Smash Bros. Ultimate

Aug 21, 2018 at 2:35 AM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
Aight so what are your top picks for newcomers? I'm going to put my votes in for Bandana Waddle Dee and Karate Joe (or any Rhythm Heaven character)

At first I was kind or worried that since this smash wouldn't have many newcomers that every new reveal would have to be a super hyped or popular character (Ridley, Simon Belmont). King K Rool gave me hope that some more lesser known/wacky characters would still be able to make it into the game (I know he's popular, but his tone is different from someone like the Belomonts)

Aug 21, 2018 at 2:43 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Since Commander Video got a trophy in Smash 4, and Shovel Knight is now an assist trophy in Ultimate, I hope there are more indie game representations as well (I'm looking at you, Quote and Shantae)

Aug 21, 2018 at 3:34 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Meme Picks: Tingle and a dramatically underpowered Glass Joe

Hopeful Picks: Karate Joe (as a moveset of several rhythm heaven icons) and Dillon the Red Flash

Likely Picks: Isabelle and Geno (possibly Skull Kid and Shadow)

Must-have picks: Sakurai's health and sanity, and my guilt of asking for more despite how much love has evidently already been put into the game.

The greed and desire for more will never end as long as the reveals will exist, but the dev team has already proven they really are giving it there all here, and I take it to heart that they really mean it when Sakurai stated he has no vision of the future of the series beyond ultimate, and that the biggest trick was returning every single cut character. That's it. This honestly might never happen again and this could be the death of the franchise going out with full force. Nintendo is certainly banking all resources on it this year, and I'm accepting his likely retirement from the series/gamemaking all together.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 3:38 AM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
geno or bust

Aug 21, 2018 at 3:41 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
geno or bust
Oh shit forgot that geno is in the "likely" pile considering the ballot and miifighter costumes.

Sep 4, 2018 at 9:15 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
catch me buying this day 1
also i pray for more kirby reps
but some of my other wants are jibanyan, more kid icarus rep, and arle (even though its unlikely)

Sep 4, 2018 at 12:16 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I really want to see Quote, Ninten, or Shante ( i mean like, Mother has been officially translated, and is has been for years, so it's not out of realm of possibility)

Sep 4, 2018 at 2:49 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
( i mean like, Mother has been officially translated, and is has been for years, so it's not out of realm of possibility)
but he would be the same ass ness or lucas my man
his possibility would be an echo at the very best

Sep 4, 2018 at 6:02 PM
War criminal
As for Quote and Shantae, two well known indie game characters, there's a good chance their games would get some sort of representation next. Commander Video got a trophy in Smash Wii U, Shovel Knight is currently an assist trophy in Smash Ultimate, i don't see anyone else before them! Except maybe Sans, because le Undertales xd

Sep 18, 2018 at 11:03 AM
I feel like Sakurai is really more open to the idea of indie reps now especially with shovel knight appearing as an assist (although what game does shovel knight NOT appear in these days)
But overall I feel like we can expect a really varied and fun cast this time around
also i'm pretty hyped for isabelle bc shes so cute..

Sep 18, 2018 at 11:54 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
also i'm pretty hyped for isabelle bc shes so cute..
Yeah, i swear when i get my hands on that game, Toon Link can go fuck himself, i'm maining Isabelle

Sep 18, 2018 at 2:50 PM
War criminal
I badly wanna main Isabelle, too! Sorry Mega Man, Shulk, and Lucina...

Sep 18, 2018 at 3:59 PM
I love Mega Man but he's too complicated to control in smash bros...you really need to be precise with his moves and not to mention he has like no melee attacks!
I do plan on testing out shulk though bc i love xenoblade and the streamlining they did to him was amazing, but idk if i'd stick with him, once again he's a bit complex and requires some multitasking.
As for lucina i already had her as my secondary in sm4sh (i mained bowser jr) so when i go into ultimate im looking for a more fresh experience, and will be trying out everyone.

Sep 19, 2018 at 4:43 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
I want more rewarding advantage state and better edguarding.
I want trump walljump to go away because it's retarded and I want trumping in general.
I want Peach/Daisy and Palutena to be upper B tier.
I want the game to be at least 10% faster than Smash WiiU.
I want Zelda's Fair and Bair to not be literal clones for moves. (can she have Palu's Fair please?)
I want Pivoting to be more useful/some good replacement
I want foxtrotting to be identical to smash WiiU if the above isn't fulfilled and initial dash length to be shorter (like cloud's in Smash WiiU)

And god, I swear can netplay be more bearable? It's getting better each release but it's still leagues behind any fighting game. Hell, even Brawlhala has better netplay.

Edit: I just realized this was a thread for characters not features

oops

Sep 19, 2018 at 4:13 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I don't & probably never will have a switch so I wont even play this game lmao but whatever.

Maybe shrek Ballos? That'd be cool. Probably won't happen though. Then again there are "villains" that you can play as in the game so maybe.

Sep 19, 2018 at 5:59 PM
Maybe shrek Ballos? That'd be cool. Probably won't happen though. Then again there are "villains" that you can play as in the game so maybe.
That would never happen, but it would be cool. He would probably have a sweet move set if he was in the game

Sep 20, 2018 at 1:19 AM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
if they were to introduce ballos they would have to have a hero to go along with him or else the whole villains theme would make no sense
quote has like 0 chance

Sep 20, 2018 at 2:44 AM
War criminal
Bring in Dr. Ivo Robotnik before Ballos, tbh

Sep 30, 2019 at 11:14 AM
Oh man, the DLC for this game is great. I mean, who thought we'd ever see Banjo Kazooie on a Nintendo console ever again?

Oct 15, 2019 at 2:09 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Oh man, the DLC for this game is great. I mean, who thought we'd ever see Banjo Kazooie on a Nintendo console ever again?
I really like Ultimate and many of its inclusions, but Banjo and Kazooie make me the happiest. They're just so charming and seeing them in action puts a smile on my face - playing as them is fun, too, from my limited experience at my college's Smash club. Cool mechanics and gimmicks are nice, but so is a solid, mostly straightforward pair with a decent trump card and some tricky grenade tech. :3

Oh, and it's wild that they're coming out with even more characters after Terry! Makes me wonder just how far the game will go and who will be present at its close - it already has one of the coolest casts ever. :heartrefill: