The sickeningly cheerful say hello, introduce yourself; now where's my cookie? topic.

Dec 10, 2021 at 8:45 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hey. I made 7 posts in 2011, and then never came back. What's good?

Dec 11, 2021 at 12:01 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Hi Leaf_It, nice to meet you. As far as your membership timeline goes, I guess you have slight seniority over me, so nice to see someone who joined after I did, I guess.

Dec 16, 2021 at 7:57 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello everyone!
Found out about this place just recently and wanted to rejuvenate my younger selves love of Cave Story.
Hope you folks aren't opposed to new blood lol, some of the older forums are like that y'know.
I'm thinking of starting my own thread in a few days. December 20th If IRL stuff doesn't get in the way.
Hope everything goes for you guys, have a wonderful Christmas.

Dec 17, 2021 at 3:54 AM
Based Member
Greetings, BigMan.

Always nice to see a new face (so to speak) that comes in wanting to add something to the community. These forums in 2009-2014 didn't often take kindly to new blood, but that era has passed, so I think you will find this place decently hospitable. Looking forward to your thread on December 20th.

Merry Christmas to you as well.

Dec 19, 2021 at 3:43 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Hello Leaf_It and BigMan. A late welcome, but I just thought it'd be nice to join Hayden in greeting the newcomers. Well, Leaf_it's not quite a newcomer, but I welcome you too. By they way, I think it's nice to see people who joined far before I have. Just shows this place isn't dead yet!

Happy Christmas to you, Bigman, and I'll be happy to see your thread whenever you feel ready to make it.

Jan 15, 2022 at 6:40 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
hey, my name's zod. i'm 17 and am an aspiring photographer/filmmaker/musician/art-doer. i've yet to play the game but it looks really cool and i'm planning on doing so this week, but i made an account mainly because i really like web-forums and this one doesnt seem totally dead!

Jan 15, 2022 at 6:49 AM
Hi hi, Zod. Welcome to the forum! I hope you'll like Cave Story as much as the rest of us do.

Jan 15, 2022 at 5:03 PM
Based Member
Greetings, Zod. That's very interesting, whenever someone joins these forums, my default assumption is that they've completed Cave Story and seen most if not all of the in-game content, possibly numerous times over. But cool that you joined here out of a fondness for forums and finding ones that aren't totally dead, several people here share in that appreciation.

Cave Story is a truly amazing game, and I'm excited for you that you're about to experience this indie classic for the first time. In order to avoid spoilers, I'd suggest steering clear of the "Theories" and modding sections for now, and to tread carefully if you browse the "Cave Story Discussion" section. If you want any quick answers on getting certain endings with as little extra details as possible, feel free to just post an update on your profile saying "What do you do to unlock this secret/ending?" or "What am I supposed to do after I do this?" and we'll be happy to help you.

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:40 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
Greetings, Zod. That's very interesting, whenever someone joins these forums, my default assumption is that they've completed Cave Story and seen most if not all of the in-game content, possibly numerous times over. But cool that you joined here out of a fondness for forums and finding ones that aren't totally dead, several people here share in that appreciation.

Cave Story is a truly amazing game, and I'm excited for you that you're about to experience this indie classic for the first time. In order to avoid spoilers, I'd suggest steering clear of the "Theories" and modding sections for now, and to tread carefully if you browse the "Cave Story Discussion" section. If you want any quick answers on getting certain endings with as little extra details as possible, feel free to just post an update on your profile saying "What do you do to unlock this secret/ending?" or "What am I supposed to do after I do this?" and we'll be happy to help you.
alright, will keep that in mind! thanks dude

Jan 16, 2022 at 5:52 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
i've yet to play the game but it looks really cool and i'm planning on doing so this week
Sorry, you HAVEN'T beaten Cave Story??? BAN
nah jk, cool to have you here. I'm sure you'll enjoy this place, I have so far.

Jan 17, 2022 at 4:16 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Long overdue but.........
Hello!! im zacc, a 17 year old who loves the color blue and drawing ........ mostly of my characters and cave story. I also hyperfixate over Quote prolly a lil too much. I just like him!!! (me with my MANY theories and headcanons of him..) I also like to make games in my free time!!

Hope to interact with lots of you all here!! Ya'll seem pretty cool!! It's also comfy here too :o (I also hope I'm not late to da party.......)

Jan 17, 2022 at 6:29 AM
It's never too late to introduce yourself.

Not just an artist, but a game developer? Insane! I hope development for AMEND (working title) goes well for you. It already looks great, so I can't wait to see how it'll turn out in the coming years. Cool site by the way.
(P.S. feel free to post your theories and head canons here. I'm positive many of us would love to here your thoughts on Cave Story)

Jan 17, 2022 at 6:31 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It's never too late to introduce yourself.

Not just an artist, but a game developer? Insane! I hope development for AMEND (working title) goes well for you. It already looks great, so I can't wait to see how it'll turn out in the coming years. Cool site by the way.
(P.S. feel free to post your theories and head canons here. I'm positive many of us would love to here your thoughts on Cave Story)
Thank you!! very nice words, for my theories Im not too comfy telling to the public just yet, I moreso tell them to some friends who are cool with it!! Maybe once I get enough confidence Ill tell some!!!

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2022 at 2:25 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
The sickeningly cheerful say hello, introduce yourself; now where's my cookie? topic.

You all know what the point of this infernal topic is; many of you will know I can't stand the damn things; but it does keep the forum tidy by shoving them in one place.

Chances are someone will rename this before we go public.
Im right here buckaroo

Feb 25, 2022 at 2:44 AM
Hello right here buckaroo, I'm O-

Hello prince cookie and welcome to the forum. Seeing your posts, you want to be a modder. How cool! Others can and have already told you how to get started with modding. I hope you find the resources here and in the discord suitable for your creations. Happy modding!

Mar 15, 2022 at 9:26 PM
Been here way too long...
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
For some reason, playing Kero Blaster led me back here - really got me pining for the simpler times.
I tried making a mod or two waaay back in like 2006 or so, and I'm a bit sad I didn't stick with it at the time.
Thankfully, I am still as cringe as I ever was, so really I have barely changed, though I am old as beans now.

Though, I haven't been able to keep at a project since, unfortunately.
I've made a few incomplete things here and there, but only one thing ever got done and I'm not too proud of it.
Life is crazy.

...Anyways, I dunno how things are here nowadays, but I would really be remiss if I didn't pop in to say 'hi' again.

Mar 15, 2022 at 10:30 PM
Based Member
Hey Nator, nice to see another oldie stopping by and saying hi. I've heard your name, but I don't remember ever actually seeing any of your content, even though I lurked quite a fair bit on these forums before I joined in late 2011. Things are a lot quieter than they used to be. The Cave Story modding community has pretty much passed its golden age at this point (although when exactly the golden age was, is a bit up for debate), but some people are still making new mods. A lot of processes have gotten more streamlined, but there's not a much of a community to utilize the new tools compared to before. And for what does take place in the modding community, a lot of the action takes place on Discord instead of these forums.

These forums were still relatively active up until about 2019, and then I started noticing a significant decline. As Cave Story's release has drifted farther into the past, newer indie games have taken the spotlight, and message board technology has started to be viewed as outdated, this place has been getting less and less traffic, but there's still a Cave Story community that will continue to trickle along for some years to come.

In any case, thanks for popping in and making me look young, there aren't many users left who can do that.

Mar 16, 2022 at 6:31 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Sweet mother in heaven I didn't think that was a name I was going to see again

Mar 16, 2022 at 6:41 PM
Welcome.