Noxid
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings Media Albums About

• So I hear tell that hacking abilities increase tenfold at 4am. Unfortunately, I was not able to test this hypothesis due to prior engagements, but I wonder if the same effect happens after thirty hours awake?

Also my right click menu stopped working. Grrrrrr.
    Yeah, I calculated it with the CaveEditor map values.
    However, what I must not forget is to convert dec -> hex.
    °_° Well, very good. Thanks again.
    Does this operation works with every map? Even the added ones?
    Oh, YEAH!! THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH NOXID o/
    I have another map which doesn't have a background, how do I know the address?
    02 00 E9 61, as I said yesterday.
    So I change it to 02 00 00 00 And I see if it works?
    Huh, what should I do now? Set another breakpoint?
    (btw, 4BF9A4 is the beginning of my background's name, bkRed. No problem here, I guess.)
    Hum, the breakpoint works only on a map with a background.

Edit : By the way, EAX = 00000002 at this point.
    Huh, it seems that the breakpoint you just tell me isn't the same as the one I used yesterday... I guess it doesn't matter.
    The map scroll value is at [EBP-1C], isn't it?

Edit: Wait, my bad, [EBP-1C] is the hex dump that I have to change into 02 00 00 00.
    Too bad I did it already but it had no effect.
    However, I may not have done this correctly so I'm going to try again.
    By the way, thank you very much for helping me. Sorry for bothering you.

PS : I forgot what were the breakpoint addresses... :D I hate myself.
    No, this was back when Cave Editor screwed up the npc.tbl and caused the "dancing Balrog" glitch.

And regardless of what it might take, I don't have any idea where to start...
    So, I like, uh, forgot my password to my Mibbit nickname, apparently...
    :droll:
    Am I screwed, no recovering or whatnot? Or is the Authentication code my new password, because it's apparently not what I thought I put in there...

EDIT:
    Nevermind, think I figured out the commands myself now...
    Thanks!
    The only thing is that I think the lowest exp you should have to have to use it should be 20 or so. That way you can't just keep spamming 1 HP heals.
    Sorry for troubling you again, but I was wondering if you could help me with another weapon? (in the same .exe you gave me earlier) I was thinking about a healing spell to replace the fireball. Maybe at level 1 it could heal 1 HP, at level 2: 3 HP, at level 3: 5 HP.
    It could go down to zero exp when used.
    It seems like an original idea, I think.
    If it's too difficult or you just don't want to, don't worry about it.
    VoidMage_Lowell recommended asking you for help with assembly editing (since I know nothing about it).

-I had an idea for a behavior edit on Ballos's first form. Do you think you could help?
    Basically, it's inspired by an interesting glitch that occurred when I first tried to edit the npc.tbl using Cave Editor. When I fought Ballos, his stomp attack would send him through the ground. After doing the attack again while falling into nothingness, he would rocket up out of the ground at you (the behavior he displays if you're above him when he tries to stomp). I actually found it to be quite an interesting idea, but I haven't got the slightest clue how to implement it.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…