Mint
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings Media Albums About

• I decided to write out what I should plan for upcoming areas for my mod(especially the storyline), it actually got a bit interesting near the end(but also maybe impossible to create).
    Mint
    Mint
    For some reason I eventually even went as far as to start writing the mod's story as an actual story, I guess that could help in fixing the dialogues somehow.
    DoubleThink
    DoubleThink
    Making up a simple plan of everything that happens is never a bad idea, in particular it's good for seeing where you might be missing content or what to lengthen/shorten.
    Tfw you are afraid a game is going to be disappointing, and you then suddenly take almost 82 hours to finally beat it, while the game stays exciting. Pretty great actually.
    IdioticBaka1824
    IdioticBaka1824
    Welp, seemed interesting, too bad I don't have a console.
    andwhyisit
    andwhyisit
    It's available for the new 3ds as well. It's a game that for me creates absolute enjoyment out of the simple act of exploration. You truly want to see every corner of the game world.
    Mint
    Mint
    I happen to have the N3DS version, the wii version has better graphics, but the N3DS has the jukebox option(which combined with the portability and good soundtrack, is pretty nice).
    Tfw when the person who sits next to me at school uses Discord at school without problems, but when you start to use it it suddenly seems to be blocked at school.
    Aar
    Aar
    you children and your promotion of illegal things
    ColdCallerLoopy
    ColdCallerLoopy
    You don't get the worst struggle of school, the school blocker!
    Aar
    Aar
    trust me, i know how bad it is
    we can only use google images, and shit is so bad that we have to use the 144p previews in art projects
    Kenzo_ITN
    Kenzo_ITN
    I feel like the bad ending to this is that you restore the colors, but now everything is negative.

Actually, that wouldn't be too bad...
    Chop Suey!
    Chop Suey!
    Nice!
    Mint
    Mint
    Thanks!

@Kenzo_ITN I'm actually planning to add in a secret ending that you might need to activate all the secrets in the mod first.
    The latest published version contains 1 of these secrets, although flags still have to be set.(there's also one temporary secret unless i find a better place for it).
    Although i might go easy on it considering I don't even think that the first secret has been found.
    I feel like that ever since I first joined these forums, I've slowly started to get better at overcoming this sort of shyness that sometimes prevents me from doing certain things. And it pretty much feels good.
    IdioticBaka1824
    IdioticBaka1824
    Good for you! Hope this helps you in more ways than one.
    I really should stop delaying myself with how bad I am with cs tilesets, I won't get anything done like that.
    Is it bad of me to not understand what some people have against full screen Cave Story?
    gamemanj
    gamemanj
    *Starting Cave Story(Doukutsu.exe)!*
    Warning, these synchronization parameters are incorrect, may cause phosphorus damage!
    *MONITOR SELF-DESTRUCTS*

...Ok, not really, but it's way too stretched, and if you're modding you want to be able to make edits while you test.
    Mint
    Mint
    Hm, I didn't knew there were that much issues with fullscreen.
    I can't say I have stretch issues, and the only issue I have is lag on regular fullscreen with windows 10(which is fixed with 32-bit fullscreen in my case).
    I just can't get enough of grilled cheese with pesto, the taste is just so good!
    tale
    tale
    sounds delicious.
    My left eye seems to hurt a lot lately, i hope it'll go over soon.
    Aar
    Aar
    cave story forums
    Bionicobot
    Bionicobot
    Tell it to be more like right eye.
    Tfw someone you know keeps calling you during the night and you wake up to see your phone's battery dead.
    mckgamer
    mckgamer
    DEN WHO WAZ FONE?!
    gamemanj
    gamemanj
    Running out of steam just as the morning starts...
    Phone batteries are cute~
    Is it already known that you can store a spur charge by switching to a other weapon through the menu?
    Mint
    Mint
    @GIRakaCHEEZER if you switch back normally, you indeed have to hold down the button. If switching through the inventory, then you must be sure to hold down the button when you exit it.

@mckgamer dephends on the version you are playing; the 3DS e-shop version doesn't pause the 290 counter when entering the menu.

It can be handy for storing a level max charge for the G-CLONE fight though, since you can't hold down the fire button while initiating the dialogue that starts the fight.
    mckgamer
    mckgamer
    Well if you aren't using the 3DS eshop version maybe a speedrunner could charge it up during the first section of spikes, switch out, then use an incredibly early attack on Ballos, might take a chunk of health out, speed up things.
    GIRakaCHEEZER
    GIRakaCHEEZER
    @mckgamer it would mean giving up the snake though, and that for sure saves 5 or so seconds on the deleets in B3. I'm not sure it would do enough damage to justify giving up the snake.
    Working on a simple painting tool, my goal is to add unique features that most image editing tools don't have, along with it being able to do basic drawing of course.
    Polaris
    Polaris
    What sorts of features do you have in mind?
    Mint
    Mint
    Well, one of the first things I was thinking about was to be able to 'shoot' arrows that leave a trail, but i noticed that my method of drawing is pretty resourceful, so I have to find some way to fix that first.
    For some reason, I dreamed about meeting Pixel irl last night. Welp.
    mckgamer
    mckgamer
    Best dream ever
    ColdCallerLoopy
    ColdCallerLoopy
    You should've asked for Cave Story 2, maybe in the dream world it can happen.
    mckgamer
    mckgamer
    Plot Twist : You guys get randomly transported to the island and suddenly are forced to play through the entire game with Pixel. Best dream ever.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…