Ambient_Malice
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings Media Albums About

• Well, released Chocolate Sunday. 10 downloads so far. Didn't work so well as an April Fool's joke, but that's not important.
    Reading Orson Scott Card's work has opened my eyes. I immediately started rewriting my mod's script. Less smug, more honesty.
    I'm back at work on Chocolate Sunday. I'm having fun with a group in the mod called "The Gaudi Equality Network". Basically, they either love you or hate you, depending on whether you sign their petition... "How does it feel to be awesome?" vs "Have a nice, bigoted day. In fact, I hope you get hit by a truck."
    @comment in valentine's day thread: I am wondering what political agenda thing you objected to.
    Ambient_Malice
    Ambient_Malice
    Group was trying to bully Tony Abbott, our Catholic Opposition Leader, into changing his party's stance on same-sex marriage. The organization is GetUp. They're extremely left wing, and one politician accused them of being 'the Hitler Youth of the Greens'. My objection wasn't so much their activism, which I don't agree with, but the fact they took valentine's day and tried to use it for their own ends. Plus, their systematic attacks on Tony Abbott.

They do it every year, basically. What happened is they sent roses to Abbott, trying to make him feel bad about his views. He tweeted thanks, and how he'd given them to the hard-working cleaners. I think he understood perfectly what was intended by the roses, but decided to play dumb. That way he comes off looking nice.

I just don't like people using holidays to push politics. Makes me icky.
    DoubleThink
    DoubleThink
    For the record and with agendas aside, Tony Abbott is roughly the Australian equivalent of Bush Jr and I expect horrible things to happen to the country if he's elected
    Ambient_Malice
    Ambient_Malice
    Eh... Maybe I'm biased, but he's not THAT bad. His policies are very similar to our current Prime Minister, Julia Gillard. But because he's a Catholic, people give him a very hard time.

Incidentally, the polls appear to indicate that if we went to an election tomorrow, Abbott would win by a good margin. Poor Julia's having real problems with public dissatisfaction, disloyal party members, and the Greens breathing down her neck.

Meh, but that's politics. A dirty game.
    What is your avatar a picture of?
    gabbalis
    gabbalis
    Eh, never mind, after a bit of retroactive lurking i found your explanation in the Avatar rating thread.
    Ambient_Malice
    Ambient_Malice
    If you squint, it looks like a robot with little claw hands. Or a rocket taking off. It's a failed math experiment: to make all combos add up to black,white,red,blue. I decided it looked quirky, and made it my avatar.
    gabbalis
    gabbalis
    I almost thought it was a muffin first time I saw it. Then I decided it was abstract art. In any case, I like it!
    Durrhurr what was that program again? Iso...something?
    Sue Sockymodo
    Sue Sockymodo
    thankies
    Ambient_Malice
    Ambient_Malice
    Hey, uh... So did you get it working? Just curious.
    Sue Sockymodo
    Sue Sockymodo
    I'm not the best with these kind of things, so I don't know entirely what I'm doing. I selected the .IMG file, then it said no file-systems or files and folders were found. I clicked "find missing files and folders", then it listed a bunch of stuff, and I'm not sure where to go from there. I'll post some screenshots if you want
    Great... it's 4 am, I haven't slept in 24 hours, and I'm answering questions about butt sex. Ah, but at least I can go on and on and on about how awesome Arcueid Brunestud is. Oh, and I just subscribed to Santorum's twitter.
    Epiphany GET! Eternal Chaos PSP is now Eternal Chaos: Enhanced Edition. I'm implimenting an elegant flag system which allows me to add a whole bunch of new content, mainly dialogue, while giving players an easy way to opt-out and play a polished version of the original mod when they start a new game. It will be awesome!!!
    Eternal Chaos PSP is up and running. Had to reduce faces from 100 to 56. *Bangs head on desk* Currently rewriting every .tsc script to compensate.
    Eternal Chaos PSP is up and running. Had to reduce faces from 100 to 56. *Bangs head on desk* Currently rewriting every .tsc script to compensate.
    I really, really wish modern vampire novels weren't shitty. I keep getting these wretched urges to write one myself. But that would interfere with cave story modding...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…