Suicide Speedrun (Mod)

Jul 3, 2017 at 12:26 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Welcome to the Suicidal Speedrun Mod.

This is a mod is a very difficult game where everything kills you. At a max HP at 1, you can see yourself die alot of times and not rage a whole lot. (Because I fixed that in later versions)
I've already done a complete TAS on it for the latest version

I personally want to thank my good friends on discord for giving me suggestions and reviewing its code.
Features:
- Smooth Gameplay with 60fps
- 1 hp so you can rage on youtube to make ad revenue :)
- Save points wherever possible
- Now With 16:9 Widescreen!

Changelog:
https://pastebin.com/3pPxtffN

Downloads:

To download the latest version, look for the highest number in the files. (Example, 120 = 1.20)

-Mega-
-Google Drive-

Edit 8/17/2017:

I want to thank Clownacy for making the Mod Loader that I used. I'm sorry if I never properly thanked him for creating a tool for everyone to use for their mods.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2017 at 4:14 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Instead of doing some stupid introduction let's hop straight into this.

This is a mod similar to a boss rush, except with only 1 hp and an polar star that deals more damage than usual.
I made this in 2 days with constant testing and deaths to make sure this was playable.

I've already done a complete TAS on it, you can check it out here:

I personally want to thank my good friends on discord for giving me suggestions and reviewing its code.

Version 1.15 Changelog
- Fixed a bug where you could not progress to Balfrog boss
- Fixed recurring Welcome message when you die
omG THIS POST PROMOTES AND SUICIDE OMG IM REPORTTITIIGN DDDDDDDDXXXXXXXXXXXXX

(just kidding uwu)

Jul 3, 2017 at 5:34 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
So this mod basically looks like you kind of barely edited the game and just made the string of boss fights you made ridiculously difficult. A very good looking and presumably well-functioning product for a first-timer's mod but seems like it's lacking in real content. As a word of warning, most of the people around here have played Cave Story or some slight variation of it a million times at this point. Things like boss rushes that don't present the bosses in new and unique ways are not going to interest most people here.

I would play this but I value my sanity and 1HP is a little insane. Good job on actually testing your own mod thoroughly before releasing it though, from the TAS video it seems you went through a lot of trouble for it. Most new modders here never even run their own exe and it gets a little tedious having to work through simple coding bugs that could be easily fixed by testing.

EDIT:
Also, in all seriousness that title is not really the most appropriate. I would appreciate if you changed it.

Jul 3, 2017 at 5:54 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
So this mod basically looks like you kind of barely edited the game and just made the string of boss fights you made ridiculously difficult. A very good looking and presumably well-functioning product for a first-timer's mod but seems like it's lacking in real content. As a word of warning, most of the people around here have played Cave Story or some slight variation of it a million times at this point. Things like boss rushes that don't present the bosses in new and unique ways are not going to interest most people here.

I would play this but I value my sanity and 1HP is a little insane. Good job on actually testing your own mod thoroughly before releasing it though, from the TAS video it seems you went through a lot of trouble for it. Most new modders here never even run their own exe and it gets a little tedious having to work through simple coding bugs that could be easily fixed by testing.

EDIT:
Also, in all seriousness that title is not really the most appropriate. I would appreciate if you changed it.

First I want to say, thank for taking the time for making a post about this, at the time I wanted something very difficult. I wanted to put something out onto the forums as quick as possible, so it would not look as if I was abandoning the forums. When I'm making a mod I always test it to make sure everything is decent before I have it reviewed by someone else.

I understand if people are turned down by the lack of originality. I will look forward to making my mods better . Thank you again for reviewing this mod.

omG THIS POST PROMOTES AND SUICIDE OMG IM REPORTTITIIGN DDDDDDDDXXXXXXXXXXXXX

(just kidding uwu)

I can obviously tell that you are making a joke about this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 3, 2017 at 8:10 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
this mod certainly does what it tries to do, creating a boss rush requiring an immense amount of skill in dodging with few save points.
the biggest problem is the fact that the cutscenes are still in the game.
because of this, dying is way more annoying than it should be, especially the first time when the skipflags aren't set yet.

it's kinda weird that balfrog is in this alongside the endgame bosses. that's not really a problem, though.

due to how simple this mod is, there's not much else to say about it.

Jul 3, 2017 at 10:54 PM
Updated to 1.16, enjoy the autosaving before and after some bosses

Jul 4, 2017 at 12:11 AM
It really seems like you took time to learn TSC before you started posting here. How long have you been practicing with TSC, out of curiosity? Also, we all had that first post/first mod eagerness, don't worry about it. This is a decent product for a first mod.

Jul 4, 2017 at 12:24 AM
It really seems like you took time to learn TSC before you started posting here. How long have you been practicing with TSC, out of curiosity? Also, we all had that first post/first mod eagerness, don't worry about it. This is a decent product for a first mod.
Well first let me tell you that this isn't my first mod it's my 3rd mod It was back in 2016 when I posted my 2nd one on the forums (it's terrible don't play it). Ever since I've watched n0xids video on editing I've been fascinated that anyone could do it. And now you see me here. By the time you've read this I've already am working on to make this mod better and as well working on a new project. However I will need a cheat sheet from time to time.

Jul 4, 2017 at 2:52 AM
Well first let me tell you that this isn't my first mod it's my 3rd mod It was back in 2016 when I posted my 2nd one on the forums (it's terrible don't play it). Ever since I've watched n0xids video on editing I've been fascinated that anyone could do it. And now you see me here. By the time you've read this I've already am working on to make this mod better and as well working on a new project. However I will need a cheat sheet from time to time.
Oh my bad. I saw your low post count and assumed you were a brand new member when I could've looked up literally a line and seen that you weren't. Sorry.

Jul 4, 2017 at 3:42 PM
Oh my bad. I saw your low post count and assumed you were a brand new member when I could've looked up literally a line and seen that you weren't. Sorry.
It's alright,
Oh... I was hoping this would be Cave Story, except you need to kill yourself every so often to continue and stay alive. That would've been fun.
Interesting Concept. might use that Idea for future updates

Jul 6, 2017 at 4:01 AM
As of 7/5/2017, a 16:9 widescreen modification.

UPDATED TO 1.17

Jul 7, 2017 at 4:45 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
1.18 is in development and should be released soon. There is a multitude of fixes and additions to make the game more balanced, fast, and entertaining. Hopefully it'll be released Friday.

btw 1.17 is broke don't download pls

Jul 7, 2017 at 2:43 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Who're you and what have you done with Dabaski?!
I'm just some boring 13 year old that helped clean up the TSC and fixed a few bugs.

Jul 7, 2017 at 7:41 PM
VERSION 1.18 is now out! Don't play 1.17!

Who're you and what have you done with Dabaski?!

I am still here, mr678 and I are working on this project making it better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 18, 2017 at 11:23 AM
1.19 IS OUT!!!
ITS EASIER!!

Jul 18, 2017 at 3:10 PM
"Huzzah!"

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2017 at 2:40 AM
Anyone have any suggestions for this mod how I could improve it? If you just watched the TAS video above, I would play it yourself before suggesting something.

Aug 30, 2017 at 5:03 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Challenge. Accepted.