3DNes - Play Nes In 3D

May 31, 2019 at 5:47 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
There are massive emulators on Play Store free or paid, Nintendo or other consoles with millions download. Some are removed through time but the best, most popular ones are still there for ages.

May 31, 2019 at 5:53 PM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Yes, I'm aware of that. But Steam is a different beast entirely, and has a much larger market share than the Play Store ever will.

I just wanted to voice my concerns, I really want this emulator to continue development (and maybe branch out to other consoles in the future)

May 31, 2019 at 8:41 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Man, it feels weird, yet cool seeing Super Bat Puncher and Battle Kid in 3D, let alone in VR! Now to pray that Soulja Boy doesn't get his grubby, little hands on this software...

Aside from the same concerns that Jade posted, I'm also very curious with this question that she's asked as well.
Oh also does the steam version have support for non-vr or is it vr only?

Nov 13, 2019 at 4:06 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Hello everyone. Long time no see!

Almost four years has passed and there are a lot of things happened to the project. I don't have the right to create a new topic so i would like to post the updates here.
- Had known the project potentiality and its current rough state i quitted my job for good and focused all my time on the development.
- The project is renamed from 3dNes to 3dSen to avoid any potential IP issue.
- The project has gone through several re-engineering and at the current state it has reached a polish and easy to use level that i believe it's ready for the mass. This is why i have decided to released the project on Steam.
- The VR version has been released at 3dSen VR . It receives very positive reviews from players.
- The PC version has just been approved by Steam and its page has been opened at 3dSen PC
- - Current list of supported games

Bellow are some hightlight footages of 3dSen

Nov 13, 2019 at 11:35 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
At first I thought this was a pretty cool project and now I still think it is even if I don't use this because I don't like NES games in general.
One thing that doesn't sit me well here though is the price on this, putting a price on something like this sounds like a pretty risky idea, I already generally disagree with the idea of quitting a job for a project but that's just me.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you don't deserve anything from this, but unless the non-VR version is gonna be cheaper, almost 17€ is a lot of money for something that already plays in some pretty grey areas.

Nov 13, 2019 at 11:46 AM
Thank you for raising the concern. Actually the price will be much cheaper compared to the VR version. VR gaming is still super niche at the moment so the price tag is generally higher. And if you dig a little bit deeper into the review section you will see that none of VR users complaints about it.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2019 at 12:26 PM
"Huzzah!"
I don't like NES games in general.
Really? You don't like any NES games like, I don't know, SMB 3 or The Legend of Zelda? Why? (I know this is out of topic but I'm really interested, sorry.)

Nov 13, 2019 at 12:54 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
And if you dig a little bit deeper you will see that none of Steam review complaints about it.
I'm sorry but;
1. Generally speaking I feel like people who can afford VR headsets may have an higher income.
2. Roughly 1/4th-1/3th of the reviews got this for free according to steam.
3. You can't really leave a review if you disagree with the price (or in the vr version's case, if you don't have a VR headset) when you have to own the product first (as reviews are expected to work).

I do wish you the best of luck with this as invested as you are but I do feel like there will be some bumps in the road with people not being used to the idea of a paid emulator and possible actions by Nintendo.

Really? You don't like any NES games like, I don't know, SMB 3 or The Legend of Zelda? Why? (I know this is out of topic but I'm really interested, sorry.)
I mean I can enjoy smb1/3 every once in a while I suppose but Zelda 1 has the issue where you're probably gonna play with a map open somewhere because of how cryptic the game is with dungeon locations and such (which, to avoid that discussion, can indeed still be fun for those into it.) and the limited controls make it a bit hard. I haven't played many nes games.
I will also always prefer to play the PC version of Final Fantasy 3 over the NES one.

Nov 13, 2019 at 2:21 PM
"Huzzah!"
Does anyone like The Legend of Zelda still? I really like Link to the Past, but that original game just has such clunky controls that it's ... aged poorly.
Lol, you and I have completely different opinions, in fact I really love the original game even though it is cryptic most of the time, (actually that's one of the reasons why I like it), and has clunky controls. It's just...like...there aren't any games like it that I can think of, it's so unique.
On the contrary I don't like ALTTP very much, I don't know. It's a well designed game for the most part but it's...not for me, I guess.
But let's not talk about that now. I don't want this to become a different thread.

Nov 13, 2019 at 7:57 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
I think the VR version price is pretty fair since there appear to be sales in the past for 3DVR Sen, and I assume the future. And you are not just paying for a random expensive 30 minute experience like some games, but for all the NES games that geod80 customizes. Which as long as he keeps adding more, continue to make it worth the cost imo. I do hear you about the overall high pricing of VR games though. I've avoided buying many popular VR games despite owning an Oculus because the upcharge when compared to a good indie game on sale or bundle. A lot more value for the dollar plus quality content...

I'm sorry but;
1. Generally speaking I feel like people who can afford VR headsets may have an higher income.
Probably true? Though VR headsets are not nearly as expensive as one might think. I got mine after saving up a while $349. (Oculus). But you can get a WMR for as low as $245?
Or maybe just forget the headset and use 3rd party tools to play VR games on a TV using a particular webcam >$100 or some other cheaper alternative.
The real problem might be needing a modern PC, which is at least *another* $250+?

2. Roughly 1/4th-1/3th of the reviews got this for free according to steam.
I wonder about that? Well, I got mine for "free", but I bought a previous version on itch.io and supported patreon for a short while.

3. You can't really leave a review if you disagree with the price (or in the vr version's case, if you don't have a VR headset) when you have to own the product first (as reviews are expected to work).
Not a 100% sure, but Steam does have a 2 hour refund policy. So, technically, I *Think* you can buy as many games as you possibly want as long as you never go over the 2 hour mark and always wait for the refund before doing another. That should allow you to write reviews too? I just haven't wanted to risk finding out if you can really do that an unlimited number of times lol.

I do wish you the best of luck with this as invested as you are but I do feel like there will be some bumps in the road with people not being used to the idea of a paid emulator and possible actions by Nintendo.
In worst case, I would think it could just support homebrew NES games like the Steam purchasable MicroMages. (Great modern NES game btw.) Though, the situation reminds me of a game like Beat Saber. A pretty famous VR game now. But, I assume it's because, thanks to modders originally, devs made it so can add new songs of your own. They may not have rights to the songs, but the users are adding things on their own. And that turns a little game into something huge.

Nov 13, 2019 at 8:34 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
would think it could just support homebrew NES games like the Steam purchasable MicroMages.
It would actually be cool if people could easily make their own games in a format 3dsen would support.

Dec 26, 2019 at 3:55 AM
It would actually be cool if people could easily make their own games in a format 3dsen would support.
This is my plan when the engine is mature enough and ready. For now i want to create profiles myself to gather skill and control the profile quality.

Jun 20, 2020 at 6:28 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Oh hey, speedrunner Kosmicd12 made a video featuring this program, so at least it's going places. :)