andwhyisit
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• yeah, I got it, and I replied!
    Did it not go through?
    That happens sometimes on my iPhone.
    I was just browsing through the Tribute Site, and I found a few minor errors. Heart bundles give you 6 health, not 5. It's actually possible to float (and even propel yourself up) indefinitely with the lvl3 Machine Gun even without the Turbocharge upgrade (if it weren't, my mod would be impossible lol). The little yellow things on the outer wall are called "Yellow Lobster", not Hoppy (I believe "Hoppy" is actually the name of those little green mosquito thingies in the Plantation, which was listed as "Stumpy" on the Tribute Site). Finally, weapon energy capsules aren't limited to just 4-19 xp points (I know of one in Last Cave - Hidden that gives much more than that).
    Alright, thanks. I'm sorta hoping this game will be the quality of Jenka's Nightmare or better. So, if you want to beta test it I don't really have a guy for that either.
    Hey andwhy!
    I successfully hacked Cave Story for the Mac to remove the (C)Pixel and it now reads .bmps instead of .pbms!
    Should I like, upload it, or something?
    The Underside, despite taking some elements from Cave Story, is a completely different engine, the physics are different, and it is faster paced.

Though I don't know much about Hack9's development it seems more like a mod/game hybrid to me - a game engine that piggybacks the CS engine. I could be wrong though. I'll need to compare the machine code with CS.
    It's not depending on the CSPC engine, it's using it's data.
    Ok, it reads where to put what NPC and stuff, but theoretical you can edit/change the data files and create your game. Without the need of CSPC at all.

Open-Source engine and a clone... you can call it the same.
    But it's a new engine, behaving like the original CSPC but like I mentioned above, that can be changed...

Then, would you call The Underside and Hack9 also clones of CSPC?
    especially Hack9 is "just" like CSPC, and don't tell me it's a mod...
    It uses MP3s and other stuff we would never dream of...
    His game isn't open source.
    It's a total new engine using the images and stuff...
    just like a mod, but far superior.
    How is CS open source now?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…