Best Boss

Dec 18, 2008 at 9:03 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
The Mulletron said:
My most hated boss has to be Ballos. Its not the boss itself which is at fault, but the fact that if you die while fighting it, you have to trudge through the Sacred Grounds all over again. Repeating the same level over and over again is no fun.
Yes it is, when it's Hell!

Dec 18, 2008 at 9:25 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Hardest boss for me?
Curly.
Especially on 3hp Fireball run. ;_;
Got clipped nearly every time by the Korons.
Curly alone is fine, but the Korons get me nearly every [edit]ing time.
Damn those little jerks.
It's no wonder the killer robots killed them.

Easiest?
Well apart from 1st Balrog, I'd say the easiest was The Core.
I mean, just gotta keep moving.
That's all.

Best boss?
Ballos.
Hands down.
I love a challenge.
I love that he just keeps coming.
I love the little bastards that fly and shoot arrows at you.
It.
Is.
An.
Epic.
Fight.
Period.

Worst boss?
Omega.
Too predictable.
Too little hp.
Too...
Easy.
I've died to 1st Balrog more times than I have to Omega.

Dec 20, 2008 at 2:16 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I don't think any of the bosses are bad(I havent made it to ballos)
When you get the hang of it, or have a good weapon, i gotta say the last 4 fights in a row can be really fun, but annoying the first time ever.
I really like balfrog and omega just because they are fun. not particularly hard at all but really fun and I love the boss's designs.
My least favorite is toroko cuz i suck at that. >:/
the easiest fight is probably other than balrog fights or pooh black, the sisters because it isnt hard to kill them without them even sending one ball of fire at you.

Dec 20, 2008 at 5:53 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Easiest: Omega. Srsly. I didn't get hit the first time I fought him.

Hardest: The Doctor. I've minimalled Monster X, along with all the baddies 'fore and twixt, but I still haven't gotten that bastard The Doctor. Dx Ballos would probably take the cake, if I were good enough to minimal through Hell in the first place...

Most annoying: The Core. Hate. Slow. Movement. So. Bad. </3 water. o.O@the people that have actually drowned, but dodging shots is a pain.

Most fun: Monster X, or else... I dunno. Maybe Misery. Those perfectly-timed maniacal bullet-hell dodging sequences are just the best thing ever, so probably the boss that I've gotten most of them against.

Dec 20, 2008 at 11:46 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Garbeld said:
o.O@the people that have actually drowned, but dodging shots is a pain.
It's not hard if you get down to the bottom of the screen while the water's high. As long as you stay away from the bottom (particularly the place where the tow-rope is) you should be fine on that count.

One thing I dislike about the Core is that you can't walk on all the balconies... yet Curly can!

Jan 20, 2009 at 3:18 PM
Agent of the System
"All your forum are belong to us!"
easiest: Core
Hardest: Misery, doc, muscle doc, and undead core.
Most fun: Toroko aka, bouncy bunny.

For some reason the first core I never lose any health.

PS, I can not get to hell, I can not get the ma pigaon.

Jan 21, 2009 at 2:53 AM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Best boss in the game is Monster X.

Why?

Because you can't spam him to death with your weapons -- it actually has a defensive strategy. Every other boss can be killed easily by sacrificially spamming sword lv2 (Except Ma Pigeon, but you can just use spur or snake to have same effect). Ballos especially, if you've seen any Hell speed runs on youtube (Stand next to him, look up, spam sword. dead. stand in eye, face away, spam sword. dead. look up, run around, spam sword. dead. stand in eye, look away, spam sword. cue credits).

Mar 22, 2009 at 11:36 PM
Banned
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Iron head.

FREE MOVEMENT IS THE BEST!!!

Mar 23, 2009 at 9:09 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Garbeld said:
Hardest: The Doctor. I've minimalled Monster X, along with all the baddies 'fore and twixt, but I still haven't gotten that bastard The Doctor. .

Taking sacrificial hits with the crystal for temporary invulnerability help a lot.

Hardest? Dunno. I having finished my minimal item run (still stuck on the undead core), but either the undead core or Ballos. Assuming no rapidfire missile spam for the latter.
EDIT: First time playing? Probably Frenzied Toroko, oddly enough. Stupid blocks.

My favorite? I like monster X (although it was a pain to minimal), and omega was a lot of fun too.