Agora's Legends ~ Minnasan no Monogatari

Apr 14, 2008 at 1:11 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Instead of being offended you people should try to read between the lines.
Seriously sp, you really need to think about using smileys when you do stuff like this. I swear I am nothing short of confused now.

Apr 14, 2008 at 1:25 PM
Hoxtilicious
I think using "[sarcasm]" should show that it is sarcasm.

Apr 15, 2008 at 5:23 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
S. P. Gardebiter said:
I think using "[sarcasm]" should show that it is sarcasm.
Sarcasm can be interpreted differently depending on how you say it and the context. Unfortunately something is lost when done over the internet. This is quite obvious when I understood your were being sarcastic but interpreted it as something more like how you would use sarcasm in an argument rather than in normal conversation.

Apr 21, 2008 at 11:09 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Again I come back to see absolutely nothing useful contributed to this thread. That's fine. All I asked was for those who wanted to help me come into contact with me, and they've done so, and I am being helped now.
somewhat.

As for progress, things seem to be going about as smooth as I had hoped. The game is still a buggy mess, the slope collisions still suck (mostly because I have no idea what the proper way to do them would be), I totally rewrote the majority of the Lua-handling code at this point with more changes on the way, to make things easier script-side in the long run...

This is taking priority over rewriting the network code as well, and then after that I still have to make the inventory menu and the map system and etc. And at some point, add scripting stuff for allowing custom HUDs, background movement types, dialogs, and so on... Still a really long ways to go.

As far as teaching you to script objects in Lua... Well, I can only do what I can, unfortunately.

All the documentation for what extra resources you have in scripting objects for AGL is kept in Generic.lua (global.lua in the SVN and next release...) Otherwise, it's just Lua, a convoluted scripting branch off languages like BASIC and C.

I don't know how to teach someone to program in general, but at least I've written out a listing of what everything does and can be used for, as well as provided ample example in writing the code for so many of the objects in the game already.

This is all I can do to help you aside from answering every question you have and helping you make what objects you want to, for which you need to come in contact with me in the IRC channels or my own message board, provided specifically for such.

Apr 21, 2008 at 3:11 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Just downloaded, I see you can play as Ballog as you said, I hope you can play as Misery as well(She is my favo char in CS but she has missing sprites, I could recolour Curly tough)

Good luck with this project, It looks good.

May 3, 2008 at 5:22 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Is this thread dead? I was looking forward to a cave story online thingamabob.

May 3, 2008 at 5:36 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I'm still working, I have a lot of things to rewrite because I did it wrong the first time, working on Lua first, then will do network code again. It's kinda complicated, I'm not entirely sure how I'll manage it... You know, how bats respawn when you leave the map and come back, how bosses need to be there for everybody yet also fightable together (cutscene and all)... I've decided that mods themselves should at least have some level of control over the network code, unlike my previous attempt at making it fully automatic...

May 3, 2008 at 6:16 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Echidna-san said:
I'm still working, I have a lot of things to rewrite because I did it wrong the first time, working on Lua first, then will do network code again. It's kinda complicated, I'm not entirely sure how I'll manage it... You know, how bats respawn when you leave the map and come back, how bosses need to be there for everybody yet also fightable together (cutscene and all)... I've decided that mods themselves should at least have some level of control over the network code, unlike my previous attempt at making it fully automatic...

Eetis auckaey! Uee aerr naut raascheeng eu!
Taeck euor tieem! Duu nout raasch!
(It is okay! We are not rushing you!
Take your time! Do not rush!)

May 4, 2008 at 10:09 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Hey Metalogz, stop with that rubbish typing.

May 6, 2008 at 5:43 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Metalogz said:
Eetis auckaey! Uee aerr naut raascheeng eu!
Taeck euor tieem! Duu nout raasch!
(It is okay! We are not rushing you!
Take your time! Do not rush!)
Ei pursohnali would tayp it owt liek dis:
Iyt iz okae! Uoi ar gnot rusheng ue!
Taeq eur tyme! Du not rushe!
:confused:

Though "auckaey" sounds like "okayie" due to the extra "y" at the end, the "ae" already makes the "ay" sound. Should be "auckae", "auckey" or "auckay".

But on a serious note I would love to see this completed and a PSP port down the track too. It would mean that I will finally be able to play Cave Story mods on my PSP which is the only gaming system I use at all these days.

May 8, 2008 at 1:32 PM
You could make bats respawn after 10 seconds.

Ooh, I can imagine a billion Torokos attacking Monster X with sticks. That would be epic.

May 22, 2008 at 12:32 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Where did the AGL site go? :D

May 22, 2008 at 12:47 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I noticed that site was gone a little while back, do you think something may have happened to the owner, or maybe he forgot to pay rates for his site?

-edit- *looks down* Thank goodness, I was afraid that the project bombed, I am really looking forward to it.

May 22, 2008 at 1:40 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I hope nothing bad happened. :D

May 22, 2008 at 1:45 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
andwhyisit said:
I hope nothing bad happened. :D

9:49 Xristosx Um jte why is your site down?
9:51 yoshibot the site is down because the entire server is down

its just down

May 22, 2008 at 8:01 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
System of a Down

May 26, 2008 at 12:37 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
It is still down. *cries*

May 26, 2008 at 4:28 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Oh god.

I have come with really bad news.

The forum assassins... got to... ENCHIDNA-SAN!

OH NOESSSSS

May 26, 2008 at 10:16 PM
Hey, where are the forum assasins OH GOD

Anyone have a Pheonix Down? I really want multiplayer cave story so someone can make a completely imbalanced character and we can try to kill him.

May 27, 2008 at 9:54 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
What kind of idea is that? And did it really happen before? Multiplayer CS? (Since CS is a game genre as mentioned in my profile,) MMOCS?