CS ~ Encore

Apr 30, 2022 at 1:49 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
i shoot. i forgot the forums shit itself all that time ago. ill try to find the source images.

also, you're probably right. if it ends up working, i wouldnt mind going through with the idea. sounds tedious having to add those tiles to every map in the game, though. but to be fair, im gonna be editing every map regardless since im adding extra details.

Sep 16, 2022 at 9:33 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Hey everyone

So since the last update, all base game graphics have been completed.
Doukutsu-RS has been cemented as the engine we're going with, and as such, all the graphics have been implemented and work as intended.
Ever since the base completion, I've been hard at work decorating the maps in the game; making tons of custom tiles, which I will be sharing now.

prev 1.PNGprev 2.PNGprev 3.PNGprev 4.PNGprev5.PNGprev6.PNGprev7.PNGprev8.PNGprev9.PNGprev10.PNG

The project has changed a lot since I started. Here are some notes.
The 4th ending path has been completely revised, (something I can't wait to share)
The 2.5D look has been dropped entirely due to the complications it brings.
DawnDus implemented layering and increased the tileset limit for the engine, God bless his soul. It's the only reason I was able to decorate as I did.

Going forward, I want to work on making more animations/revising animations of existing enemies. I also need to figure out how to properly add light sources, as it seems it only comes from the player, NPCs, bullets, etc, but not the tileset itself, where it would definitely thrive.

After all those touch-ups, we'll finally move on to implementing the custom content planned, which will expand the game. I and Zeroflafi have put together a path and layout for the new ending, new areas, and planned changes to existing endings (which won't be major)

You can try out the game now by downloading it at csencore.com. There you will also see the credits on everyone who helped me make this possible.

The demo up doesn't feature many of the decorations I showed off today, however. I believe it's just First Cave and parts of Mimiga Village. The demo is purely just an upscale with the new soundtrack, but the next release will have the decorations completed, and perhaps the new animations as well.

Thank you!

Sep 16, 2022 at 3:52 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Goodness these look gorgeous! I can't wait to see the next update announcement to see the new content you got in mind.

Sep 16, 2022 at 8:09 PM
thank you! hopefully it'll arrive sooner

Sep 16, 2022 at 11:23 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I second Serri's comment about these screenshots looking absolutely gorgeous, the amount of detail that's been added is nothing short of breath-taking. I really like the artistic liberties you have taken with areas like the cemetery where it has that uniquely darkened look.

This all makes the NICALiS upscaled graphics look like a piece of trash.

Sep 16, 2022 at 11:52 PM
im happy you like it! i might do more with the graveyard setting. always confused by how it and yamashita farm had dedicated music, but are just short rooms

Sep 17, 2022 at 10:14 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
The added area details are next-level... Going to be spending my time admiring the scenery instead of shooting things!
...half expected an idling animation when I left Quote alone to listen to the new music lol. Very nice

Sep 18, 2022 at 8:30 AM
the thing im worried about giving quote an idle is that idk what id do.
my first thought would be to making his scarf and hair blow a bit, but thatd only make sense in outdoor areas:(

Sep 20, 2022 at 9:49 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
This is absolutely incredible. All of the detail in the sprites and areas is marvelous! Great job!
Edit: Also, the soundtrack is fenomenal! One of the best OST remixes i've ever heard!

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2022 at 12:23 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
This looks sick! Super excited for future updates!

Sep 23, 2022 at 2:32 AM
thank you guys!!!! the team and i take your love to heart :) :heartrefill:

Oct 18, 2022 at 2:44 PM
Life keeps going, but my temper doesn't.
"..."
Haven't said anything until now but I've been rooting for this for a while. The sprites look professional and out of some dream. I do think you guys should make a more explosive trailer, at least for whenever the v1.0 comes in the future. Unless maybe you'd want help with that?...

Oct 18, 2022 at 4:13 PM
Haven't said anything until now but I've been rooting for this for a while. The sprites look professional and out of some dream. I do think you guys should make a more explosive trailer, at least for whenever the v1.0 comes in the future. Unless maybe you'd want help with that?...
help would be appreciated! personally speaking, the bulk of my editing experience comes from windows movie maker lol

Jan 4, 2023 at 12:13 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
help would be appreciated! personally speaking, the bulk of my editing experience comes from windows movie maker lol
hi I don't know if it's still relevant but I can help. I work as an editor so I have some experience and I'll be glad to help!

Jan 20, 2023 at 4:18 AM
hi I don't know if it's still relevant but I can help. I work as an editor so I have some experience and I'll be glad to help!
absolutely open to it! if youd like, we can discuss it on discord. my username is in my profile.