A polarizing nerd question

Fractals or spaceships?

• Total voters
Sep 25, 2011 at 8:01 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It's hard to have an argument like this since everything just boils down to opinions. I don't really find spaceships boring I guess, it's just that right now, fractals > spaceships. It depends on what kind of nerd you are, I guess.

Sep 29, 2011 at 3:39 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
hey im a nerd and no one can be to nerdy to be a nerd its called a ubernerd! which counts as being a person who is a experienced nerd .

Sep 29, 2011 at 3:48 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
norevenge said:
hey im a nerd and no one can be to nerdy to be a nerd its called a ubernerd! which counts as being a person who is a experienced nerd .
Your posts have come to the extent where I can barely tell what you are trying to make a point of. I'm beginning to get annoyed.

On topic:
I find fractals interesting, and spaceships are pretty nice too... It all depends on how cool they look to me, really :debug:.

Sep 29, 2011 at 6:52 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
oops sorry.

Sep 29, 2011 at 9:59 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
Can fractals shoot lasers?
On the topic of space travel's improbability, didn't some people in CERN get some neutrino to top light speed?

Sep 29, 2011 at 10:16 PM
Been here way too long...
That's what their instruments said, but it's not conclusive proof. Extraordinary claims and all that.

Sep 29, 2011 at 10:19 PM
thecrown said:
Can fractals shoot lasers?
On the topic of space travel's improbability, didn't some people in CERN get some neutrino to top light speed?
Can spaceships shoot lasers?
And that has nothing to do with the improbability of space travel. They also need to have an independent experiment confirm it before relativity goes out the window. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and one experiment just isn't enough for that (eg cold fusion). Furthermore, there have been a bunch of previous experiments that claimed to find stuff travelling faster than light. There was experimental error in all of them. I'm going to need to see more proof before I believe this one.

Sep 29, 2011 at 10:52 PM
Lace said:
And that has nothing to do with the improbability of space travel. They also need to have an independent experiment confirm it before relativity goes out the window. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and one experiment just isn't enough for that (eg cold fusion). Furthermore, there have been a bunch of previous experiments that claimed to find stuff travelling faster than light. There was experimental error in all of them. I'm going to need to see more proof before I believe this one.
tl;dr:
Captain Fabulous said:
That's what their instruments said, but it's not conclusive proof. Extraordinary claims and all that.

Lace said:
Can spaceships shoot lasers?
Yes.
I'm sorry, were you talking about the real spaceships we have that don't go into space anymore? Should we compare those to real fractals that don't go on forever because that's impossible?

Sep 30, 2011 at 1:03 AM
/end
Cave Story said:
Your posts have come to the extent where I can barely tell what you are trying to make a point of. I'm beginning to get annoyed.

I hope you aren't implying your posts are any better.

norevenge said:
oops sorry.

Don't be sorry. Tell them they're entitled to their opinion but you can't change the way you talk and if they have a problem with that they can sit on it.

Sep 30, 2011 at 1:24 AM
Member Title
MetaSeraphim said:
I hope you aren't implying your posts are any better.
I hope you aren't implying I post like he does. I turned thirteen four months ago; he's sixteen.

This is a forum. We have rules. He shouldn't be an exception.

I'm just going to ignore him. Now, everybody wins; I won't have to complain, and you won't have to complain about my complaining.

Sep 30, 2011 at 1:28 AM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Captain Fabulous said:
Should we compare those to real fractals that don't go on forever because that's impossible?

No, it's not, because "real fractals" are not physical objects, but abstract concepts, which have no problem going on forever, unlike spaceships. And I think what Lace was implying by asking whether or not spaceships can shoot lasers is that the ability to shoot lasers is not inherently part of the definition of a spaceship (though there are many fictional spaceships that do shoot lasers).

Sep 30, 2011 at 2:35 AM
/end
Cave Story said:
I hope you aren't implying I post like he does. I turned thirteen four months ago; he's sixteen.

First of all, your posts are worst than his in a different way.

Second of all, what does age have to do with anything at all?

Cave Story said:
This is a forum. We have rules. He shouldn't be an exception.

Wait, wait, wait, hold the phone. What the hell rule is he breaking? The post you felt like bleeding all over didn't break a single rule at all. And looking through his other posts I can't find any of them that is breaking a single rule.

Did you create these rules he is breaking or something? Is there a rule that you can't make a post someone else is too stupid to understand or something? Because if there is I certainly know of no rule and I've been here for 7 years.

Cave Story said:
I'm just going to ignore him. Now, everybody wins; I won't have to complain, and you won't have to complain about my complaining.

>immature child ignoring someone because they act "immature" thus making him look far more childish and immature than said person who "acts immature".

Just leave the forum already.

Sep 30, 2011 at 2:38 AM
inside is yello
"..."
I thought this argument had ended.

Oh, and just out of curiosity, what made Cave Story's posts "worst than his in a different way." I haven't noticed anything.

Sep 30, 2011 at 2:46 AM
Member Title
Read rule #1.
If no one here likes me, I won't cause any more trouble. But if you say I should leave the forums due to being agitated by a sixteen year old boy not ending their sentences with periods or capitalizing the first letter of their sentences, that's just comical.

Oh great, now you're calling me immature for leaving the source of my agitation alone. I'll make sure to remember the fact that if you don't like someone, you shouldn't just ignore them and carry on.

Edit:
Shimmyzmizz said:
I thought this argument had ended.
Oh, and just out of curiosity, what made Cave Story's posts "worst than his in a different way." I haven't noticed anything.
I wish it had; I don't like arguing.
When I first joined, I was still a tad bit immature. Not as bad as him, though.

We shouldn't even be arguing here. This is a thread about fractals and space ships.

Sep 30, 2011 at 2:55 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
MetaSeraphim said:
First of all, your posts are worst than his in a different way.

Second of all, what does age have to do with anything at all?

Wait, wait, wait, hold the phone. What the hell rule is he breaking? The post you felt like bleeding all over didn't break a single rule at all. And looking through his other posts I can't find any of them that is breaking a single rule.

Did you create these rules he is breaking or something? Is there a rule that you can't make a post someone else is too stupid to understand or something? Because if there is I certainly know of no rule and I've been here for 7 years.

>immature child ignoring someone because they act "immature" thus making him look far more childish and immature than said person who "acts immature".

Just leave the forum already.

You seem to be missing the whole picture, Meta. And I do not believe CS will be leaving any time soon.

Sep 30, 2011 at 2:58 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
@Cave Story don't listen to Meta, she's just being a douche.
She likes taking the opposing side and responding with unwarranted hostility; it's not the first time it's happened, and (sadly) won't be the last.

There isn't anything wrong with your posts, you're fine :3

Seriously, Meta, stop being an ass.
Please, you're killing the forums with your animalistic posts. Also, take your attempted greentext back to 4chan, you'll be less of a cancer there.

Love, cultr.

Sep 30, 2011 at 3:12 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
MetaSeraphim said:

Rule #1 can be (and has been) interpreted as a maturity rule. Basically if the person acts very immature and hastily makes posts putting little thought into them, they can be seen as not having the maturity level of at least a 13 year old (although really, 13 year olds aren't that mature).

@Cave Story: I'd like to say that I echo Cultr1's sentiments regarding you.

Sep 30, 2011 at 3:18 AM
Cave Story said:
If no one here likes me, I won't cause any more trouble.
Cave Story I'll be your friend!
:debug:

Sep 30, 2011 at 3:20 AM
inside is yello
"..."
Don't leave because of one person's opinion.

So back on topic, math kinda scares me (and yet I am apparently good at it) so I vote spaceships.