2 mini mods

Jan 18, 2009 at 9:45 PM
Been here way too long...
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
So I made 2 small mods that are basically just a boss by itself.

The first one is a Monster X Edit with infinite booster, and in the sky. You start with the polar star, but I added some range and damage to the level 1 polar star. Level 2 is still the same, though, so don't level up. It includes a timer, for you speedrunner types. My current record is 3.37.9, kudos to the first person with a better time.

The second is a fight against three of those Polishes (spinning wheel from sand zone) with lots more health, and riding on beetles from egg corridor. Its incredibly difficult, I have yet to beat it myself. Oh, and your weapon is a sword.

MediaFire
MegaUpload

Jan 18, 2009 at 10:29 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Woot! Nothing like a little mindless fun.

Just one prob. you don't have much space above and below monster X before you get the never seen again dialog. Nothing more annoying than getting half-way through a boss and loosing because you jumped to high.

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:41 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The Monster x mod was fun, beat him in 2'08, not too hard with the 50 hp.

The Bug riding one was more tricky, but if you time your jumps right you can kill all 3 of them no problem (thanks to the temp invincibility that the flying bug blocks give you, with no damage taken.). Would post a time for that, but there wasn't a timer so yep.

Nice little fun challenges nonetheless.

Jan 19, 2009 at 5:35 AM
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
The Monster x mod was fun, beat him in 2'08, not too hard with the 50 hp.

The Bug riding one was more tricky, but if you time your jumps right you can kill all 3 of them no problem (thanks to the temp invincibility that the flying bug blocks give you, with no damage taken.). Would post a time for that, but there wasn't a timer so yep.

Nice little fun challenges nonetheless.

2.08? Thats insane! Even after practicing a bunch more I still can't do it under 2.30. Any chance of getting a video of that?

Jan 19, 2009 at 6:23 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
dooey100 said:
2.08? Thats insane! Even after practicing a bunch more I still can't do it under 2.30. Any chance of getting a video of that?

Ahh, so sorry but I cannot. I was only able to get a video of me doing it in 2'05 (what a shame, what a shame xD).

So yeah, here's the link of the fresh off the screen video.

Monster-x-mini-mod-2'05

[Edit]:Finally beat the bug riding mod (by beat I mean killing the big Polishes and all of the babies). That one wasn't too hard once you get the hang of it.

Also, if you think either of these are hard, try out my mod (I'd say try out DeathStory[not my mod], but that mod will kill you), link is in my signature.

Jan 19, 2009 at 7:28 AM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
So yeah, here's the link of the fresh off the screen video.

Monster-x-mini-mod-2'05
Very nice time, but I regretfully inform you... I got a 2'04"0 record (My very first attempt was 2'47"6, the 2nd through 8th attempts were all failures). Despite that, congratulations on getting such a fast time!
(2nd EDIT: Forgive me for double posting a reply in your video, as I thought I could delete the old reply (Or at least hide it by spam markers, but that only worked the other way around, it seems...).

Here's the video

In the meantime, I'll upload the REC file, zipped.

Also, I can't help but feel the MX Tram Ride thing I made before inspired this one, but after seeing the door in midair on the far right, maybe I'm wrong... Regardless, a very fun little mod to try out!

The other mod was great as well, but I suck at using the block's invincibility trick & usually end up falling into the deathspikes instead... Ah, well, I can't be good at everything!

Attachments

• 2'40.zip
    132 bytes · Views: 73
Jan 19, 2009 at 10:31 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Both of these mini mods were quite fun, and throwing the timer on the Monster X fight was a nice touch. It's fun to challenge yourself.
Managed to get a time of 1'53'8, one that could probably be improved quite a bit. I didn't get a recording of it, but here's a recording of a time of 1'55'8.

BAM!

Too bad the sound didn't record; I blame Vista. Oh well.

Jan 19, 2009 at 3:04 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Geez, you guys. Here I thought I'd be able to hold the top time no prob' , but you guys just had to make it harder. This time I had to try!

Watoosh!

If anyone beats this, I don't know If I'll try again, but oh well. At least this beats bad beholder and MC920's times.

But g2g for now, Math midterm in 45 min! (what fun!)

And also I need to rest my jumping/shooting arm for a bit....

Jan 19, 2009 at 5:51 PM
I am...
Inspired.

So inspired, in fact, that I made a mini mod of my own.
Didn't really want to make a new thread, so I hope you don't mind me posting it here.

Have fun!

For the record, I am not bipolar.
=D

Jan 19, 2009 at 7:06 PM
GIR: I have indeed played your mod, it is very fun. I didn't find it all that hard though, I found a bit of an exploit for the tetris part that makes it very easy. (I didn't want to post it because that would ruin the fun for everyone else, I could PM you if you want, though.)

BadBeholder: Looking through the cave story videos on your youtube accout I saw a fun looking video of a mod called BoosterMania EX. Some googleing yeilded nothing, any chance I could get a download link? (although I did find that you put your video on about 500 different video hosting sites)

Everyone: very impressive videos! I need to work on my trigger finger. =/

Lace: about to go try your mod. will edit comments soon.

Jan 19, 2009 at 7:13 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
dooey100 said:
GIR: I have indeed played your mod, it is very fun. I didn't find it all that hard though, I found a bit of an exploit for the tetris part that makes it very easy. (I didn't want to post it because that would ruin the fun for everyone else, I could PM you if you want, though.)

Might as well PM it to me, but I think I have an idea of what it might be. And if it is what i think it is, let me warn you that it might be fixable.

Jan 19, 2009 at 7:47 PM
PM'ed you

and since I'm making a new post anyway ill comment on laces mod:

very fun!

not hero mode was pretty easy, my beat it in 35 seconds
hero mode was definately harder, my best (and only so far) is 58 seconds

I liked the new fireball, that was pretty cool, its the perfect weapon for the area.

Jan 19, 2009 at 8:03 PM
Thanks =D

However, it is sort of annoying how much better than me you are. =P
I personally can't beat hero mode, and my record for no hero was 1'08, so yeah.

The Fireball is fun, but it was really easy to make.

And if I do say so myself, that was a fairly awesome use of MNA.

Cheers!
Afreet

Jan 19, 2009 at 8:16 PM
Jan 19, 2009 at 9:37 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
*wonders how long it'll take for people to post videos of the other two...*

Jan 20, 2009 at 1:43 AM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Wow, and I thought I was good with the booster, and then I see these videos... heh, heh, guess this means I'll have to make The Great Unknown (a booster skill level at the end of TWoR) ridiculously difficult! Muahahaha!

@Lace: Nice, but unfortunately I'm not a true hero, evidently :D (not yet anyways). Btw, did you get that boss fight song from an unused org in The Crowned Witch?

Jan 20, 2009 at 1:53 AM
It's from cs beta music.
So I didn't get it from crowned witch, but in case you ever want ro do something like that, just open reshacker, select the org to save, right click, and select save resource.
So yeh.

I'm not a hero either :D

Jan 20, 2009 at 2:32 AM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Ghaaa! I must really be bad at this because I can't even beat Monster X, let alone get a fast time.