In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Jun 4, 2017 at 1:39 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Heyo kiddos

Since I'm too busy to do any work I've gone ahead and started my mod. It's got a few neat ideas and I'm gonna try my best to finish it. Who all else is still working on theirs? There's potential to be had yet :orangebell:

Jun 4, 2017 at 2:38 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
The neverending deadline

Jun 4, 2017 at 3:13 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
It won't take me that long, I'll probably need a few extra days at the absolute most

Unless it just ends up being me vs Noxid 2.0 in which case I can always wait another four years :chin:

Jun 4, 2017 at 4:50 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
It still has to end in 2017 with enough time for the judges to do their duty.
This has been going since March. Just let it die, let it find peace. Obviously not right this second, but August 28th?

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2017 at 4:56 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
you already have one entry, that's enough to have a winner uwu

Jun 4, 2017 at 8:24 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Yeah I gave up on "Poetry Contest Simulator 2017" due to other more interesting obligations.

But who knows with the deadline not existing maybe one day Ill finally release something.

Jun 7, 2017 at 11:11 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Last edited:
Jun 8, 2017 at 1:29 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
The 9 Rooms is a mod about, well, I'm not sure.
I DID go through it as much as I could: got the jetpack, polar star with the limited ammo, mimiga mask?, stopwatch... fought the ... Critter and the Bat. Fell to my doom, and also kept going back to Cthulhu... but he always said... come back when you've done everything. What Is Left?! The only path I haven't explored on the map was the unreachable part connected to the top. Anyway, interesting mod concept, but it had a bunch of things working against it.

Such as: If the almost black paths are supposed to be barely visible, you should probably make it a bit more visible still. I had to adjust my display in order to see the paths ...
No music, or interesting use of the silent environment...
The mod would send me back to a true New Game if I died normally to anything. Like spikes.
It was too aimless. Once you reached the last room, it sends you to the title. And even when finding the "The End" room, I don't know if it's over since there is a NO, and the Cthulhu telling me there is more to... find.
What were the items for? A Clock... a mask... etc... I was waiting for the big reveal, but never found anything. And running out of bullets seems odd and possibly a game breaker. Also, ignoring a boss and leaving the room causes the boss music to play forever. Lastly, one chest had an unusual message, empty with a question mark? Why were they different?

Anyway, it seems creative... but it needs Something... imo. You have the maze, but no cheese to find. It does make a good psych project though, how far is the player willing to explore with no direction? What makes them quit? When they find The End, do they ignore it and seek "NO". I'm reaching here, but anyway... glad to see a creative entry!

I bet this would be more fun with some friends; to tease them to try to find everything, maybe with some hints. Reminds me of labyrinth mazes I used to make to torment people x) (fun times!)

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2017 at 1:53 AM
Soup Man
I DID go through it as much as I could: got the jetpack, polar star with the limited ammo, mimiga mask?, stopwatch... fought the ... Critter and the Bat. Fell to my doom, and also kept going back to Cthulhu... but he always said... come back when you've done everything. What Is Left?! The only path I haven't explored on the map was the unreachable part connected to the top. Anyway, interesting mod concept, but it had a bunch of things working against it.

Such as: If the almost black paths are supposed to be barely visible, you should probably make it a bit more visible still. I had to adjust my display in order to see the paths ...
No music, or interesting use of the silent environment...
The mod would send me back to a true New Game if I died normally to anything. Like spikes.
It was too aimless. Once you reached the last room, it sends you to the title. And even when finding the "The End" room, I don't know if it's over since there is a NO, and the Cthulhu telling me there is more to... find.
What were the items for? A Clock... a mask... etc... I was waiting for the big reveal, but never found anything. And running out of bullets seems odd and possibly a game breaker. Also, ignoring a boss and leaving the room causes the boss music to play forever. Lastly, one chest had an unusual message, empty with a question mark? Why were they different?

Anyway, it seems creative... but it needs Something... imo. You have the maze, but no cheese to find. It does make a good psych project though, how far is the player willing to explore with no direction? What makes them quit? When they find The End, do they ignore it and seek "NO". I'm reaching here, but anyway... glad to see a creative entry!

I bet this would be more fun with some friends; to tease them to try to find everything, maybe with some hints. Reminds me of labyrinth mazes I used to make to torment people x) (fun times!)
Did you go back into the hallway where you found the clock? that should be the last ending. Head back to Cthulhu and the rest should be easy to figure out. I actually didn't mean for that ending to be so hard to find. If I do another update, I'll add some hints.

EDIT: The items don't really do anything in this mod (except the block disruptor, which you get much later), but will have a bigger meaning in the sequel. The 9 Rooms is sort a test of willpower and stubbornness, a tribute to human curiosity. Pushing on and on even though there's a chance none of it will matter, and the ending will make you even more confused than when you began.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2017 at 1:54 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
for a game with no save points it's pretty easy to die in this

Jun 8, 2017 at 1:59 AM
Soup Man
for a game with no save points it's pretty easy to die in this
the game saves quite often but pressing "yes" in the "you have died" message makes you restart. This is intentional.

Jun 8, 2017 at 3:25 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
the game saves quite often but pressing "yes" in the "you have died" message makes you restart. This is intentional.
I haven't played this yet, but that sounds terrible.

Nobody wants to press an additional key other than spamming "z" upon death.

Jun 8, 2017 at 3:30 AM
Soup Man
I haven't played this yet, but that sounds terrible.

Nobody wants to press an additional key other than spamming "z" upon death.
you don't die much though. i'll fix this in update 2

Jun 8, 2017 at 4:06 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Please withhold from submitting demos of your publicly before the mod is ready. And once you submit your mod you can not update it unless there is something critically wrong with it; in which case you may update it once.

Jun 8, 2017 at 4:21 AM
Soup Man
well seeing that X-Calibur got stuck for quite a while, I'd assume that this is a major flaw. I'll ask zxin about it first I guess.