder said:
Alright, here's a really tough one (And although I realize the first post says no Ballos challenges, I'm going to put it up anyways...)
Ignore the first post, these boss challenges are for anyone. The rules are specified by the one who sets the challenge.

Bad Beholder said:
The ZIP in this link has a save file in the Prefab Building, so just simply load it. I even give the Snake and Nemesis as a bonus when the player drops into Sacred Grounds, in addition to the Spur, Super Missile Launcher, Fireball, Bubbler, and Blade already on the save.
I can hack a save that dumps you directly into the Sealed Chamber when you load it if you want, but only if you want it.

Feb 27, 2008 at 9:47 AM
andwhyisit said:
I can hack a save that dumps you directly into the Sealed Chamber when you load it if you want, but only if you want it.
That's fine with me.

Feb 27, 2008 at 2:26 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator

Attachments

• letsskiphell.zip
    424 bytes · Views: 15
Feb 27, 2008 at 9:48 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
the download for the challenge is broken

Feb 27, 2008 at 11:23 PM
xristosx said:
the download for the challenge is broken
Really? It worked fine for me when I tested it about 10 minutes ago... If Mediafire pops up some message in a red box, try refreshing the page. Sometimes I get that kind of message, too.

If it directs you to a different page shortly after the download link, just click the Back arrow or reattempt the download. Only a few times when I started using Mediafire did I get this kind of error...

For some odd reason, it's not letting me upload another copy on Mediafire. I guess it can tell the difference if I simply rename the ZIP folder...

To Andwhyisit: Do you think it could be possible to include Curly and the extra weapons in the save, as well? If not, that's okay. I'll probably put in a Save point right after Heavy Press in a newer version soon.

Feb 27, 2008 at 11:42 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
Bad Beholder said:
Really? It worked fine for me when I tested it about 10 minutes ago... If Mediafile pops up some message in a red box, try refreshing the page. Sometimes I get that kind of message, too.

probably my school is blocking the site >_>

Feb 28, 2008 at 12:18 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Bad Beholder said:
To Andwhyisit: Do you think it could be possible to include Curly and the extra weapons in the save, as well? If not, that's okay. I'll probably put in a Save point right after Heavy Press in a newer version soon.
I don't have any way to put curly in because I don't have the offset for that, if you could give me a save with curly in B1, then I could alter it to give you anywhere up to seven weapons (list them please) and have the save start off in the sealed chamber. You can also list any items you want for this. I find this to be easier.

Feb 28, 2008 at 12:56 AM
Alright, I've got a new version up. This one is saved just outside the Seal Chamber. Quote has all weapons (Except for Spur and Nemesis) maxed out, 55 life, 54 (EDIT: Super) missiles, and Curly along with him. Also, I've set a skipflag for Ballos's dialogue. Other than that, it's exactly identical to the one before- New download link here

Andwhyisit, I appreciate the save you posted, so I appologize if my earlier post sounds a bit harsh and disrespectful.

Feb 28, 2008 at 11:06 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
i tried the mod.... how can you beat it? the currents too strong so you can barely move

Feb 28, 2008 at 1:50 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Oh yeah, I got a challenge, not really a Boss fight though.

Enemy - Igor with 10 HP, only level 1 Polar Star